40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Sweat & Ab Attack: 10"=Done!
  • Lisamh0421
    Lisamh0421 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 49... so I guess that technically means I can join this group... :smiley: I'm 5'8" 200.4 pounds. I started on 4/23/18 at 224.8 and my goal is 145. I want to hit my goal by my 50th birthday... 1/8/19.
  • gam3rguy
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Finished the Chicago Spartan Super & Sprint over the weekend with my wife. Right in the middle of the pack, but we weren't going for time, we just made sure we had enough energy for the obstacles and took it slow. The mud was insane and really made it challenging, but a hell of a lot of fun.

I failed the Twister, Olympus, and the Multi-rig on the Super and nailed all the rest.

I failed the Twister, Olympus, and the Rope Climb on the Sprint and nailed all the rest.

Mud was a huge factor on this one and just toasted many racers. I'm investing into a good pair of shoes this time. No more old running shoes for this old dog.

Bring on the Beast!

CONGRATS!

I do twister backwards. seems to work for me as I tend to swing a lot going forwards or on the sides (and waste too much energy hanging and trying to STOP swinging). for Olympus...stay high and close to the wall (try not to stick your butt out too far). low=you end up climbing back up a lot and wasting energy. shady side on hot sunny days...or it's friggin' HOT! also...3 points of contact. multi-rig is variable on difficulty...really depends on the set up and where it is on the coarse. for rope climb, lots of guys try to muscle up. I lock my feet and make it more of a leg thing. much easier and saves energy. works for me wet or dry.

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    edited June 2018
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Finished the Chicago Spartan Super & Sprint over the weekend with my wife. Right in the middle of the pack, but we weren't going for time, we just made sure we had enough energy for the obstacles and took it slow. The mud was insane and really made it challenging, but a hell of a lot of fun.

I failed the Twister, Olympus, and the Multi-rig on the Super and nailed all the rest.

I failed the Twister, Olympus, and the Rope Climb on the Sprint and nailed all the rest.

Mud was a huge factor on this one and just toasted many racers. I'm investing into a good pair of shoes this time. No more old running shoes for this old dog.

Bring on the Beast!

CONGRATS!

I do twister backwards. seems to work for me as I tend to swing a lot going forwards or on the sides (and waste too much energy hanging and trying to STOP swinging). for Olympus...stay high and close to the wall (try not to stick your butt out too far). low=you end up climbing back up a lot and wasting energy. shady side on hot sunny days...or it's friggin' HOT! also...3 points of contact. multi-rig is variable on difficulty...really depends on the set up and where it is on the coarse. for rope climb, lots of guys try to muscle up. I lock my feet and make it more of a leg thing. much easier and saves energy. works for me wet or dry.

Thanks - much appreciated!

I tried Twister backwards and just need to work on hand strength and not long arm this obstacle. Olympus was right after a drainage spot in a muddy field so there was no traction. I tried slogging this on my knees, but the walls were smeared with mud. Multi-rig was fine, but transitioning from the rings to a bar just threw me off, so off to the rock walls for me. Rope climb was fine the first day, but the lower halves of the ropes were just covered in wet mud and my grip couldn't pull me though.

Realizing I really need to develop my forearms and drop another 10 lbs.
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Strength"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Friday Fight: Round 2”=DONE!
  • jadamuriel76
    jadamuriel76 Posts: 58 Member
    41 yo starting again...
  • gam3rguy
    "P90X ONE on ONE Vol. 1 30-15: The Upper-Body Massacre & Insanity Max: 30 Pulse"=Done!
  • jls1leather
    jls1leather Posts: 68 Member
    Kadieter wrote: »
    New to Myfitnesspal as of today:

I like this Topic! I'm 43 and need to kick 70 pounds to the curb! I already ditched 43 pounds, on NS then gained 7 back :( I can do it on my own without paying $300 plus a month. We are all in this together and I know we can reach our goals as long as we work hard, pay attention to what goes in our mouths and support eachother.

Looking forward to being a loser along with the rest of you!!

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    kimber0607 wrote: »

Makes me feel like i need a more concrete plan..LOL
    turned 45 on 6/9

I try to work out every day for an hour....
    Mostly focus on weights/strength training..crunches..push ups etc (at home w equipment)
    as far as cardio, I try to go for a walk or bike with the kids for at least 30min a day...doesn't count errands, shopping ....try to park far away when i go shopping to get in as many steps as possible

Posting the week's workout schedule for accountability.

Monday - lifting AM (squat day) - yoga PM
    Tuesday - circuit training - AM
    Wednesday - lifting AM (deadlift day)
    Thursday - circuit training - AM - yoga PM
    Friday - lifting AM (bench day)
    Saturday - cardio - 60 minutes minimum hiking/walking
    Sunday - rest day

Done. Made every workout except the Thursday yoga class - went wade fishing instead, so still got some exercise.

Do it again this week.

Monday - lifting AM (squat day) - yoga PM
    Tuesday - circuit training - AM
    Wednesday - lifting AM (deadlift day)
    Thursday - circuit training - AM - yoga PM
    Friday - lifting AM (bench day)
    Saturday - cardio - 60 minutes minimum hiking/walking
    Sunday - rest day

Decided to take a last minute road trip - so I doubled up Friday. Got everything done in five days - then got a short walk in the woods yesterday as a bonus. Rest today and start over again.
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Cardio & Max Out Abs"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Power"=Done! it's not getting any easier...but my speed and reps are going UP!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Well, Canada Day weekend always brings LOTs of celebrating. And so, I did. I indulged and celebrated. I also walked TONS each of Saturday, Sunday and Monday and I also lifted on Saturday, Monday and today (Tuesday).

So, exercise-wise, I am right on track. I am going to make sure that I only eat proteins and veggies for the next six weeks - a SURPRISE 25 year reunion showed up in my inbox!!! Yikes.
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Sweat & 360 Abs"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    I started LOGGING my food, again, today! So, THAT is a "win". I have to keep up this good habit.

I need to start this again as well!
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity Max: 30 Max Out Strength"=Done!