hwc8ej0chl2e.png

e40yp9v9gpxh.png

3d5luy9cmwz7.png

b5565uzrj7lp.png

5m65ci0ubmlu.png

Okay I misspoke, now I am going knitting

• Emdiggity
    Emdiggity Posts: 3 Member
    This page definitely caught my eye! I have been debating whether or not to continue WW.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    emdiggity, welcome! WW is a good program, we just could not meet there online anymore because they stopped the message boards to an "instagram" format. At the moment I cannot find a meeting near me and the $$ is too high. I did very well on it, so I dont discourage it. if it is an option for someone.

Stop by and post when you can.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Wondering how everyone's goals this week are going? I am walking every day after work- had to dodge someone last night so my walk was shorter.

Brighter lights outside of building make it easier to see at night, but dont see the stars as well. Light pollution they call it, saw one star so I know the pea soup is done for now. Air still unhealthy for sensitive groups but nothing like last week.

Dog parade last night was for Lana- so many to chose from.....

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can from work.
  • Klmom123
    Klmom123 Posts: 91 Member
    I’m a serial starter , look back on my progress records and think ....why did I let the weight come back on??
    But here I am. This week has been good . I’ve been very disciplined . Lost 1 lbs. Hoping it continues!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Lynn - Maggie is awfully cute!!!

Saltine, thank you for the advice about the pup choosing the human.

Sara - Thank you very much for those 3 inspirationals-- they have been put into the Photos collection. The puppies you posted are all so cute. The Shih Tzu looks a little grumpy LOL!!

Tess - Ooooo what are your plans for your vacation?

Waves to Emdiggity and KLmom and Dawn and Eryn and Tracy and Tracey and Missy.....

I had a crappy day yesterday, but today is looking up. Sun is out; I get to see my therapist, which is a good good thing, then some walking and pool exercise I hope. Clean food is the intention today, avoiding the prepared and salty stuff.

The Cabana Boys have music and dancing planned for our Mid-Week Happy Hour today. Wiggle it.....

Lana

237.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - without looking back, I don't remember what my weekly goal is!!! Yikes. Today the new goal is to keep moving forward, be mindful of the tiny joys every day, and be brave to Let Go!
    Oh, and plan my food?

Lana
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member

My plan for this evening is to clean my shared craft room and create a space to do some exercises. I am in a lot of pain and I think it is lack of core strength training. I want to incorporate some yoga or pilates and some weight training.

Have an online meeting with the new company I will hopefully be joining this afternoon.

The sun just made an appearance for the first time since Friday. I already feel my mood improving!

Tracey

Tracey - First of all, good luck with the possibility of a new position!
    As for those core exercises - they may help a lot. Clear out that space and have a place to stretch out in the morning and in the evening. Think of it as relaxation time, if you need to.

Lana

I didn't have much opportunity to post yesterday, but I did a pilates you tube video and my back felt so much better yesterday. I need to make this a daily habit I think.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    Hello to Lambert~~

Tracey - your new workout area looks great. Good for you for having the energy to get it together!

Sara - I looked at the cute Skinny Taste bento box. What food is in the middle of it? I read the ingredients twice, but my brain is missing it. Puzzling. Aren't the heart-shaped cucumbers cute!?

I need something to cheer me up today. DH and I had an argument via text late last night. (I hate the modern age.) So relations between us are getting worse; the Other Woman is staying for the long term. I am indeed getting worn down and facing the ugly reality of it all; we will not be getting back together as I had hoped. What a darned shame. Now I have to face facts and try to deal with it. Where will I find the energy for this?
    All I can manage right now is to focus on healthy eating and getting my exercise and keep that number on the scale going in the desired direction.

You all know I want a dog. Even my therapist, who is not a dog person, says so. I would really love to have a golden retriever puppy for the fun of it all, but I also realize that it just might be better to adopt a fluffy furry adult creature of any breed--one that's kind of slow, like me.... :smile:

*tossing hat and bag onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

237.6 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal

Lana, I didn't know your story until I read this, I am so sorry for you. I have a best friend whose marriage broke down due to infidelity on his part it is such a devastating blow. I hope you have good friends to help you through.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Lana - LOL - pool? - we would love to sit by our pool! Hot and humid here. Dog - I think there are a ton of dogs in shelters and also different rescue agencies if you are looking for a certain breed. Part of me wishes we did that - but my son is training Maggie to hunt waterfowl. So we got a puppy. You will find the perfect dog and although sometimes the are way more frustrating than children - the unconditional love is really something special (:

Thanks to all the welcomes. I look forward to my journey again. Easier now as I am a gardener and lots of produce is coming out of my garden.

Wednesdays goals is to stick to my calorie limit on MFP.

If people use their news feed and want to add me as friend I am willing (:
    Happy hump day!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2018
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/loaded-baked-omelet-muffins/

sounds like a good recipe for the busy people - freezes too!

Making phone calls to insurance companies and the "on hold" part is so boring I go wandering for recipes.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2018
    Hearts - 48 total - are on their way. I told the Director of those clinics that they are machine washable - Director said they are seeing blue skies again and only 2 of our coworkers lost their homes, it could have been much worse. Now to work on baby blanket/baby hats.

Dog walk/my walk and then zzzz as soon as I can.

Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Lana - I am not great with words or advice... so, sending a huge hug your way... at the shelter, we always made people realize how much work a puppy is. Yes, they are fun and cute... but, it's just like having a baby..pretty much have to baby proof your house...lol...personally, I would never do a puppy, again... but, that's cuz I don't have the patience I used to...as far as specific breed, I believe "mutts" are best... yes, I have 2 full blooded Boston Terriers and now, a Rat Terrier... but, they are Rescues and Rescues are wonderful... they're very appreciative... Golden Retrievers are great! We have several that come into clinic. A family of show dogs, even! I would say, a huge thing to think about is traveling... you want to make sure any fur baby travels well and doesn't make too much extra work for you..ok, I think I'm out of thoughts... make sure, you do as much research as you can...I think dogs are the best therapy!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Lana, hugs to you! And wise dog advice from Dawn, as always.

Sara, wow - once again you impress with your generosity and skill. How wonderful of you to show you care to people who are going through so much right now.

Glad to have Wednesday behind us - craziness at work. Need people to look at each other with humanity rather than judgment. We’re all working for the same goal here, folks....

Lana, we’re headed to one of the lakes in the Adirondacks for a week. Cool breezes and beautiful scenery is what I’m looking for!

Waves to all - welcome to new friends. Sleep well.

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Just spent last 90 minutes dealing with tech guys on computer, it is fixed and I got rows of knitting in, but gee whiz what a super kitten thing to have to deal with - breathe in and out deeply.

Dog is talking to me and dont know why.....Tess your vacation sounds wonderful - details afterwards.....

Lana - read Dawns well written paragraph (okay a little long) but you know she sees it daily people with the wrong dog etc.

Dog is still talking, maybe another outing???

Wishing all a good night.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    this is my third time here, i always seem to come wallowing back, im not at my heaviest mind but i still have nearly 3 stone to lose before im comfortable
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Leah - welcome! At least you are thinking in the right direction- what would it mean if you didnt come back to the 'start line' again? Stop by and post when you get a chance.

Dawn, thank you for taking the time to show the benefits/pitfalls of puppyhood. Lana- if you have puppy-itis go to the local shelter and play with them??

I like knitting baby items because they are so cute and they are small projects and dont require as much commitment of time/energy - and I get my "baby" fix.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Ladies--thank you for all the kind words and all of the doggie advice. I move at the rate of a turtle, so nothing will actually happen for a while. Also, I don't think I am settled enough at the moment for a dog. Too much going back and forth to NYC, but that is easing a bit.

Tess - Oh, your vacation is making me a little homesick. I grew up in Schenectady, NY, and my parents had a camp on Sacandaga Lake. They sold it when I was 12. I never got over that. In fact, part of the reason why I liked the current "money pit" here in Chapel Hill is because it looks so much like that camp in the Adirondacks.
    I hope you have hot, sunny days and cool breezy nights there.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Lana - not rushing is the best thing to do. You don't want to get one when you are not completely ready... or, get one that is wrong for you..you will find the perfect one for you, when you are ready.
    I agree with Sara... go to a shelter and play to your hearts content. Some places, those pups never get out or human contact. And, most shelters welcome people to love on their fur babies :)
  • arniedog74
    2v1pj95ceaew.jpg

I do not like to share pics of myself... but, I am so in love with these new leggings I just bought! They are so soft and comfy and, they have Boston's on them! I couldn't resist them!