Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Lana - lyft and uber is expensive but a great resource, glad you can use it. I am at work and computer is being seriously "kitten"and an half. Hope your apt goes well.

Dog was waiting for me to put her water back where it "belonged", so I put her in front of where it is now. I also had enough time to hand wash dishes clean counter and lock dishwasher - ants are in bedroom..... I wish them good luck.

Finally got database to take new password , I just kept hitting random keys......

BBL
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- how is Miss T doing, other than being invaded by ants? They are such a nuisance and so hard to get rid of, no matter how hard you try..

Lana - we must have sent you our rain... still calling for more... just looks dreary, today..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, otherwise Miss T is doing good waiting for message from Dr. but she wants to play and has her attitude going.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Feels like forever since I have had a chance to check in at the cabana!

Am weaning off anti-depressant and weight has jumped up already. Not thrilled with that at all. Am trying to get back into a routine but just when I think I can, then we have another trip or something comes up that derails my efforts. :( Will just have to try harder, I guess.

Sara - we get ants every year. i have resorted to Terro to get rid of them quickly (out of reach of pets) otherwise, i sprinkle food-grade diatomaceous earth around perimeters of rooms and sweep it into baseboard nooks and crannies. that seems to keep the critters out and is safe for children and pets if they get into it.

Tracey - so glad your daughter is okay. hope you are doing well too. i know what its like to get news like that.

Lana - we are getting rain here now..... LOTS of rain and there has been quite the cool down. i am practically freezing now that its in the upper 70's! guess i got to used to that 900-100 degree weather!

Dawn - good luck on the fundraiser. i had to do a lot of requesting door prizes or sponsorship from all kinds of businesses for the Jeep convention. (hate doing that kind of thing) finally, i got to the point i realized worst they could do was say no, so i started asking EVERYONE - when i went to any restaurants i'd ask for the manager to see if they would donate gift cert, when i went to grocery i asked manager if they could donate swag or gift cert, any stores i went in i asked if there was any clearance items or gift cert they would be willing to donate, i even asked the etsy vendors i purchased stuff from. it was amazing to hear the responses. some just politely said no, but the majority would hand me stuff - from windshield wiper blades to custom Jeep jewelry and everything in between!

My cat was sick this last week and we had to take her to vet. Vet did blood work and gave her anti-emetic and fluids. Think it was a reaction to something she ate - most likely a moth or other bug that she constantly stalks & "hunts." She seems to have bounced back quickly once she was no longer dehydrated. Vet very impressed with how well she did with all the tests, bloodwork, shots, and iv.

I go in for MRI & CT scan next week. I suffered what my neurologist called a "thunderclap" headache and she wants to check everything. Kinda makes me nervous. The following week going in for "molecular imaging" because breast tissue is too dense to read on mammogram (like i tell them in advance EVERY time and yet they seem shocked when they read it, like they had no idea. grrrr....) Anyone here had the molecular imaging done? Its something new at our hospital and used in conjunction with annual mammograms.

I have to try to figure out when I can get more exercise into my week. I am working 10 hour days so staying after work gets me home way too late. Trying to work out at home is more like a WWE match with both the dog and the cat trying to "help" or join in. Walking is not safe along our country roads (people don't drive with any sense and speed over blind hills) Ideally, I would like a fold-able treadmill but have not seen anything within a reasonable price range, even on Craigslist.

165 - CW
    216 - HW
    145 - GW
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathryn - wowie - good to hear from you again - more exercise, try taking the longer way somewhere, park farther away these things add up. Do you have any exercise dvds? We will always get the basic Mammogram first - authorizations are needed for the more advanced ones, so we go through dog hoops. I have had an ultrasound type of mammogram. Hope your appointments are productive for your headaches.

Got the Director in my department to help me send crocheted hearts to people who work for our company (clinics) who are in the Carr Fire area. I will make 3 more tonight and will give her 12 to mail tomorrow. I dont know anyone up there and she does so it worked out well.

Waiting for dishwasher to finish. All quiet on the ant front for today. Kathyrn thank you for the pet safe pest control. Still waiting on Vet call, but it is not urgent.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Kathryn - so good to see you! Glad kitty is ok. Amazing how they bounce back..I'm always amazed, after they have surgery and act like nothing ever happened, within couple hours... wish I could do that...I was thinking of going to businesses, just wasn't sure if it's allowed... yes, the money goes to an actual organization, but it's kind of a private fundraiser...I guess..I may ask, anyway... like you said, worse that can happen is they say "No" Thunderclap headache does not sound good... hope you can get that and mammogram figured out.... hugs to you
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    I decided so that I am not in an open ended situation with the hearts, I will tell them I am sending 12 and will send another 12 so they can distribute based on 24. I have too many other projects to work on.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2018
    Options
    bn8hsn8352eq.png

If I could get knitting to lessen my eating, it would be perfect!!

2wetp9y66fa0.png

okay now I am happy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Up early but then I also went to bed early as well. Got a package in mail and if I was tempted to get the UPS guy some water, but Miss T was not having part of it. I ordered a "mystery package" and will find ways to use them.

Dawn - you might also raffle off "mystery" packages to see if it generates interest. Like things together or smaller items that wouldnt generate interest by themselves....

I am walking after dog walk at night as the temps are better. Go and get mail and then wander around - is helping with the ankles and feet a little and the sleeping as well. Meeting neighbors I didnt know I have....so far good neighbors.

Wave to all who follow. Wishing all a good day.
  • lun4wub
    lun4wub Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm also a repeat starter and I am having a hard time getting my motivation together. I'm trying to take baby steps. So far by starting to count calories and reduce them, I'm trying to figure out what type of workout will work for me that I can stick to, and I'm trying to find something to get me moving in the morning. It's hard to pick exercise over sleeping in.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Seems 40 is the magic # for the crocheted hearts but I got someone who offered to help make them, so that may help.

Vultures on post waiting, back in hole.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    lun4wub wrote: »
    Hello all. I'm also a repeat starter and I am having a hard time getting my motivation together. I'm trying to take baby steps. So far by starting to count calories and reduce them, I'm trying to figure out what type of workout will work for me that I can stick to, and I'm trying to find something to get me moving in the morning. It's hard to pick exercise over sleeping in.

I cannot do morning workouts, I am not a morning person and can't imagine getting up early to work out. It's bad enough I have to get up to go to work. I do all of my exercising in the evenings usually between 8-9. This seems to be my optimum time. I know a lot of people on the message boards disagree with evening workouts and insist it must be done in the morning. I feel as long as I get it done it's better than just sitting watching tv.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    lun4wub wrote: »

I cannot do morning workouts, I am not a morning person and can't imagine getting up early to work out. It's bad enough I have to get up to go to work. I do all of my exercising in the evenings usually between 8-9. This seems to be my optimum time. I know a lot of people on the message boards disagree with evening workouts and insist it must be done in the morning. I feel as long as I get it done it's better than just sitting watching tv.

Welcome, lun4web! You’re among understanding friends here.

Tracey, I’m an evening exerciser as well. I can’t handle early morning exercise and besides, my gym doesn’t open early enough for me to get there before my bus! And I still managed to lose weight and get more toned with evening workouts!

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options

*tossing hat and bag and sunglasses onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Today was a perfect day for a walk...74°...as I was driving to the park on my lunch, it started raining... so, I thought I'd wait it out... no such luck... not only did it start pouring, it hailed too! So, I went to store to get lunch stuff.. stopped raining, completely...ugh... didn't have time to walk, then... it started pouring again, about 20 minutes later... so, guess it was a good thing... cool weather is on its way out... talking 101°by next week... it is August, too soon to stay cool for long... but, sure has been nice to have house open for a few days...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Evening walk was almost 20 minutes and while I was not sweating much during the walk I am now which is good for my legs/ankles/feet. Shoes off soon and then ice pack on ankles.

Lady at work offered to help make hearts with me so with any luck that will help. The Director is her boss and since she offered, it wouldnt look good if she flaked.

Dawn -you couldnt win today for walking, tomorrow is another story.

Won a hostess gift but I had to redeem it today, so I got things but owe the lady shipping which she will get Thursday as I have tomorrow off. (see tomorrow's post)

Dvd in mail is Granchester murder mysteries with 2 good looking men.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Up with dog.

Hair and nail apt (2 different places and hours apart). Hope to get car smogged today as well. Taking baby blanket knitting to pass the time.

Glad I only have 1 more week to see Dr to discuss my ankles and feet.

Scale is lower today but it is not weigh in day, so we shall see.

Wave to all who follow. BBL
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Happy WEDNESDAY, all!

Sounds like a busy, but good day, @Tilliesmommy1 !

It's been a busy week, as usual, and I've been feeling a tad under the weather, so I haven't been posting as much! Still lurking though.

Can't believe it's August! I want to make some good progress towards weight loss and health this month. Aiming to go alcohol-free, and to start refining my eating habits - I've been having way too many carbs this past week and feel like crap! I also need to start incorporating more exercise into my routine... but the bigger thing for me is getting enough SLEEP.

Got to work early today because the puppy has a habit of waking up 30-60 minutes before my alarm goes off. Sheesh. At least I can leave a bit earlier. Rain has been relentless.

I'll be lurking today! Have a great hump day, everyone!

• SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm back again. This profile picture of mine is from my success previously but it is not a good representation of what I look like now. I'm even heavier than by before picture currently. My weight creeped back up for a year and then I got pregnant. My son is now almost 11 months old and I'm still over here gaining weight.

But today I am turning the page and revamping my diet. I want to get back to that "after" picture. I felt great, I was strong and confident. I have almost exactly 100 pounds to lose. Now I have an even bigger motivator, my son. I want to be a role model to him and how him a healthy relationship with food, and that exercise is important. This is page 1 of Chapter 2.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Took my evening walk this morning while I had time and it was nice and cool out. Seems my smog check may not take as long as it has in the past (I tend to go on weekends....). Heart count at 17....

Eryn, good job on trying new things - small steps - thank you for being flexible with puppy (name?) and seeing the benefits of going to work earlier. Some people have no patience with pets.

We could use rain like crazy right now - send some our way! Smoke in air is bad but nothing like north of us.

SJKirk - welcome back !! What is the first thing on your "to do" list - can you do exercise that involves your son?

First apt on horizon. Stay cool and will be in lounge chair next to Lana as soon as I can. bbl.