June 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    9.1 miles - slower than I like overall, but started with some strides and didn't feel too bad once I got to the slower and consistent running.

exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    06/01/18 - 0
    06/02/18 - 1 mile race & 5k race
    06/03/18 - 10 miles @ 9:52
    06/04/18 - 13.1 miles @ 9:04
    06/05/18 - 0 :(
    06/06/18 - 13.1 miles @ 9:30 including hill repeats
    06/07/18 -
    06/08/18 - 0 :(
    06/09/18 - 12 miles @ 9:29
    06/10/18 - 13.1 miles @ 9:22
    06/11/18 - 9 miles @ 9:12
    06/12/18 - 0
    06/13/18 - 10 miles @ 9:26
    06/14/18 - 9 miles @ 9:12
    06/19/18 - 6.2 miles @ 9:50
    06/20/18 - 10 miles @ 9:10

07/20/18 - Liberty Get Well Mile
    08/11/18 - Howl At The Moon 5k

--More as I find them - need find a nice trail race

2020 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

The weather was still humid, but much better than it has been. Still too humid for me, not ready for this weather. I really needed a spring to ease me into it!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    mcw2018mfp wrote: »
    @Scott6255 when running in the middle of nowhere you can pack
    x8le829m0nr6.jpeg

So, being raised in a hunting family, and having lived in the southern US for a long time... that is not what I think of when someone talks about "packing" protection. ;)

• jele30
    jele30 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ran during daughter’s soccer practice on the trail. It was a bit windy, maybe 70F tops, but no humidity. It was the kind of weather that I would have been chilled standing at practice in my t-shirt and shorts, but beautiful for a run.

6/6 - 3 miles
    6/7 - 1 mile walk
    6/9 - 6.2 miles - 10k Race
    6/11- 4 mile walk
    6/13 - 2.5 miles/ 1 mile walk
    6/14 - rest/walk
    6/15 - 4.3 miles
    6/18 - 4 miles
    6/20 - 2 mile walk
    6/21 - 4 miles

Total: 24/55 miles
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    x8le829m0nr6.jpeg

So, being raised in a hunting family, and having lived in the southern US for a long time... that is not what I think of when someone talks about "packing" protection. ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that!

I'm used to seeing holsters everywhere. Or the real smart ones that just tuck it in their waistband.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    x8le829m0nr6.jpeg
    @mcw2018mfp - Yes, the knife is impressive but the quilt is beautiful! I also have the same fitletic belt but I don't use it much any more.

@girlinahat - your race activities sound awesome - so much fun! Hope your marathon is great and you have a really fun time with everything!

Lots more to catch up on but it will have to wait until tomorrow! I am too tired to update my mileage and respond to the posts tonight...
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    hanlonsk wrote: »
    Omg! @ereck44 when is this adventure? They currently have me working in the South Dakota/devils tower area.... if I am still up here when your adventure is we should totally figure out a rendezvous plan!

ETA- I haven’t been up here enough to have much input on the area... other than watch out for deer.

Cool! We are renting a house in Custer from August 26th to September 2nd. We wanted to avoid the Sturgis bike festival. Also I knew I would have a better chance of getting my vacation granted if we picked a time in late summer. How long will u be in the area? Definitely we should meet if you are still there.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

I no longer envy you treadmill runners and I will probably never step foot on one again. Not being able to “freely” change my pace is not fun. Lol. I was doing my warmup when my towel fell on the treadmill, totally messed up my balance and I went down and jacked myself up so horribly. Thank sweet Jesus I have a sense of humor, I just laughed at myself, and kept going. I think I’ll stick to running outside cuz even with the elliptical you still can’t “freely” change pace. Now I will baby myself for a couple of days cuz that s**t hurt. I played basketball and did MMA in college and have been hurt a lot worse but holy crap am I in pain. Treadmill skinned me alive. Lol

I love my treadmill but I have a fear of the thing stopping suddenly while I'm running. It happened once at a gym I used to go to. Power went out in the middle of my run, and THAT was a rude awakening. Ever since then I've been scared it'll happen again.

Treadmill mishaps are the worst! I have accidentally hit the stop button as well. Yeah, you really can't control the pace that much. Now I am just using the treadmill to warm up before lifting weights. I never think of it as a substitute for running outdoors.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    exercise.png

I no longer envy you treadmill runners and I will probably never step foot on one again. Not being able to “freely” change my pace is not fun. Lol. I was doing my warmup when my towel fell on the treadmill, totally messed up my balance and I went down and jacked myself up so horribly. Thank sweet Jesus I have a sense of humor, I just laughed at myself, and kept going. I think I’ll stick to running outside cuz even with the elliptical you still can’t “freely” change pace. Now I will baby myself for a couple of days cuz that s**t hurt. I played basketball and did MMA in college and have been hurt a lot worse but holy crap am I in pain. Treadmill skinned me alive. Lol

I love my treadmill but I have a fear of the thing stopping suddenly while I'm running. It happened once at a gym I used to go to. Power went out in the middle of my run, and THAT was a rude awakening. Ever since then I've been scared it'll happen again.

Treadmill mishaps are the worst! I have accidentally hit the stop button as well. Yeah, you really can't control the pace that much. Now I am just using the treadmill to warm up before lifting weights. I never think of it as a substitute for running outdoors.

Accidentally hitting stop, or knocking out the safety key is so common in my world that bearly phases me anymore. :lol: I am just so graceful and coordinated! :lol:
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Looked like you were having fun on your 10K @Teresa502. Pictures are great!
    Good luck on your race tomorrow @cburke8909! Sounds like you are ready!
    Good luck on Sunday @ariceroni! I know you will kill it!

Hope to get back to running on Saturday. Calf/Achilles have felt great the last two days. Will go slow and short just to test it out.

Good luck to anyone else that is racing this weekend that I missed!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @Teresa502 you look so happy running!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 Sucks you had a rough start, but great that you had fun! :)
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @BruinsGal_91 - Sorry you weren't feeling it but at least you had fun with your work friends!
    @Teresa502 - love the pictures! Great job!

Very humid here as well ... but I guess normal for the six months of humid weather in Orlando.