WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Re- my heart goes out to you! I can only imagine how difficult this time is, holding you in a virtual warm hug.

Janetr – beautiful ornament

Barbie, Lisa and Margaret --- Thanks for keeping us going! Sending good thoughts for your back Barbie.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    👍👍
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Barbie, sending you HUGS. I wonder why your leg buckled going down that step?. Perhaps a sudden lack of nerve impulse getting through, blocked by inflammation? Are you taking some turmeric or other anti-inflammatries? Getting your hubby to rub Tiger's Balm on any sore back areas? You were lucky you didn't hurt yourself. Try to stay safe for the next five days until someone figures out what's going on.

Well, today I am trying to figure out what to do about two different courts wanting my body on the same day. The cop in charge of the case has never answered the email I sent him so I rang the courthouse and they said to send an email stating why I could not make it to the court case. I did that, and then the court person emailed back and said they would write a letter to get me out of jury duty so I could witness in court...I said okay but that I wanted vehicle expenses to cover the 176 mile round trip I would have to make (in a borrowed vehicle as my van still overheats after 30 minutes!) And then they said that would be up to the cop in charge of the case and I said he hadn't answered my emails... so the saga continues...

Gotta go, my student is here. <3 Wendy
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I had s good day today!

I went to the Water Aerobics today and had lots of fun even though my shoulders were burning!! I kept up with the group pretty good and the music was cool too!

I hope y’all that haven’t felt well are getting better and Barbie before anyone touched me I had a MRI. Within a month I was getting a fusion on my back.
    Then I did 6 weeks of physical therapy.

Have a great Thursday!
    Dana in Arkansas
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Barbie - I hope you feel better really soon!

Lisa- thanks for getting us started!

Margaret - thanks for your effort as well!

Wendy - I decided to hold off on my five-day fast. Too much going on here with special events and not so special events! I'm going to wait till we go back to Arizona. There I have a lot of control over daily activities. Thanks for the information on supplements.

Update on my daughter, she will be having surgery in the near future. It will be done by a robot. Not sure how that works! She will have five incisions in her abdomen. That's as much as I know! Update on my daughter-in-law, she will also be having surgery. They wanted to do a complete hysterectomy but she just had major surgery where they fastened everything in place on her insides. So they are going to do something on the inside instead of removal. Then while that will be going on my husband will be up north farming with his brother for five weeks. I will be helping at the farm as well as helping my girls when needed. I am very glad that we are retired so that we can be of help to other family members during their time of need.

July goals I don't even remember what they were! All I know is that my clothes still fit! I also swing my kettle bell 6 to 7 days a week. I can see my muscles are looking very nice. And I have very little fat on my body. The squats that I do with my kettle bell are giving me a very nice butt lift. The swings that I do with my kettle bell have toned my body from head to toe. The kettle bell along with eating a keto diet which is a fat burning diet has eliminated all the fat from my stomach. Yes ladies it is possible at our age to not have stomach rolls! Or a muffin top!

August goals
    1. Eat a keto diet when not at a special event.
    2. Kettle bell workout 6 to 7 days a week.
    3. Enjoy time with family and friends.

Word for the month-gratitude

Have a great day everyone!

<3

Mary from Minnesota \ Arizona

Do you do a specific kettlebell workout? If so, is it on YouTube or DVD?

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    I wanted to check in just to give an update on my July progress. I lost 4.4 pounds when I compare July 1 to August 1. My progress on MFP does not show this accurately because I only log losses and I’m up a bit today compared to my last loss. My measurements show 2.5”.

Tonight I felt like I achieved a goal at swimming. I swam from the deep end into the shallow end. I’m still not confident enough to try the other way or go swim laps but it’s a step in the right direction at least. Tomorrow night will be my last night for this session since I am going out of town Friday I will miss the last class. This is my second set of lessons since April.

Barbie - I sure hope you feel better soon.

Margaret - hope your girls’ surgeries go well

Dana - I was looking at the water aerobics schedule tonight. I think I’m going to try this.

A storm just blew through, I think it is calm enough now I’ll be able to sleep.

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Barbie, get better soon. Hug. Thanks for starting us into August, its helped me very much to read some of the thread for July.

Goals for August: I want to stay under 1200 calories a day and lose 8 pounds. This gives me September for 8 more, then October to slow down for the last 4. My July goals were met with my step count and calories, so I am going to continue to do the steps every day in August.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options