Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 48

Options

Replies

• denswrex
    denswrex Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @lolakinks Thank you for opening up and sharing your struggle. I have also struggled with depression and anxiety, and the stability you talk about for me comes with managing my food and remembering that EVERYTHING CHANGES. The world we live in is always changing, and as such, there is no stability! I have come to realize that I need to create the stillness for myself, because whenever I think I have found the "secret", something shifts. I found my soul mate and thought that was the solution, of course it was not. I had a baby and that worked for a while, then not. I got the house I wanted and was happy, then not. Whenever I have attached my wellbeing to something, someone or someplace, it inevitably changes. I know I am not you, and depression is a very personal thing, but I hope that in sharing my journey it may help you in some small way. I can promise you that everything changes, and even the dips will eventually pass if we can just breathe. My teenage son just shared this video with me that helped him come out of a 3 year dark place-Hope it's okay to post here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWkq7btSQvs
  • jerier
    jerier Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    4JWS wrote: »
    Round 48
    5'-2" Female
    SW 130
    GW 110
    Rd 47 SW-117 EW-115 Made it
    Round 48 Goal - 112
    Day/Weight/Comment

7/27- 114.8 Motivated to reach my goal this round. So helpful to have this board to keep me accountable and have support.
    7/28-116 let myself get too hungry and ate a bunch of salty foods :(.
    7/29- 117 ugh! Another day in the wrong direction. I am definitely going to get on it today and stick to my calorie goals.
    7/30-116
    7/31-116 the scale won’t move 😢. This is the point where I usually give up, but I can’t let that happen this time.
    8/1- 116

@4JWS Patience, give your body time to adjust. There are a lot of chemical/hormonal changes going on inside which are triggered by fat loss.
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    I noticed that whenever I see a nice loss I tend to sabotage myself by eating junk food. I don't know why, I never plan this. I always feel good when I see the scale drop but then by the end of the night it's as if my will power to say no just drops.

Does anyone else do this? Is there any advice anyone can give for these moments?