WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Lanette, when I went to the link, it took me directly into a live ceremony which I watched for ages. The time line was going weird, so I could't just move the curser to 48. I couldn't see her and then the ceremony finished. I was puzzled. So I went out of it and then tried again. This time I realized there were 3 ceremonies on that link and I was watching the wrong one. I had to watch the 11am ceremony and yes, it is a different name, but you will recognise the face! <3 Wendy
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did Gilad’s 45/45 split DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Weight Loss Yoga DVD

M – very very big congrats. You looked fantastic! Fortunately, I saw you shortly before I lost the connection. I just watched your graduation again, and you looked wonderful. What an accomplishment!

KJ – congrats to your son

Newcomers puts out an “Items of Interest” newsletter. Evidently, the gal that I play mahjongg with on Monday night is looking for a large crate. I knew she was going to get a dog in Oct. We have one that Jess had when she trained the service dog, so it’s a large one. I’m still not sure if she just wants to borrow it for a few months or if she’s looking to buy one. If she’s looking to buy one, Jess needs to talk to her about price.

On another note, I don’t know if I told you, these ladies are putting together this “Summer Soiree” social. To me, their proposed budget was WAAAYYYY out of line, but the president approved it. Now she doesn’t have the money for a holiday party and hence the “problem” with having a sponsor underwrite it. Anyway, neither Vince or I are interested in this “Summer Soiree”. It’s being held at this country club, supposed to be a dressy affair, with a DJ. Personally, I don’t care to get all dressed up. Well, if it were up to me, if someone asked why we weren’t going, I’d just be honest and say “I’m not interested”. Vince feels (why I really don’t know) that a reason should be made. Now Jess is coming home this weekend but he’s saying that she’s coming home next weekend (when this Summer Soiree is) and that’s why we can’t go. I just realized that if this woman asks Jess when she came home, Jess most likely will be honest. Really, if Vince doesn’t want to go to a lunch (and this just happened) but I want to go, I go and just say that the reason he isn’t there is that he didn’t want to go. So what’s the big deal? The ladies (all 7 of them! When we had the magician social, it was just Vince and I who made all the arrangements) are having the checks for it made out to Newcomers but not being sent to the Newcomer box (like it’s usually done) but having the checks sent to one of the ladies. Vince asked her “how are you going to endorse them, how are you going to deposit them”. The answer? “Well, no one told the committee that the checks should be mailed to the box”. One of the ladies on this committee used to be the treasurer! You mean to tell me that she didn’t realize that they didn’t have any way of endorsing or depositing these checks? Vince just told the woman who is having the checks mailed to her that if she gets any cash, he needs to know the names of the people that the cash is from (for his records)

Rye – post as many pics of Kidd Kirby as you’d like. I love looking at all the pics, the animals, kids, skyline’s…the list goes on and on.

Okie – get better fast

Terme – welcome

Michele in NC
    Who is off to church, then dinner, then leave to pick up Jess
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,688 Member
    Options
    Machka ~ whooo hooo was clapping away when you came across the stage
    took a nap, and filling out paperwork.... watching t.v.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Lanette, when I went to the link, it took me directly into a live ceremony which I watched for ages. The time line was going weird, so I could't just move the curser to 48. I couldn't see her and then the ceremony finished. I was puzzled. So I went out of it and then tried again. This time I realized there were 3 ceremonies on that link and I was watching the wrong one. I had to watch the 11am ceremony and yes, it is a different name, but you will recognise the face! <3 Wendy

Wendy - and Machka
    - found it!! Thank you for the tip B) I have an old browser so took a little digging to find the REAL 11:00 one, lol. Machka - you looked wonderful. Are you sure you aren't 25?? Congrats again! <3

Lanette
    Cool and lovely SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,528 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

spin class- 60min, 75aw, 99ar, 162mhr, 130ahr, 14.5mi= 524c
    Apple Watch- 571
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Yesterday was frustrating, hours on the phone with only one good result (Joe's phone number change.) It turns out he can't access his voicemail from our house because the agreement between Consumer Cellular's carrier TMobile and the "3rd party" tower provider offers incoming and outgoing phone calls but not voicemail. Really? Have to test this theory by going down a half mile to the end of our lane trying from there. Next week I'll be driving with expired Oregon trip permit. June 21st mailed forms and check to lien holder, who acknowledged receipt June 28 but (possibly due delay from Id DMV) didn't send forms forms and checks to ODOT via "2nd day UPS" until July 13. UPS delivered 9:28 am July 17. Oregon DOT will not be able to confirm receipt until likely Friday Aug 17 as their data entry is that far backlogged. Soon as they confirm they'll "send" a 45 or 90 day trip permit to my local DMV to cover me til plates and tags arrive. Just hope their computer can't email OHP to pick me up on expired trip permit Monday. I REALLY don't want to drive either of Joe's vans.

Lisa 3 lbs Yay!
    KJ you're right, tomato soup IS best with grilled cheese. You, Heather, Margaret and all are also right. "Healthy" on a label is totally meaningless, just marketing. "Organic" has to meet certain requirements to be so certified, but as Margaret pointed out organic sweets and snacks are still sweets and snacks. "Natural" like "Healthy" is in the "New and Improved super whiz bang" realm of marketing b.s.
    Penny breathtaking rainbow
    Michele your putting tomato out of its misery followed by "...the way the pickle squirts" cracked me up!
    Katla how long will you hou have son and grandson visiting?
    Lanette "funny I don't have that same reaction when looking at photos of relatives..." LOL indeed ;) In our house before this, there was a half bath off the laundrry next to the door to the garage and near the door to the side yard. One of my friends named it the "dump and dash". It got LOTS of use ;) even without Beth's night light show.
    JanetR she's a beauty! That apple didn't fall far...
    Karen in VA processed foods, right on point. Some go so far as to consider any kind of cooking to be processing, so eat only raw foods. Not ME! While I prefer fresh veggies to frozen or canned, I'll happily use frozen instead of none. DH eats LOTS of canned foods, which worries me about the salt, but at least now he's eating more beans, veggies and fruits. Thankful for that!
    Rebecca Only you would think to ask the deer to gently deadhead your roses... and they would!
    NYKaren safe travels!
    Allie (((big hug)))
    Wendy Lady "loaded on the float without any hesitation..." What a far way you've brought her, what a lucky Lady!
    Machka con VERY gratulations! W0W.
    Welcome HappyJo in SC, (((hugs)))
    Welcome renewnancy, sfsoccermom.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 8/10, meditate 7/10, walk one more step 4/10, knee exercises 7/10, core 4/8, walk Tumble 4/8 times, SWSY 0/4, hang up or purge art 0/1, AF 9/10

Oh, is that what she was doing?!!! I have never had rose bushes before. I need to take a pic of a magnificent weed/plant! Its presently about 7 ft tall!
    Rebecca
    Out of her elements in
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :)Machka, I persisted and finally saw you walk across the stage. You look great.

:)Katla, what great news that your grandchild will be coming for a visit.

:) We had huge rain and thunder this afternoon. Bessie was so scared that she came out of the bedroom and lay next to the recliner where I was.

<3 Barbie
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Terry, you look gorgeous and I'm lovin the smile. Thanks!!!

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    I'm watching Machka's graduation ceremony online now. Fun! Love the accents.
    exermom wrote: »
    Rori - I was watching it, too. Then it timed out and I lost the connection. I'm going to try again. I can't get over some of the names!

Michele in NC

I don't even notice the accent anymore. Evidently my accent comes across as Irish most of the time.

And most of my classmates are Asian. Some of them will use an English name too but that is becoming less common.

Machka is between 48:00 and 49:00. <3

Yep ... that's me! :)

M in Oz

Machka
    - congrats! Job well done! I think I need my hearing checked again.... I've watched between 48:00 and 49:00 several times... do you go by a different name? Saw some long haired shorter gals that could have been you. Is there someone right before you that would give me a clue?

Yes ... it is a different name. :)

There are two with long pink sashes (Environmental Studies), then two guys with the long white sashes, then me. :)

M in Oz

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    nhginhy3vxoj.jpg

Amazon sells them ... of course ... for around 10.00.