Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,416 Member
    Morning Ladies,

After work I got in Burn Sets Biceps, and this morning was Jessica Smith Flat Abs Walk. Jessica is really good at getting in other body parts along with the abs. ;)

Laurel, Great workouts. On that 80's style workout, does everyone wear the leotards? ;) We all need those days of lower impact. Chris Freytag talks about how she only does about two days high impact and the rest is low or no impact. I can't have my step as high as Cathe does for the plyo workouts, and I step up step down, because I have missed the step before and never want to do that again. I guess for me it is the fear of injury that has me taking it down, because it seems that recovery from this last injury took a lot longer. I don't want to have to go through all that again. I was looking at some of the Jessica workouts that I have, and now want to incorporate them into my rotation. She really is good at getting the body sore in a low impact way.

Thelma, Sorry to hear that you and your DH had such a rough day at work. A rest day is a good thing when you know that your mind just can't handle it. I had a good time with Jessica this morning, and will probably add in some more of her workouts.

Thanks,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,773 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Bulk Arms. After two weeks with Sagi, I am already feeling much stronger. Love these workouts. For cardio, I did a Cathe Live step choreography one from a few years ago called Step Sweat and poor Cathe got SO confused in it she finally gave up and just started doing plyo moves. Had me laughing to be honest. But I added on F/S Shred Cardio at the end for a little extra something.

Thelma, sorry to hear and the long, stressful day. Glad you took a break from your workout, though. With your long weeks, no doubt your body and mind could use the break. You and Laurie have both made me feel better about my concerns of jumping up and down on the step. I am still good at 6” and sometimes 8” but those 10” and 12” jumps just concern me way too much anymore.

Laurie, great workout. Like I said to Thelma, you made me feel better about my step issue. I, too, have missed the step at times, and I don’t want to do that again either. Glad I am not alone!! I still do high impact about four days a week right now, but I am toying with adding a second spin day each week to eliminate one of those impact days (while allowing the same intensity). I really like having that option right now. I even remembered to thank my DH last night again for figuring out a way to get me that cycle for Christmas last year. :)

Tami, thinking of you.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,511 Member
    Hi Ladies, Bulk chest tonight for me. Another long day at work but thankfully I have tomorrow off. DH and I are going out on a lunch date, then to the bank for a mortgage preapproval. That's exciting! I had a much better day at work which is good. I even got a bunch of xerox boxes for packing.

Laurie, great workouts! I love it how Jessica gets your abs while doing her cardio workouts. The standing leg work is also good.

Laurel, sounds like a great workout combo. You had me cracking up with Cathe getting confused with her own step workout! Made me feel better about getting lost! LOL
    Don't feel bad about going with a lower step because you will still get a good workout. Better safe than sorry!!
    I also step up/down. There is no way can do those jumps because I'm too scared I'll miss.

Tami, thinking of you.

Good night ladies and I hope you have a nice weekend!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

After work was Burn Sets Biceps, and this morning was Kelly's RAW Run with Me. I did this one on the elliptical, since I don't have a treadmill. I just upped the resistance and incline when Kelly did. This one was a tabata style workout, so 20/10 with different speeds and inclines. Overall a very good workout that I will do again. We are going to a party tomorrow. The friends we stayed with in New Mexico are visiting, so we will be at a picnic with all our friends again.

Laurel, Great workouts! I think those live workouts make Cathe/Kelly/Jessica so much more human, and that's what I have been enjoying about doing the live workouts. Kelly has a few with technical difficulties, but I don't care, because in the long run they are enjoyable. I'm glad that Thelma and I could help you with giving you peace of mind about taking it down a notch. It makes all those workouts that I dread, more doable. At some point I will have to try CCC at lower impact, I'm guessing that I will probably enjoy it. ;)

Thelma, How wonderful that you and your DH will be on a lunch date during the work week! Nice job with the workout, I'm glad that you where able to get it in. Very exciting that you are going in for mortgage approval, each little step gets you closer and closer. So many workouts to try out, that I will have to start making a list so that I don't repeat any. :D

Tami, I hope all is going well with you.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I have been reviewing Cathe Live workouts again on 2Lazy’s site, and whenever I do that, I seem to try some I never have done before. So it was another new-to-me Cathe Live lower body workout today, which was Legs with Weights and Barre. This was 35 minutes of moderate weight, metabolic leg work followed by 15 minutes of barre. I really enjoyed it, and it got my heart rate up quite well too. I added on the core work from Lean Legs and Abs also. So because my HR had already been up, I opted for a pretty moderate cardio workout today, which was Cathe Live Kick Punch Cardio. Good stuff. But I must say my body is ready for yoga tomorrow after this week’s workouts!

Thelma, great workout! I hope you are enjoying your day off and lunch date with DH. I am so excited that my DH doesn’t have to work tomorrow. This will be our first complete weekend together in a month. :o I don’t like that, especially in the summer time when we can actually get out and do things. Hope all goes well with the mortgage preapproval!

Laurie, more great workouts! I hope you have a good time at the party. Seems like forever since I have been to anything like a party to be honest. Kinda sad actually. Anyhow, I do love the human factor in the live workouts. Makes me realize that everybody has their on and off days, that’s for sure. But since you asked the other day and I forgot to answer, no leg warmers and leotards in Cathe’s 80s Style workouts. Thankfully. :D Regarding CCC, I think the cardio probably could be easily modified to lower impact. But some of those core moves.....I would just toss right out the window. :#

Tami, <3 .

See you Monday.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a nice one thankfully. DH and I had our lunch date on Friday and went to the bank for the mortgage pre-approval. We filled out the form but didn't go through with the process because the pre-approval is only good for a month. So the process will be done on Monday morning that way it will be exactly a month when we are in GA looking at houses.

We continued our purging process. On Saturday we finally attacked the attic and we made a huge dent. What a relief! We still need another couple of hours in the attic but at least now it's as overwhelming as it was prior to Saturday! LOL
    Today I attacked one of my closets again and came up with two more giant bags of clothes. I really buy way too many clothes. I am going to be good going forward. I will donate the clothes to a women's shelter and that feels good.

I started to look into RV rentals for our move to GA with the cats. Found a few places that do 'one-way rentals'. This means picking up in one state and dropping off in another; which is exactly what we need. I have been watching a show called Going RV. I am loving the idea of getting an RV someday for our vacations. That way we'll be able to take our cats and hopefully a dog.

On Friday I did BB shoulders, walking on the treadmill, stretching. On Saturday I did Jessica Smith cardio. Today XT Legs w/u, BB Bulk Legs, Jessica Smith Jump Start Cardio, Stretching. I had to take it easy because I was feeling tired but I did finish the workout and was able to add a little JS cardio.

Tami's last exercise post on MFP was 7 days ago. She must be in CA with her mom.

Laurie, great job with your workouts! I hope you guys had fun at the party! Way too many good workouts to keep track of without a list! Good idea!

Laurel, great workouts! That leg with weights and Barre workout sounds wonderful! I hope you and your DH had a chance to play golf!

Tami, thinking of you. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Saturday was pilates for me with GHUTV Pilates Yoga Fusion, so some good core work with yoga. On Sunday I only did Burn Sets Back, because I was outside pulling weeds. This morning I did GHUTV Arms & Abs. We had a great time visiting with our friends on Saturday, and stayed out way to late. ;)

Laurel, Great job on all the workouts! Nice that your DH is home for the weekend, I hope that you both enjoyed having that time together. I had to LOL about your comment with the CCC core moves, ya I remember those all to well. I do know a move to sub for that roll up move though! I can never do that one so why try. The workout I did this morning had a sub for that one, so now I just have to check out some of the other moves, and I probably will dust that one off.

Thelma, Great job getting the attic almost purged, that has to be a huge relief. Nice that you will be donating the clothes to a women's shelter. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated. Awesome job with the workouts, you are really finding some good ones. One of the guys I work with got an RV that is really cool, it isn't huge and he and his gf love it. They have been traveling all around WI this summer with it. I will ponder what is the best way for me to get all my workouts in. Maybe a calendar that I can just move the workout to the space. Will think about that for a bit.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. The temps were a little warmer (high 60s Saturday, low 70s yesterday) and no rain, so that was nice. Unfortunately we still haven’t gotten any sunshine either, though. And absolutely none is expected anytime in the near future. No person should get the winter blues in August.....but I feel it coming on! This year I may need to invest in one of those mood lights, especially since my DH is very possibly going to be gone for several weeks this winter. Anyhow, we got two rounds of golf in, which is always a mood lifter for me. :)

For workouts, Saturday was Cathe’s LIS Yoga Relax, which felt so very good on my tired body. Yesterday was Bulk Chest followed by a cardio combo of Cathe Live Quick Fix Cardio into the Blizzard Blast from ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast.....followed by walking a golf course and then mowing the lawn. :o Yep, I was tired last night. :D Today was Bulk Back followed by IMAX Live. Still one of my favorites!

Thelma, great workouts! And yay for more purging. Sounds like you have really got everything in line for this move! I will be interested in knowing how you like the RV. DH and I have toyed with renting one just to see how we like it. Are you getting a dog?

Laurie, glad you enjoyed your Saturday night. Staying way too late is always a good sign of fun! Great workouts and gardening this weekend. Regarding CCC, I know I try to revisit workouts I haven’t enjoyed periodically. Sometimes my opinion changes, sometimes it doesn’t. But I hold on to a lot of my not-well-liked workouts because, over time, more often than not, I do find they have a purpose. That being said, outside of the format of CCC, it isn’t a unique workout and there is no fun factor to it, so..... B) .

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, tonight's workout was XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Arms, Jessica Smith Cardio Party, stretch. I really liked this JS workout!

Laurie, awesome workouts! I'm so glad you had a lot of fun at the party on Saturday!
    All those clothes and coats will really be appreciated by the women at the shelter.
    The Jessica Smith workouts I've been doing are from her #Fitin15 series. I am glad your co-worker enjoys his RV. I would've never thought about an RV but I've been watching a show called "Going RV" and it's amazing how many people have or are getting RVs. It looks like a lot of fun and I can tow up to 6500 lbs with my Grand Cherokee!

Laurel, fabulous workouts! Glad you and your husband were able to play golf. I'm sorry your husband has to travel for several weeks this winter for work. I think getting a mood light is a great idea!
    I started watching a show called Going RV and now I dream of us owning an RV some day. Hopefully, we'll be able to rent one for the move with the cats. We hope to get a dog once one of us retires. Check the RV show out when you have a moment. Each episode is 1/2 hour.

https://www.greatamericancountry.com/shows/going-rv/episodes

Tami, so glad you were able to attend your Bootcamp class! I hope it was a lot of fun! Thinking of you!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did Burn Sets Chest. This morning I wanted to try out a Jessica workout, and since I have not tried any of the ones in her Walk Strong 3 set I decided on the Lower Body. Wow what a great workout, and it can grow with you by increasing the weights. My butt is sore right now, so it will be interesting to see what it is like tomorrow. Doing that one workout now makes me want to try out all of them. I loved the fact that she only had two risers for the step, but I used heavier weights that I do when doing a Cathe workout on the high step. Will be doing this one again for sure.

DH and his Mom are looking at two senior living facilities today, so cross your fingers that she will choose one of these to move her and dad into. DH is hoping that she chooses the one that is close to his brother, it is suppose to be a very good facility. Both places are closer to us, and on the way home from work for all of us. Nice thing is the county has a service that looks for places, and the coordinator is with DH and Mom during all the visits. The one that they visited yesterday, mom said was to small and she would be bored there. At first she was complaining that the boys where trying to take her home away from her, now that she saw the first facility she appears to be more open to moving. She and Dad will be in the same facility, but not in the same room, which will be good for mom. I told DH that if his mom has an urge to clean, she can come to my house anytime. :D

Laurel, Dang on the weather, we are getting lots of rain right now. Glad that you where able to enjoy some golf, and of course having your DH home for the whole weekend. Now I will have to check into the mood light, it might not be bad to have around here during the winter. We have weeks during December when we don't see sunshine at all. Great job with the workouts, got to love that ICE LB one. It doesn't take much to convince me not to do CCC, and I know that it is one that I probably would skip over to try something else that I know is much more fun. :D

Thelma, Got to love a cardio party, awesome job on the workouts! I'm impressed with the JS workout that I did this morning, my abs are even sore. Guess I must have used the right weight. DH and I have contemplated doing the RV thing for about a year after we retire. We want to go to Nascar races, and of course going across the country as we do so. We would only be renting the RV, don't need to own one.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Bulk Legs followed by Cathe Live Pedal to the Metal. This was a really tough spin class on tired legs! But I loved it! :)

Thelma, great workouts! I am definitely going to check out that RV show. Like Laurie and her DH, my DH really wants to take about a year to travel across the country. I do and I don’t, to be honest. Part of me thinks we've crossed the country enough already B) , but when I think about why those trips seemed long at times, it was all the unpacking and packing up of the car (and more often than not.....cars) every night into a different hotel. And since most of those trips were moving trips, it meant securing all the valuables we were carrying with us. But I have absolutely loved seeing the countryside and would love to see it without the pressure of time. So an RV trip may be ideal down the road (no pun intended :) ).

Laurie, great workouts. Isn’t that Lower Body workout good? I was going to try another one from that series this weekend (Barefoot Cardio Core) but ran out of time. Hoping to get it in this coming weekend before yoga. I love her workouts because you really can adapt them to your own fitness level. That’s very encouraging news about your in-laws. I really hope they can find something they will enjoy. No doubt it will be tough to move, but hopefully once they make the decision, they will both realize it was a good thing for them.

Tami, thinking of you.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hi Ladies ~ Just wanted to check in and say hello. I know since you all knew my mom’s condition you probably assumed what was going on. To rewind slightly it all happened so quickly …… we were supposed to go down last Thursday but after talking to my sister on Sunday and then on Monday afternoon I knew that Thurs. may be too late. She was failing so quickly and they had started her on morphine for the pain, so DH got on the phone to change our flights. There was one seat available for Tuesday a.m. so he put me on the plane and I made it to see my mom that evening. We had a few extra days after that of just holding her hand and she passed on Friday a.m. It was a very long and emotional week. There were a couple of amazing nurses that were with us that helped tremendously. <3 It was nice that I was there with my sister for a couple days afterwards and we cried and sat in shock a lot but it was good we have each other.

I was home Sunday evening and went ahead and dove back into life yesterday with work and back to BootCamp. Quite honestly I feel a little bit like I am still in shock of everything. I decided pushing through the grief and just letting it come as it does is what I will do. Work of course was shocked I came in yesterday and told me at any time if I need "more time" to just take it. I think being busy is the best thing for me right now.

So I am here :) and I have wanted to check in with you ladies ….. Thinking when you all move to the next phase of the rotation I will join you where you are there instead of starting into the middle right now. A nice structure of workouts for me vs. floundering sounds perfect! Plus I am not planning on going anywhere for quite some time. ;)

I will talk to you all tomorrow ~ Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    would be incredibly happy but I think I'm scared.
    DH continues to train on the job for his next job which is fabulous. The potential employer and his partner were in town and met with him. They can't wait to have him on board. The owner was ready to take DH on a business trip with him tonight! DH is even thinking of starting to work for them p/t given that the work can be done remotely. I think that is a bit premature and potentially too much to handle.

Tami, I just saw your post! I am terribly sorry for your loss. So glad you were able to be by your mom's side when she passed on and that you spent time with your sister.
    You are amazing! I can't believe you went back to work so soon and have decided to just push through the grief by jumping back into your life. Very brave of you. It is good that will allow yourself to grieve when the need hits you.

Next week is the last week of the BB Bulk rotation. The next phase is still one body part but with Muscle Meltdowns:

Sunday-Muscle Meltdown Back
    Monday-Muscle Meltdown Shoulders
    Tuesday-Muscle Meltdown Biceps
    Wednesday-ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast
    Thursday-Muscle Meltdown Chest
    Friday-Muscle Meltdown Triceps

Laurie, fabulous workouts! The lower body workout sounds wonderful. I'll have to try one of Jessica's leg workouts with weights.
    Glad you were able to get a great workout using heavier weights and a lower step. Laurel, this one is for you!

How did your DH and his mother do with the senior living facilities? I hope she decided on the one near your BIL! Funny about offering your MIL to go clean your house if she has an urge to clean.
    You should watch the RV show I posted about last night. You should see how many people give up their homes to go RV'ing full time just so they can travel. It's amazing how far RV's have come. They are beautiful and a some have dishwashers, washer, dryer, residential size refrigerator. The works! I like the idea of renting one for sure.

Laurel, great leg workout!
    If your DH wants to travel in an RV for a year I would make him promise that there wouldn't be work involved! LOL
    This RV trip would be different for you hopefully. It will be full of beautiful places to see and lots of golf all over the country!
    Speaking of securing the valuables during the travel trip. How did you do that? I have thought of us renting a moving truck so we could move some things ourselves. I worry about the truck screaming valuables inside while we spend the night in a hotel!

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

After work I didn't workout. Felt that the JS workouts was good enough, besides I had a dentist appointment and got home late. We have a new dentist, ours retired. She is very very young, but appears to be very good. She took care of DH's cavity this morning, and he was pleased with her work. No cavities for me, and I was praised by the hygienist. :) She said that she has to praise people when they do such a great job with their teeth. This morning I did RAW Compound Moves, will be doing that one again with slightly heavier weights. Kelly said to use 8lb if this was the first time trying the workout.

DH and mom are looking at a facility today that is right near my work. I'm on 48th and this is on 54th, so I could walk from work to this facility. ;) Unfortunately DH's uncle (moms brother) fell yesterday and fractured his spine, he is in the hospital right now. At least with this one DH's brother is the one that has to handle all the issues. I don't know if DH could handle another elders issue right now.

Laurel, Great job with the lower body work again, it appears that spinning is the thing when doing the lower body. You have given me the idea to incorporate the elliptical with lower body work in the future. I should have hopped on it yesterday, come to think of it. You will have to let me know how you like that workout, I'm going to try out the first one Foundations some time this week. Don't know how difficult it will be, will have to read more about it from 2Lazy. I think that it is probably time for all three elders to be in a facility from this point, since last nights incident happened.

Tami, I'm so sorry for your loss, but that you were there in time to say your goodbye's to your dear mother. It's good to hear that you and your sister where able to be there for each other also. I'm sure that work is helping you keep some normalcy right now, so can understand that you are back at it. It sounds like you are letting the grief happen, just know that we will be here if you need to talk about it at any time. <3

Thelma, Looks like part of your post didn't show, but I'm guessing that you go in a workout! Congrats to your DH, it sounds like he is really excited about the new job. Thank you for reminding me of what we are onto next, very excited about the MM workouts. Both of the facilities that DH and mom looked at yesterday where good, but of course my MIL was on the phone last night because she was reading the contract. She is so afraid about the $, and someone taking all her money.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was Bulk Shoulders followed by a cardio combo of X10 Cardio Blast into Cathe Live Cardio Fusion. Good stuff.

Tami, I am so sorry. I absolutely cannot begin to imagine how internally exhausted you are right now. But I am glad you were able to make it to LA and spend time with your mom and your sister. No doubt you are in shock with how quickly this happened and probably feeling (or wanting to feel at least) almost numb. I love that you know what you need right now.....normalcy and routine. But keep listening to yourself, and as my sister described it after we lost our mom, please be gentle with yourself. Huge hugs my friend. Anyhow, as Thelma pointed out, next week will be our last week with Body Beast Bulk, and then we go on to one more month of one body part a day. I will be using the Muscle Meltdowns for at least one of those weeks, but I also know I am going to opt for Gym Styles for one week since I have a short week because of a little weekend getaway DH and I will be taking. So jump in with whatever sounds good to you.

Thelma, like Laurie said, we lost part of your post! I love that things look so positive for your DHs new job. That has to be a huge relief for you. Regarding our valuables when we traveled, we kept all our computers, my jewelry, important documents, and non-replaceable keepsakes with us in our cars. Our cars have alarms so we didn’t empty them every night. But every night, we took in my jewelry and our important documents (and smaller electronics).....plus our luggage, of course. We both have covers in our cars that block out the truck space, so the remaining stuff in the cars weren’t openly visible. When we moved all our stuff in the u-Hauls (to Florida), we chose hotels wisely, always parked the truck in lighted areas, etc. But, to be brutally honest, with things like this there is no way to be 100% secure. It is definitely one of the stresses of moving and, so far, we have been very, very lucky.

Laurie, great workout this morning. Again, I hope that your in-laws can find a place, and it sounds like that one would be so convenient. But that is bad news about your DH’s uncle! I hope he can heel from that. Anyhow, I find that spinning after my leg workout really prevents DOMS. I would have thought it would be the exact opposite until Cathe mentioned in one of her workouts that spinning was a great treatment for DOMS. Unlike her, though, I struggle spinning the day after a leg workout, but if I do it the day of the leg workout, I get more from the spinning and I barely feel I worked my legs the next day. Definitely a win-win for me! I will be curious if you have a similar response from the elliptical. I will keep you posted if I do that JS workout this weekend. I have not done the Foundations workout yet, so let me know how you like it.

So DH comes home last night and tells me he got a call from a good friend of ours from his time in the Air Force. He runs a military retirement facility and had talked to DH when he retired from the AF about working there, but the timing never worked out. But now he seriously wants to hire DH to come work with him. :o . In Florida. :o:o My head is spinning too quickly to know how I feel about that. But DH needs to look over everything and decide if it is a job he would want. Me? I’ll be in the corner eating chocolate for awhile. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ No workout yesterday but planning on going to Spinning tonight after work. My continued “tireds” in the a.m. are hitting me still. I keep thinking I should just “get up” and then realize with everything that has gone on my poor body/mind/soul needs the rest I am sure. So will get in what I can and try my best to push forward this week and next week. I plan on joining you all in the Muscle Meltdowns weekly workouts though! This will definitely give me some motivation & encouragement. :)

Thelma: I imagine without looking back on the posts that your workouts have been going along as planned and you are kicking some butt there!!! LOL Good to hear your DH is starting in with his new on the job training for his new job, that is fantastic and one step closer for you both to your new location and life right? Thank you very much for the wishes about my mom and thinking I am brave. That is very sweet of you. Also, thank you for the reminder and specifics on what is next after next week! YAY. I knew you guys were close in finishing the BB section. I had really looked forward to that and sorry I missed it. :(

Laurie: Sorry to hear about your DH’s Uncle. WOWSA! You both have really had the year of Senior Care forsure. I hope he will be ok. Hopefully your in-laws can find a place as well and things can be a little easier for everyone. Great job with your workouts as well! Spinning is an amazing way for the legs to not have DOMS I think due to the amazing blood flow you get going. Kudos on the dentist appt. I had a dental cleaning end of July and it was my “best to date” I started using a WaterPik Flosser 4+ months ago and she said she can really tell. Hardly had any cleaning to do at all! It’s funny how much we look forward to that praise from the hygienist or dentist. Thank you for the understanding and continued support about my mom. Yes, the normalcy and structure is what I crave right now . . . . probably due to not wanting to feel the heartache, it helps to have a focus. If that makes sense.

Laurel: I haven’t looked back on all your posts for the past week+ but I am sure your combos of workouts are truly amazing! Good job with your BULK Shoulders + X10 Cardio Blast AND Cardio Fusion. You nailed it exactly “NUMB” is how I feel right now and of course a mix of anxiety comes in randomly with the sads as well, all when I least expect it. But as I mentioned above, the structure of a schedule/normalcy and structure in my workouts will give me some motivation. Definitely planning on jumping in with you all. How fun that you and DH are taking a getaway! Did I read it is an RV trip? And WHAT in the WHAT on Florida?!??! I did laugh when I read that you will just be in the corner eating chocolate. LOL I bet you wished you could have just kept your wonderful home if that is the case. OR is it a different part of Florida? Here’s a positive spin on all of it: You WILL be moving out of Alaska! :)

Have a great afternoon ladies, I will talk to you tomorrow. Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, today one of my teammates was coughing all over the place so by the end of the day I was feeling sick. I had the sniffles and kept on clearing my throat. I really felt like something was brewing inside my chest. Amazingly I still tried to workout! I attempted a leg workout but my body was not cooperating so I gave that idea up. I ended up walking with Leslie Sansone today again. She was what I needed tonight. I felt better after my workout and a nice shower.
    We got the mortgage pre-approval today! YAAY! My boss, mentor, and dear friend announced his retirement today. This is a huge loss for us. Things could take a turn ugly for us without him to be our buffer. Apparently, our company requires a 3-month notice for retirement so he will work until mid-November.

OK, so I really missed part of my post with my copy and paste job! Here is what you missed:

I worked from home on Tuesday because I had an ophthalmologist appointment. In the morning I walked with Leslie Sansone and at night I did XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Shoulders, Treadmill, Stretch.

Yesterday we had another meeting with our financial advisor and I've been given the green light to retire next February. You would think I would be incredibly happy but I think I'm scared. DH told me that the fact that my boss is retiring really solidifies my decision to retire. He is right of course.

Laurie, great job with your workouts!
    Glad your MIL liked the facility they visited on Wed. I don't blame for being worried about $ though. Sorry about your DH's uncle's fall! OMG, I hope your DH doesn't have to deal with his uncle too!
    DH is really getting excited about the new job because he has the possibility of a non-traveling job if he starts toward the end of the year I believe. So this is a new plan!

Laurel, great combo today! It really is hard to protect valuables when having to spend the night in a hotel. That is the reason why I want to rent the RV. DH thinks we could make the trip from Boston to Blue Ridge in one day. I think that would be insane!
    I understand what you mean about spinning after a leg workout prevents DOMS. That is the same thing I experience when walking on
    the treadmill.
    OMG with your husband's new employment possibility! Like I said he has good luck getting jobs!

Tami, great job listening to your body. The Muscle Meldown rotation should be fun. Glad you'll be able to join us.
    We are definitely a few steps closer to our new location.

Good night ladies!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Burn Sets Biceps after work. This morning was GHUTV AMRAPS 1, which I have been saying I would do and finally have. It was a great calorie burn, and very metabolic. It was basically 4 exercises, 20, 15, 10 and 5 reps for as many rounds as possible. Chris had 3 sets of 4 different exercises for each set. Will be doing that one again.

My MIL has decided on the facility next to DH's brother. This is a good thing, it is close to us also. Our church does visits to this place too. I think that what happened to her brother was really the deciding factor to her decision. Uncle Bob will be in a neck brace for about 3 months. If he would have been in a different place (like a bathroom) it could have been fatal. :/ I'm thinking that he needs to be closer to us also, since he doesn't have any children.

Laurel, Awesome workouts! I have not done a X10 workout in a while, it is one of those that can be a great add on though. LOL about you eating chocolate in the corner! I shouldn't laugh about that, but I'm sure that your mind is going in all directions with this current information. I'm not going to jinx anything by saying anything else positive or negative. :p I will be sending out good vibes and prayers though. ;) I will let you know about the foundation one, I'm thinking of Saturday and then doing a short yoga/stretch. It looks like it might be very basic information from what I gathered from 2Lazy.

Tami, Hope that you had a good spin class yesterday. Sounds like you are really understanding what you are ready for as far as exercise, your body will for sure let you know how to proceed. Your statement makes total sense on how you are handling everything. I for sure will be doing something on the elliptical to help with the DOMS. I don't have the water pic, but I do have a electric tooth brush. I think the water pic would be good for DH, since he doesn't like to floss. :# I love the fact that I'm not dealing with the scrapping like other people do.

Thelma, Glad that you have options available when you are not feeling good. I hope that you are not getting sick though. It's almost an omen that your boss is retiring. Now that you know you can retire, and when, I'm sure that you will adapt to the situation over time. I'm really glad to hear that it is such a short time frame. It sure does sound like your DH is enjoying this new job situation, and such great news about the traveling.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    edited August 2018
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout started with Bulk Arms. What I have been doing these past few weeks is randomly selecting a warm-up from a Cathe Live upper body workout (in place of Sagi’s not-very-adequate warm-up), and when I feel like it, doing the core work from the same workout after I finish my Bulk workouts. Usually Cathe’s core work in these workouts is pretty short.....but not with the workout I chose today. It was almost 20 minutes long. :o It was good, but somehow it left me not having a clue what to do for cardio. So after walking in circles for awhile (literally), I just selected a random Cathe Live cardio and went with it. That was Cathe’s Birthday Blast. Not sure it was exactly what I was feeling like today, but I think I would have had that reaction to any workout I chose today. :p

Tami, I am glad you are listening to your body and getting some extra rest. No question the grief, shock and pain will hit you without warning. I always think of it as a wave hitting me. I still experience it, to be honest. And, for more honesty, there is no question in my mind that one of the reasons I reacted so very negatively to our move out of Florida was that my DH first hit me with the news of moving just a few months after my mother passed away.......and all I wanted at that time (it was also two weeks before Christmas, which was hard enough already) was normalcy, routine, security and home. So please give yourself a lot of time to heal. Anyhow, yes DH and I are going to Homer, Alaska for Labor Day, but no RV for us this time. And four weeks from tomorrow night.....we fly to Hawaii! About the possible move to Florida, it would be in a different part of Florida (the panhandle). But, yes, if we are going to do that, we so much more easily could have done the move without it being via Alaska. Sigh. I don’t know what we are going to do, so I am going to pretend we are doing nothing. :D I used to have a mug that read ‘Denial is My Happy Place’. So true!! Anyhow.....I am glad next month’s workout plan sounds good to you!

Thelma, wow on the news about your boss! When I read that, I thought it is such a good thing you already have a plan in place to retire! I know your boss has provided you with a lot of needed top cover. I know the idea of retiring is scary, but hopefully it ends up being the best possible thing and the best possible time. That being said, I would not recommend making that trip down the east coast in one day. :o I am sure you are enough familiar with how bad the traffic can be to know that, but if you are moving anywhere close to spring break......the highways are a mess! Granted, we were more south than where you are the times we were traveling through there, but we found some of our heaviest traffic in South Carolina, Georgia and Tennessee. We had an easy 8 hour trip take over 10 hours, so I can’t imagine how long your 17 hour trip could become! Anyhow, good job in finding a workout that worked for you yesterday. I hope you aren’t coming down with something. I know around here, everybody is having significant sinus issues.....myself included. I chalk it up to the change of the seasons, but that dull headache I had all day yesterday was no fun. Take care of yourself!

Laurie, great workouts! I really like the sound of the metabolic workout. I am so happy to hear your in-laws have found a place to move. Hopefully your uncle follows along as well. Like I said to Tami, I have no clue what we are going to do about moving right now. DH confused the heck out of me over breakfast this morning between talking about the job in Florida vs staying with his current company vs moving somewhere else entirely. If I hadn’t just made the bed, I would have crawled right back in to it. B):D I figure I will give him some time to work things out in his mind and then we can talk about making a decision. This took him by surprise too, so I understand his mind (like mine) is flying. Mine just wasn’t flying quite as quickly as his at 5:00am this morning while eating my oatmeal! :p

Until tomorrow.

Laurel

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, no workout for me tonight but not because I'm feeling sick. Thankfully I'm not sick. It was a long day at work and when I got home it looked like DH had a challenging work day so all he wanted to do is for us to quit our jobs and move now. So we talked for the longest time about what our next moves will be.

I had to remind him that we are nowhere near ready to put our house on the market. Not only that, but this is not a good time for sellers around here. The seller's market around here is around April. I have to make sure I keep our emotions under control around here. I worry that we're making decisions because we are feeling emotional about our jobs.
    Our weekend will be spent going through the things we don't need and getting rid of them. I can't believe how much stuff we've accumulated in 15 years. The good thing is that I am highly motivated to get rid of things!

Laurie, great workouts! That GHUTV workout sounds wonderful!
    So glad your MIL finally decided on a facility for her and your FIL! It definitely sounds like her brother needs to be in a facility near you guys.
    You still need to floss when you have an electric toothbrush. I used to use a water pic when I had braces but I still flossed.
    It really is almost an omen that my boss is retiring. Now I don't have to feel guilty about leaving in the middle of the most important project there is.
    I really hope DH is able to get a non-traveling project when he finally transitions to his new job. It sure sounds like he is going to skip plan A (working for the current employer remotely) and will go directly into plan B. I would feel better if plan A would work out for him but I feel that I have to support the path he wants to take next.

Laurel, wonderful combo! Great job!
    It really is scary not having my boss after mid-November. Makes me wonder if I'll be able to last till the end of Feb! I just have to take it one-day-at-a-time.
    I really think it is nuts to try to make the trip from here to GA Laurel. I think the RV will allow us to make the trip for the cats less traumatizing. I think it has to take us 2-3 days. We can't just drive without stopping to stretch our legs and take a good break. The cats can't be locked up in their carriers all that time either. We feel driving will be less traumatizing for the cats than flying. They would freak out with all those people and sounds at the airport!

Hi Tami!

Good night ladies and have a wonderful weekend!!
    Thelma