Mfp crushes...

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    In my personal experience, men and women cannot have a CLOSE platonic relationship. I've personally lost every single one of my good guy friends because they have wanted more, where I did not, they were all single btw. I would not maintain a super close friendship with a married man where we are spending time alone together if his wife was not present... there are lines of respect I would not cross... tee hee. I still find MOST women difficult to befriend, with their jealous, catty, judgy, gossipy attitudes... I just don't get that from most guys. I have met a few wonderful ladies this past year, however they are married with children and have busy lives and do more "couple things" with other couples... As a single woman, I just don't fit into that. Im totally cool with having friends to hang out with casually.

As far as MFP crushes go... Whatcha up to for the next 6 weeks? :p

Im free @LMNOP55 just dumped me :p
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    I get casual crushes and intense crushes. I've made it a practice to not do the intense crush thing anymore because ultimately people get hurt feelings. No one is really going to move across the country or the world for that matter, to get truly involved. It's just not realistic.
    It's easier to give zero fvcks.

ALL 👏OF 👏 THIS👏! I think some people give too much attention to those on social media. Love connections might happen, but no one should expect them. An, "It's not that serious" approach to everything works best for me. I used to have a crush on someone here, but it quickly dissapeared after noticing their "online personality." I also, think there are alot of lonely and/or low self esteem having people out there who seek validation from strangers online.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    nooshi713 wrote: »

It's like the old saying of "You can't have friends of the opposite sex". This was the belief of my ex-wife, and she forbid me from having female friends. Driving those I did have away. For some reason, people have this stupid notion in their head that if you have friends of the opposite sex, all you'd want to do is get in their pants.

This is a bunch of BS, because it's nice to have close friends of the opposite sex for different views, and bounce things off when you have questions of something related to a spouse or SO. But, some don't see this as being a good thing for various reasons. My experience has shown that if a SO has issues with someone having friends of the opposite sex, watch out. They're usually the ones who are most likely to cheat. Or, are extremely jealous, which is unhealthy for any relationship.

Edited for typos.

I wish you were right but my experience has been the opposite. I would love to have male friends but have yet to meet a man that doesnt try to take things beyond friendship. Many guys have told me that they don't believe men and women can be friends either.

We're both right, in that they both do occur. Just, our experiences have been different. I have had some female friends take advantage of me as well. I'm usually very open to meeting people, and being cordial with. But, I'm also very guarded in regards to letting someone in whether it be good friends and especially any potential romantic interest with.

True. I have to disagree with you about the people who dont want their SO having a bunch of opposite sex friends being jealous or controlling.

I have always been that girl that just trusts her man, is not jealous, and super chill. Female friends inevitably cause a problem somehow. I feel that for the most part there is some ulterior motive there on the man's part.....or sometimes on the woman's part if the guy is really fine.

I lol at this because I get messages from a few females on my list telling me that <insert male user name here> is mad that im commenting on their status and that only he really cares about her. really?

apparently on MFP some men are very possessive of who they are trying to get with

Look, just stay away from @CaptainFantastic01 and we wont have a problem. He's mine.

Winks!!
  • Cutemesoon

sorry my personality sucks :/

Lol. Not to worry. You have plenty of lady fans who totally dig ur personality....and ur pics. 😉
  • Cutemesoon
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Yes I know my online personality doesn't make me very popular......kind of matches my real life personality as well :)
    I haven't the pleasure (or horror) of getting to know ur personality. Let's change that. 😃
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    I get casual crushes and intense crushes. I've made it a practice to not do the intense crush thing anymore because ultimately people get hurt feelings. No one is really going to move across the country or the world for that matter, to get truly involved. It's just not realistic.
    It's easier to give zero fvcks.

ALL 👏OF 👏 THIS👏! I think some people give too much attention to those on social media. Love connections might happen, but no one should expect them. An, "It's not that serious" approach to everything works best for me. I used to have a crush on someone here, but it quickly dissapeared after noticing their "online personality." I also, think there are alot of lonely and/or low self esteem having people out there who seek validation from strangers online.

Wise woman!
    Many people aren’t their authentic selves around here. When you talk to them outside mfp and then see what they act like here, it’s gross.

Far too true. Most people suffer from multiple personality disorders when it comes to online vs IRL
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Another question...how many crushes is too many? Do you inform your crush that there are others?
  • Sami488
    Sami488 Posts: 149 Member
    In my personal experience, men and women cannot have a CLOSE platonic relationship. I've personally lost every single one of my good guy friends because they have wanted more, where I did not, they were all single btw. I would not maintain a super close friendship with a married man where we are spending time alone together if his wife was not present... there are lines of respect I would not cross... tee hee. I still find MOST women difficult to befriend, with their jealous, catty, judgy, gossipy attitudes... I just don't get that from most guys. I have met a few wonderful ladies this past year, however they are married with children and have busy lives and do more "couple things" with other couples... As a single woman, I just don't fit into that. Im totally cool with having friends to hang out with casually.

I so can understand this. Any platonic male friendships I have had, has been with married men or men in relationships that I have known since high school or college. I believe I am able to maintain a friendship because they are not single and don't try anything BUT I never maintain a close friendship with them because, like you said- out of respect. Respect for their partner and mine as well.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »

It's like the old saying of "You can't have friends of the opposite sex". This was the belief of my ex-wife, and she forbid me from having female friends. Driving those I did have away. For some reason, people have this stupid notion in their head that if you have friends of the opposite sex, all you'd want to do is get in their pants.

This is a bunch of BS, because it's nice to have close friends of the opposite sex for different views, and bounce things off when you have questions of something related to a spouse or SO. But, some don't see this as being a good thing for various reasons. My experience has shown that if a SO has issues with someone having friends of the opposite sex, watch out. They're usually the ones who are most likely to cheat. Or, are extremely jealous, which is unhealthy for any relationship.

Edited for typos.

I wish you were right but my experience has been the opposite. I would love to have male friends but have yet to meet a man that doesnt try to take things beyond friendship. Many guys have told me that they don't believe men and women can be friends either.

We're both right, in that they both do occur. Just, our experiences have been different. I have had some female friends take advantage of me as well. I'm usually very open to meeting people, and being cordial with. But, I'm also very guarded in regards to letting someone in whether it be good friends and especially any potential romantic interest with.

True. I have to disagree with you about the people who dont want their SO having a bunch of opposite sex friends being jealous or controlling.

I have always been that girl that just trusts her man, is not jealous, and super chill. Female friends inevitably cause a problem somehow. I feel that for the most part there is some ulterior motive there on the man's part.....or sometimes on the woman's part if the guy is really fine.

I lol at this because I get messages from a few females on my list telling me that <insert male user name here> is mad that im commenting on their status and that only he really cares about her. really?

apparently on MFP some men are very possessive of who they are trying to get with

Look, just stay away from @CaptainFantastic01 and we wont have a problem. He's mine.

I think the captain will need to tell us who he wants himself!

SWORD FIGHT
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Sami488 wrote: »

I so can understand this. Any platonic male friendships I have had, has been with married men or men in relationships that I have known since high school or college. I believe I am able to maintain a friendship because they are not single and don't try anything BUT I never maintain a close friendship with them because, like you said- out of respect. Respect for their partner and mine as well.

What if you are friends with the wife as well??