New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Really curious what the crust is made of!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

This is the description from the Target entry:
    Introducing the new Quest Thin Crust Pizza, available in three flavors: 4-Cheese, Uncured Pepperoni and Supreme. The 9-inch pizza has between 20-28 grams of protein and 5-6g of net carbs per serving - and is gluten-free. Unlike other pizzas, the new Quest Thin Crust Pizza has a special crust, made with a dairy protein base. We've essentially swapped carbs common in traditional pizza crust for protein. The result is a pizza everyone can enjoy. Because we believe that life is better when you can feed your cravings.

I suspect it's similar to the protein-carb swaps made in recipes like the MFP-popular protein angel food cake.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    These look so good... 7u6qxws1hkpg.png

I bet the Reese's is heavenly.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

This is the description from the Target entry:
    Introducing the new Quest Thin Crust Pizza, available in three flavors: 4-Cheese, Uncured Pepperoni and Supreme. The 9-inch pizza has between 20-28 grams of protein and 5-6g of net carbs per serving - and is gluten-free. Unlike other pizzas, the new Quest Thin Crust Pizza has a special crust, made with a dairy protein base. We've essentially swapped carbs common in traditional pizza crust for protein. The result is a pizza everyone can enjoy. Because we believe that life is better when you can feed your cravings.

I suspect it's similar to the protein-carb swaps made in recipes like the MFP-popular protein angel food cake.

Ingredients for 4-cheese Quest pizza:

WATER, LOW-MOISTURE MOZZARELLA CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE, TOMATO PASTE, PROVOLONE CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), CELLULOSE, PECORINO ROMANO CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), SOLUBLE CORN FIBER, HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER OIL, FONTINA CHEESE (PASTEURIZED COW MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), CITRUS FIBER. CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF THE FOLLOWING: WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, SEA SALT, GARLIC, OREGANO, BLACK PEPPER, BASIL, ONION POWDER, CAYENNE PEPPER, YEAST, PALM OIL, BAKING SODA, XANTHAN GUM, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN.

Pepperoni:

WATER, LOW-MOISTURE MOZZARELLA CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE, TOMATO PASTE, UNCURED PEPPERONI NO NITRATES OR NITRITES ADDED EXCEPT FOR THOSE NATURALLY OCCURRING IN SEA SALT AND CELERY JUICE (PORK, SEA SALT, SPICES, WATER, DEXTROSE, PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVORS, GARLIC, PAPRIKA OLEORESIN, LACTIC ACID STARTER CULTURE), CELLULOSE, SOLUBLE CORN FIBER, HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER OIL, PECORINO ROMANO CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), CITRUS FIBER. CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF THE FOLLOWING: WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, SEA SALT, GARLIC, OREGANO, BLACK PEPPER, BASIL, ONION POWDER, CAYENNE PEPPER, PALM OIL, YEAST, BAKING SODA, XANTHAN GUM, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN.

Supreme:

INGREDIENTS: WATER, LOW-MOISTURE MOZZARELLA CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), MILK PROTEIN ISOLATE, TOMATO PASTE, UNCURED PEPPERONI NO NITRATES OR NITRITES ADDED EXCEPT FOR THOSE NATURALLY OCCURRING IN SEA SALT AND CELERY JUICE (PORK, SEA SALT, SPICES, WATER, DEXTROSE, PAPRIKA, NATURAL FLAVORS, GARLIC, PAPRIKA OLEORESIN, LACTIC ACID STARTER CULTURE), ITALIAN SAUSAGE (PORK, SPICES, WATER, SALT, SUGAR, NATURAL FLAVORS, PAPRIKA), CELLULOSE, BELL PEPPERS, ONIONS, BLACK OLIVES (WITH FERROUS GLUCONATE AS STABILIZER), SOLUBLE CORN FIBER, HIGH OLEIC SUNFLOWER OIL, PECORINO ROMANO CHEESE (PASTEURIZED MILK, CHEESE CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES). CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF THE FOLLOWING: WHEY PROTEIN ISOLATE, CITRUS FIBER, EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, SALT, GARLIC, OREGANO, BLACK PEPPER, BASIL, ONION POWDER, CAYENNE PEPPER, PALM OIL, YEAST, BAKING SODA, XANTHAN GUM, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Happy 7-11 day today! Free small slurpee ;) I went twice... >.>
    The first time I got a blue slurpee assuming it was the crunchberries one but it tasted like cotton candy (which I knew is a flavor they sold before) so I started doubting it was ever the crunchberry and went back to a different 7-11 to get it again. Definitely crunchberry this time, but again it tasted like cotton candy! Either way, I’m happy! I’ll get it again :)
    rqnsach4xeoq.jpeg
    ojxz2b9fehmp.jpeg
    I was taking a mini road trip and stopped in a dollar general which I normally never ever pass so I stopped inside hoping to find the store exclusive ramen noodle pringles. No luck, but I did find these! Got the Yoo-hoo because I’m a sucker for that type of stuff, but not the soda. I’m not 100% sure that’s new because I don’t normally consume soft drinks, but the can looked cool!
    e8pift1wurwg.jpeg
    vf1b4wr4tf83.jpeg
    Lastly, I stopped in Shoprite and noticed these new low calorie treats! I also found store made fudge in cotton candy flavoring so I passed for the sake of not completely blowing my budget, but if anyone tries it I’m curious to hear how they are!
    t34et65y359d.jpeg
    8krtbbklpgfi.jpeg
    a0wwfbsu5x42.jpeg
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Wanted to hit 7-11 but ironically my work shift is also 11-7 so no free slurpee for me. I have tried beet hummus. I am a fan but I really like beets and hummus in general.
  • Ruatine
    Options
    Stopped by Target after work today and managed to snag this:

0dwgathme5ad.jpeg

The Quest pizzas, while in stock at my nearest Target, are not on the shelf according to the employee I asked. They are turning over inventory apparently, and the pallets with the Quest pizzas won’t be unloaded for another couple days. No Quest pizza for me before my vacation next week. Oh well.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I got my two free swell ice creams today at giants stores. I got dark chocolate toffee and coconut. Figured d grab flavors other companies don't have. That's 9 free in the past few weeks on the ice cream front. My freezer is now packed! I'll have to start eating them to make room for the new target ones.

I make pizza with the two ingredient dough, costs almost nothing to make, this pepperoni and chicken sausage pizza has 613 calories and 49 grams of protein. I make pizza every weekend. It's so fast and easy too.

74ijcxx42ii6.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I got my two free swell ice creams today at giants stores. I got dark chocolate toffee and coconut. Figured d grab flavors other companies don't have. That's 9 free in the past few weeks on the ice cream front. My freezer is now packed! I'll have to start eating them to make room for the new target ones.

I make pizza with the two ingredient dough, costs almost nothing to make, this pepperoni and chicken sausage pizza has 613 calories and 49 grams of protein. I make pizza every weekend. It's so fast and easy too.

74ijcxx42ii6.jpg

That looks delicious! What recipe did you use? I'm pretty sure you shared it before, but I can't find it now! That's what I get for not saving or printing it!!!!

Also, I got an email from Starbucks today... these look delicious! I'm a sucker for all things vanilla bean...
    0cp87agw80j3.png

Weird description though... upside down latte? It looks a lot like their macchiatos, why not just call it a macchiato?
    8gl5k1acgdsf.png

And in case anyone was wondering... these things are AMAZING. Has the same taste as the salted caramel hot chocplates from Starbucks which they make with their toffee nut syrup. I’m in love!
    p17b4bc65boj.jpeg
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Had the archer farm cookie dough today. It was alright. Good but tasted like any other cookie dough. did have a good amount of mix ins. Definitely go for the more fun flavors. The mint cookies was so good.
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    G Hughes sugar free bbq sauce. While at Walmart, I picked up the first sugar free bbq sauce I saw which happened to be this. It’s amazing. I hate artificial sweetener tastes so I was impressed by this sauce. If I didn’t know better, I never would have guessed it was sugar free! It’s 10 calories for 3 tbsp vs. 50 calories in 2 tbsp of Kraft original. Score!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    On Ibotta they have a $4.00 off one pint of Arctic Zero light ice cream (the new variety on one pint)!
  • Ruatine
    Options
    Anyone try these? 72xj76a1za2l.png

No, but I'm going to... those look awesome!

@melissa6771 Thanks for the pizza crust recipe! I'm going to try that one. :)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    tpzhq0fxi9bb.jpg
    15175ayisjsh.jpg

These are...not great. They are literally the only bars I can currently get at Costco that don't have peanuts or peanut butter as a main ingredient (husband has a severe allergy) and they have the worst texture ever, like they should be soft but are instead almost rock-hard and take like a year to chew. The expiry on the package is not until 2019 so I don't know what gives, but blech. They are almost inedible despite tasting more or less okay.

My beloved knock-off Quest bars from Costco have been unavailable in my part of Canada for months now, and so I have been trying all sorts of things for breakfast instead with little success. I might just have to revert to spending $40 for 12 Quest bars at GNC again since I find those at least tolerable, but it's going to really irritate me after buying 20 packs of the knockoffs for $25. I'm not a breakfast person at all and I really struggle to choke anything down, but if I don't eat, I feel tired and shaky all morning.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Anyone try these? 72xj76a1za2l.png

Sweet fancy. I haven't seen/tried, but I need to!

OTOH, I did pick up the Strawberry Shortcake Oreos at Tops last night and they were...OK. Fake strawb flavor, not even remotely reminiscent of the Good Humor bars, 5/10. Which isn't to say they won't get eaten. I do have a 13 year old boy in the house. :D
  • hgycta
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Anything with peanut butter is my weakness... I'm really hoping this has a stronger peanut butter flavor than their chocolate peanut butter pint! I'll be keeping an eye out for it!
    Saw it on Yahoo: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/halo-top-flavor-tastes-exactly-133100595.html, and they say to mark your calendars because the first ones on July 15th get a free pint at: https://halotop.com/new
    "The flavor is made with peanut butter ice cream, a strawberry swirl, and cannoli bites"
    Wait, cannoli bites? That's odd, but hey, I'm in!
    2e4awnzunp7i.png
    ufo2fgxpzmm2.png