Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Good Evening Ladies - It is down pouring rain right now, and I LOVE it. Tuesday, I was unable to get a workout in, but I made sure to move and got 15,000 steps in. This morning, the rotation called for my nemesis......To The Mat: Legs and Glutes. I can tell the I am getting stronger in the tush area, but it is still a killer. It's the 1st 10 minutes that get to me. The rest is fine.....those leg lifts that incorporate the bum muscles is what hurts (in a good way, though).

Laurel - I am so sorry that you went through that with the water issues. I am glad you have water back, though. I am glad you got your workouts in. Get some sleep tonight, though. Great job on your workouts two nights ago. I love how you focus on different areas of your body and get the cardio in, too.

Laurie - So glad to hear that there was no foot pain during your workouts. Wonderful job on your cardio and Hiit workouts. Thanks for the info about heart rate monitors. I recorded the Bikram Yoga myself and saved it. There isn't a Bikram option....it's just basic hatha yoga which is not as intense as BY.

Thelma - So sorry you are feeling sick.....yuck. Have some tea and get some sleep. Also, don't worry about having a bad nutrition day......you can make a come back. I've had one too many these past 2 weeks. Today has been so much better. Great job with your XT and BB workouts 2 nights ago. I will send you my email address....thanks again for your help.

Tami - Sometimes you need to pamper yourself, and getting your nails done is a great way to do that.
    Nice workout with kickboxing. I hope the sub for the other class was a good one.

Have a good rest of the night.
    Becky
  • ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,626 Member
    Hi Ladies! I'm feeling better today. I had to force myself to workout so I went for another short workout: BB Bulk Chest. I was able to up my weights in some of exercises which was great and unexpected giving I wasn't feeling 100%. I went back to normal eating today so that feels good.

Laurie, great job doing those workouts! OMG about your DH asking your DD when she was going to get a job! Talk about bursting her bubble! Did she say anything like hey! you're getting free hair cuts!? LOL

Laurel, what a horrible night! good for you for pushing through those workouts!

Tami, glad you liked your Insane X class. Too bad the instructor went easy on you guys by giving you water breaks! The nerve of that woman! LOL
    Good idea to do your packing starting tonight. Less stressful that way. Are you just going for the weekend?

Beckie, great job pushing through the tush killer workout! Glad you had a better nutrition day too! We've been getting some much needed rain here too. That is why my commute was so long to/from my class the last two days.

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,506 Member
    Morning Ladies,

After work I pulled out a Peak 10 workout, and did Pure Strength. Have not done one of those in a while, and it was good to get something different in. Today I'm taking as an off day, just way to much to do after work.

Laurel, Great job with the workouts when you must have been tired, and congrats on doing the last BB workout. I can feel for you having to deal with that water issue. I have had cryptosporidum, so can understand your concern with wondering if you or your DH could have consumed tainted water. I was in the hospital having our first dd when I contacted the crud. Thought at first I had something wrong from having the baby, just to find out that while in the hospital I had bad water. It sure wasn't fun dealing with a newborn and having to deal with that also. :o Waiting until Jan. to sit outside has to be a bit frustrating. Have you given all your winter clothes away? :D I can't imagine that you would need a winter coat.

Tami, Nice job on the workouts! I really like that Katy gets kettlebells into the routine. Makes me want to pull out the KCM's kb workout. Solid plan to get all the things you need to get done before you leave. Tonight is like that for me. Rocket and I will be going to his favorite store to get some treats, and before I pick him up I want to get some other shopping done. Going to be busy this weekend, so won't have time to grocery shop.

Becky, Great job getting through that dreaded workout. So glad to hear your bum is seeing the benefits from doing that workout though. Nice to hear that you are enjoying the rain also. I'm glad that I could be helpful with the MFP site, it can get confusing as to what you can and can't do on here.

Thelma, Good job getting your workout in despite being tired. LOL about dd and dh. She is so used to him bugging her about getting a job, I think she may have given him the evil eye. I will have to remind him of the hair cutting, in case he feels the need to needle her again. She has her resume's printed out, so I'm sure she will be getting into the looking for a job frame of mind soon.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,877 Member
    Hi Ladies. I am feeling more energetic and less cranky today which is good. We are still boiling water (actually, I am using bottled water for most everything) but it isn't too bothersome. Hopefully we will get some good news on our water tomorrow. Since there are thousands of people impacted, I have no doubt they are doing what they can to fix the problem right now.

Anyhow, for my strength workout today (and tomorrow), I decided to go with Cathe's LIS Trisets workouts since they best mirror some of the strength training in P90X2. Today was the lower body workout which is such a good workout in so little time. Love this one. For cardio, I started with the warm-up and Blizzard Blast from Rock'm Sock'm then did the cardio and drills from Cardio Kicks. Really good combo!

Tami, sounds like a great class and what a bonus to get water breaks! :) Sounds like you have quite a bit to do to get ready for your weekend. Hope you have a fabulous time and catch a really big fish!

Becky, sounds like you are getting stronger with each workout. Great job getting steps in too! I am pretty OCD about getting my step count in every day. Makes my DH laugh when I start walking circles around......anywhere/everywhere we are when I decide I need steps! But, hey, I am not hurting anybody......I just look silly! :p I had never seen rain in Phoenix until this year, and I had been there a lot. I have NO doubt that a good downpour is much appreciated. Nothing like Phoenix right after a good rain, that's for sure. Everything looks so clean and green!

Thelma, glad to hear you are feeling better. Great job with the workout and increasing the weight! You are certainly taking things to another level this time with Body Beast.

Laurie, great workouts. Yikes on getting bad water from a hospital!! DH had that after a trip to Turkey and bad water, and it took him weeks to feel better. I can't imagine that with a newborn. But, so far, we are good. I still have some winter clothes.....just in case we go north. But every few months I go in to my closet and get rid of more and more. Since we have mostly lived in colder climates, I have always had more clothing for colder weather than warm. That is changing!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I'm definitely back to normal sinus wise but I just didn't feel like working out tonight. Maybe because it's the first week that really feels like fall, it's been cloudy, rainy at times and raw. Of course this type of weather has made the days seem much shorter given the lack of sunlight.

Yet again today I had to drag myself to the basement to workout. I did XT Bi's & Tri's w/u and BB Bulk Arms. I'd pretty reached my highest weight potentials last week for this workout but I still went up a little on at least one set on two different exercises.

Laurie, great job with your workouts! I meant to ask you yesterday if you've tried any other Cathe live workouts?
    OMG! I can't believe you got bad water at the hospital when you had your first baby! I hope your dd gave her dad the evil eye! LOL

Laurel, glad you're feeling more energetic today (send me some energy!). Sorry you're having to deal with the contaminated water problem. I hope the problem gets resolved soon! Great workouts today!
    I definitely have taken things to a different level with this BB Bulk rotation right after STS.

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

So no workout after work, but did get Rocket his favorite treat at the store. He is such a shy guy, but getting better. He will actually try to sniff people that he doesn't know, where he would never try that before. Baby steps. This morning I did another Peak workout, and it was Cardio Strength Fat Blaster Express. That was a good one. Tomorrow we are going to a wedding, and then a party at our friends house. I have had such an awesome week of eating, that tomorrow really will be a test for eating. I really want to stay on this great trend, so I'm hoping that I make the correct decisions. ;)

Laurel, Crossing my fingers that your water situation is better today, but really glad to hear that you have found an alternative option to having to boil a lot of water. ;) Nice workouts, and the kb one sounds like fun. I'm getting ready for the X2 workouts, got my tower in a good position so that I can use it. I haven't previewed the workouts, but I'm going to guess that we are going to be doing some type of chin-up/pull-up. :D I would love to have just one type of clothing types at times, this changing clothes out for the season can get a little annoying. :D

Thelma, Glad to hear that you are back to normal with the sinuses. Sorry to hear that you are still tired, that probably is because you really don't get the best sleep when you can't breath at night. ;) Good job on the workout though, and increasing the weights on some exercises. I was planning on trying out one of the PHAT workouts after work today, they really look interesting. Might try one of the kickboxing workouts that she has on there also. Just love Cathe and her kb workouts.

Tami, Have a great weekend with your DH!

Becky, Hope you are having a great week.

Have a wonderful weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! To end my week of workouts, I did LIS Upper Body Trisets followed by IMAX3. I remember the first time I did the upper body workout, I did not like it at all! But it has really grown on me. Today I was on the last exercise when I realized I was on the last exercise.....and I was thinking 'already?' Love that when I am working out. Bodes well for my mindset going into X2 as well since the rough philosophy behind UB Trisets is on steroids in X2.

Thelma, sounds like you have the perfect weather to curl up in a blanket with a cup of tea. Don't blame you for not wanting to workout at all! But great job pushing through AND increasing your weights. Hope your energy returns soon.

Laurie, sounds like Rocket is growing up! Great workout this morning. Yes, the pull-ups in X2 are plenty. Typical Tony Horton. And he does some crazy variations which I can't even possibly attempt. But I do my best.....and forget the rest. :p Hope you enjoy the wedding.

Tami, enjoy your weekend!

Becky, hope you are doing well.

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • smile_laughter
    Good morning ladies - Happy Saturday - Thursday, I was able to get an Express Bikram yoga class in (60 minutes). Yesterday, I started the day off with ICE Chiseled Upper Body and got the 90 minute Bikram Yoga class done in the afternoon. I REALLY needed the yoga class. I haven't been in at least a week, and my body was feeling really tight.
    I just pre-ordered the "Strong and Sweaty" series....can't wait!

Laurel - Great workouts this week - that is great that the IMAX3 workout went by so fast and you are beginning to enjoy that workout instead of disliking it. I hope the water situation has been fixed now.....buying bottled water can get expensive!

Laurie - Nice job on doing a different workout (as usual, it's one I haven't heard of.....makes me laugh at how "inexperienced" and "ignorant" I am with the dvd workout world! ;) Glad to hear Rocket is making some progress. My Luna won't stop barking at people, so we are working on that one. Both dogs "graduated" from beginner dog training this past week. Great job on eating well this week. I hope you enjoy the wedding and party.......those can be hard on the eating healthy plan! :#
    wo47sdepusro.jpg
    7v2of6jerlcu.jpg

Thelma - So glad you are feeling better. Great job on upping the weights when you weren't feeling well! WOW! I am having one of those days where I may have to force myself to workout.

Tami - I hope you are doing well and had a good weekend.

Happy Saturday!
    Becky
  • smile_laughter
    Good morning ladies - Happy Sunday - I want to post before crazy work life starts again tomorrow.
    The ICE rotation I am doing has only had me do the Metabolic workout once. I was supposed to do the Low Impact Sweat yesterday, but I decided to do Metabolic. I really like the overall workout of this. So, this morning I did Low Impact Sweat. Also, I have lost 2 more lbs!!!! So excited. When I stop eating crud, like pop tarts, I can lose some weight! This is the lowest I have been since I was pregnant with my daughter (she's 4 1/2 now, so I can't really blame her, right?) ;)

These last 10 lbs are from when I was pregnant with my son (who will be 12 in December.....I do blame him completely) HA!

Anyways....I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Becky
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I hope you had a great weekend! My lack of energy continued and I am convinced it has to do with the rainy and raw weather we're having.
    Becky inspired me to try ICE To The Mat: Legs & Glutes. I hadn't done this workout due to a serious dread factor :). I actually liked it! It wasn't hard and I think it is because Cathe doesn't spend too long on each of the exercises. No DOMS which was disappointing. On Saturday I had to drag myself to the basement AGAIN! I wanted to do something easy and decided to try another DVD I hadn't done before: PiYO Full Body Blast. This workout is part
    of the Deluxe Strength upgrade package but it was free to me. It uses the slide discs which is the reason why I thought it would be easy. WRONG! It challenging for me but I did it all! It showed me how much core strength I've gained. I followed the PiYo workout with a Rock'm Sock'm timesaver using my boxing gloves. I really like the PiYo workout! I could feel my quads working to fatigue! Sunday morning when I woke up I felt like I had been ran over by a train! LOL. I need to do this workout more often. Here is a little glimpse of what I did
    https://youtu.be/FGonjL8bknw

Laurie, great job with that Peak workout! Sounds like Rocket is starting to come out of his shell! I hope you had a great time at the wedding and party and that continued your good eating trend! I wish I could say that myself. I've had a bad food week!
    I really think I feel tired due to the rainy and raw fall weather we're having. It's hit me pretty hard this year for some reason. Have you tried that PiYo workout I did on Saturday? I didn't even remember that I had it! I had to look up those PHAT workouts and they do look good. Her kickboxing DVD's are good and I imagine a live class would be even better!

Laurel, fantastic combo on Friday! So glad your body and your mind are ready to start X2!!
    What is the situation with your water quality now? Are you going to be affected by hurricane Matthew?
    Curling up in a blanket and hot cup of tea is all I want to do! I hope I'm in better shape tomorrow!

Becky, great job with your workouts and congrats on on ordering Strong and Sweaty! OMG your doggies are ADORABLE!! Love the graduation caps on them! What breed are they?

Tami, I hope you had a great weekend with your DH!

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

We had a very wet weekend, but we did enjoy the wedding. The party after the wedding was canceled, because our friend was passing kidney stones. I don't think that he would have been in the mood for company at their house, so the party got rescheduled to this coming Sunday. We didn't get home from the wedding until about 4pm, and then came home to our oldest dd being there. We then went out for dinner, since I didn't want to cook. My eating was pretty good all day, they really had some nice choices for the lunch. No workout on Saturday, and Sunday I did Peak 10 Sculpt & Define, and then I started X2 Core at the point after the warm up. Have to say that it was hard to tell when the warm up started on that one, but I just kept skipping until Tony said okay lets start this workout. :D I don't think that I will ever be able to do those Dreya Roll-ups! :# Overall I did pretty good, and had to do the modified version on most of the med ball sections. This morning I did a short Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn, only did three sections of the workout.

Laurel, Great job on the workouts! Looking at the stability ball in the workout, makes me think that I have a way to large ball. The girl in that workout seemed to have a really small one. I have a stability ball that I have not inflated from another workout set, and I bet that one is smaller than the one that I have. Now I'm wondering if I should inflate that one. Maybe having the bigger ball is better though for some of the exercises. Might have to test it out to see if it makes a difference. X2 Core was a good workout, really enjoyed that he didn't go fast on the moves, because I was falling over on some of the moves as it was. :D

Becky, First of all I have to say that your pups are so cute, and congrats to them for completing their first training course. Second congrats on the weight loss! Great job on your workouts, and of course getting in your yoga. I also ordered the Strong & Sweaty series, but I bought the downloads. This is the first time that I have done this, so we will see how it goes. I probably have way to many workouts, but I really enjoy all the variety I have available to me. I usually read a lot of reviews before I venture into buying any of the workouts I have. The Peak 10 workouts are high impact, but when I'm not up to it I usually modify. Probably the only workouts that I actually enjoy doing hi/lo. :D

Thelma, Interesting on that ICE workout with the DOMS, must be that you have hit those places in other workouts? Looks like it would be a tough PiYo workout with those discs. I'm guessing that you really had to use your core a lot with that workout. I didn't get the deluxe set when I ordered mine, so I don't have that workout. I didn't get a chance to try that PHAT workout on Saturday. :( The wedding started at 10:30 am, so not a lot of time in the morning to get it in. I've been looking at the kickboxing workouts also, there is one in there that really looks appealing.

Tami, Hope you had a great weekend fishing!

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! We had a nice weekend here. Got some work done around the house, a couple of rounds of golf in, etc. We even have clean water again! That makes things easier. Saturday was my day off from working out, which felt good. And yesterday was the start of P90X2. Like Laurie, I did X2 Core, which was good. I followed it with ICE Muscle Meltdown Triceps and, for cardio, XTrain Tabatacise. Today's workout started with X2 Plyocide. I had forgotten how cardio-intensive that workout is, so I took quite a break before my second workout since I had planned cardio for my second workout. I modified that a bit and went with cardio and strength by doing ICE Bootcamp with the Blizzard Blast and Muscle Meltdown Biceps. Good stuff.

Becky, great workouts and congratulations on the weight loss! That is fantastic. Love the photos of your pups. Looks like we are all in on Strong and Sweaty now!! Woo-hoo! I see a group rotation in our future. :)

Thelma, sorry to hear you are still suffering low energy. If I am being perfectly honest, I have felt the same way for about a week. But I always seems to experience this around the change in seasons (even when the weather isn't changing). But there were a couple of days last week that by the end of the day I almost felt too tired to go to bed! But I am just working through it as best I can by focusing on good nutrition, lots of water, resting when I can, etc. Great job with the workouts! I have that PiYo workout! I will have to give it a try because it looks really good. I think the hurricane will miss us, though they are predicting a pretty wet week with some windy days as it passes by east of us. Further north on the east coast may not be so lucky.

Laurie, sounds like a nice weekend. Glad you enjoyed X2 Core. I did the warm-up.....just to remind myself we I don't like the warm-ups! Crazy long. Anyhow, my stability ball is the smallest available, but the rule of thumb I have always used is when you sit on it, your legs should be at 90 degrees as a minimum. But if you have another, smaller option, it might be worth trying. Later in the series, Tony uses two sizes of balls in a workout, so if you have room for two.....go for it. Some exercises I definitely modify. I think I will always struggle with the one legged burpees into push-ups on both the stability and medicine balls. I try them.....but usually just end up using the floor by the end of the exercise. I haven't fallen over yet during these two workouts this time through, but I do think of X2 often as a way of learning how to fall down!

Tami, hope you have a great weekend!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ So much to catch up on with you all. So much “to do” prior to leaving and I still felt like I wanted to do more but just ran out of time. OH well, he was happy to have me there and what I brought was a lifesaver for him. Prior to leaving early on Friday because my boss didn’t want me driving alone in the dark (again very sweet of them), my mother-in-law called and offered to stay with the Grand Dogs!!! So that was Thursday afternoon actually and I of course took her up on it. I was beyond thrilled and the amount of relief was so great. She enjoyed it too, kind of a weekend to herself and a good book or TV. The kids were relaxed happy and out of the weather all weekend. I guess it had poured rain here on Saturday, so I was so happy for them.

Weekend was really nice being able to see DH and go fishing. Saturday I caught one and then we had to get off the river, it was getting way too windy to fish. Yesterday was much calmer and I caught my limit of 3 salmon! Super exciting (as always) and fun for DH to help me achieve that. He’s a fabulous guide! By the time I got home in the afternoon I was beat and had a lot of fish to vacuum seal, tons of laundry to do for him and send back with someone tomorrow that is going down there and so I didn’t get my workout in but this a.m. I started off my new rotation with STS #1 Chest/Shoulders/Bis, tonight I will head to Katy’s BootCamp.

Thelma: Glad to hear your sinuses are doing better and pushing through the workouts too despite not really feeling it! I know what you mean on that To The Mat workout and the dread factor, which is why it is the one I haven’t done yet from that series. LOL One of these days I will pull that one out and see for myself if I should really be dreading it. Mat & Barre workouts have a tendency to make my mind wander for some reason.
    Laurie: Good to hear Rocket is making progress on his shyness. Poor little guy. Great job with the PEAK workouts; always such fun workouts. Getting all set for X2 this week and starting it off! Again, I hope it clicks with you and you enjoy it a lot. Who knows, maybe you will be able to do a Dreya Roll Up one of these days. Sounds like the wedding was nice but sad on the party being cxld due to the kidney stones ….. OUCH. Good it is rescheduled. Sounds like it was busy for you.

Laurel: Fantastic job with your workouts! I had forgotten that Upper Body Tri-Sets hadn’t been your favorite with you at first. I LOVE that workout, and again going into X2 with the fact it is on steroids should make for some awesome workouts ahead! Your weekend sounds fun with golf and work around the house. I am feeling a little behind but my MIL vacuumed for me before she left yesterday, so that was nice. I do need to get the lawn mowed however and get some groceries. My usual weekend stuff. I’m glad the bad hurricane weather is going to miss you guys. YIKES.

Becky: Huge congrats on the weight loss and purchasing Strong & Sweaty!!!!!! As Laurel said, I can feel a nice “group rotation” coming on in all of our futures. Very fun. Will be a good batch of workouts I think. Good job getting in your Yoga class, that is so good. I know that I “NEED” to do more Yoga, I just have a tendency to push it to the bottom of the list for workouts … sad but true. So when I do actually get one in you will see a lot of cheering from me . . . for me! LOL

Have a great evening ladies ~ talk to you tomorrow! Tami

• ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! Feeling more energetic today which makes me think the weather had a lot to do with the lack of energy. Today the sun came out so temps warmed up. Today I started with XT CBS w/u, BB Bulk Shoulders, ICE Rock'm Sock'm Blizzard Blast, Stretch.

Laurie, glad you enjoyed the wedding. Sorry about your friend with the kidney stones! Great job with those workouts! OMG those Dreya Roll-ups are hard! Maybe I could pull myself up if I had a rope hanging from the ceiling! LOL
    I was really shocked when I woke up Saturday morning and had no DOMS. I don't think I hit those muscles with other workouts. I just think that there are so many exercises on this workout that you don't spend long enough to make you want to cry on them. I really can't remember ordering the deluxe PiYo set given that I didn't know if I could do the basic set. The DVD was in one of the sleeves in the cardboard case. Are you finding the on demand Cathe service worth the expense? We finally got a new router so DH was finally able to set up the wi-fi on my smart tv in the basement. One of these days I hope to check out some of those youtube workouts!

Laurel, glad you had a great weekend and that you have clean water again! Great workouts this weekend! Plyocide? OMG even the name sounds scary!
    I really think I did the right thing by listening to my body and going easy on myself. Of course feeling the way I felt made me crave comfort food so I wasn't good about food. Much better today though! I hope you try that PiYo workout one of these days Laurel. I think you will find it easy but it really is good and it would be a good add on for you. I hope that hurricane misses all of us!

Tami, I'm so glad you and your husband had a great weekend and that your MIL took care of the kids for you! We had a very rainy weekend ourselves! FINALLY! Good job catching 3 salmon! I hope you didn't have to clean the fish! That is not a fun job! Awesome workouts!
    I think you'd be surprised when you do To The Mat. The warm up was kind of weird to me and if fact I don't even know when the warm up ended. When I saw how the warmup began I quickly stopped it and did the X10 w/u.

Hi Becky!

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

After work I did X2 Plyocide, and didn't do to badly. I didn't do all the push-ups that I probably should have for putting my foot down. :D Tony will have to forgive me, since it was my first time trying the workout. ;) Overall it was a sweatfest, but I really am having fun working out with Tony again. The man really knows how to stretch those muscles out, so the cool down/stretch was wonderful. This morning I did Peak 10 Fat Blaster Express #1 again. I'm enjoying doing these two types of workouts together, will see how it goes in the following weeks.

Laurel, Great job on your workouts. I do have some room to inflate that extra ball I have, if it doesn't work out then I can always let the air out again. :D The current ball I have is perfect for when I'm sitting on it, so we will see how this other ball is for doing some of the moves Tony incorporates into the warm ups. It is nice having you do those workouts before I do, gives me a little knowledge on what I will be getting into. I was hitting that pause button a couple of times yesterday. ;) The moves I really enjoyed the most where the med ball. I have a 1on1 workout of his that uses a med ball, and it is fun.

Tami, Great job on your STS workout! You had a really busy weekend, and congrats on all the salmon you caught. Dang I wish that my freezer was packed with some. :D I actually got my DH to eat some last week, he isn't a big fish fan. He was okay will me making it again. So far X2 and I are clicking fairly well. It sure surprised me when we started the workout around the 45 min. mark though. That foam roller section is just useless as far as I'm concerned, but I was doing my own stretching thing. ;)

Thelma, Nice to hear that your energy is back, and you got in a great workout. I think I like your way of doing those Dreya roll-ups, that is something that I could use also. No matter how hard I try, I have a hard time getting my butt off the ground as well as all those kids on the DVD do. The one thing I like about Cathe live is that you can cancel, and re-buy at anytime. I don't know if it is worth the $, but the workouts are totally different, so that is part of the appeal. I guess I just need to try one workout per week.

Becky, Hope you are having a great day!

Have a wonderful day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Had a scheduled day off from P90X2 and couldn't quite figure out what to do. So I opted for a long two hour straight-thru workout that started with RWH Lower Body Circuit then went into ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast and Blizzard Blast and finished with Muscle Meltdown Shoulders and Icy Core 2. So good and, surprisingly, absolutely flew by!

Well, we are officially in a Hurricane Watch now. :o I guess Hurricane Matthew has turned a bit west, and the chances of it getting closer to shore here in Florida have increased. The next 24 hours will be telling. I think I will be following the news pretty closely. The good news is we most likely won't have to evacuate because we are far enough away from the ocean. So that just leaves me worried about days without power. And tornadoes.

Tami, welcome back!! So happy you had a good weekend and caught some fish! You have my mouth watering with the thought of fresh salmon. :p How nice of your MIL to dog sit! Bet that eased your mind quite a bit. Good job getting to your new rotation this morning. I hope you enjoy it!

Thelma, yay for the increased energy! Colder weather always makes me crave comfort food, so I don't blame you that. Sometimes I think our bodies crave exactly what we need sometimes, so don't worry about your eating for those few days. It looks like this hurricane may be dicey for quite a few of us on the east coast. Fingers crossed it just heads out to sea!

Laurie, glad you enjoyed Plyocide! I can't believe you skipped the push-ups for losing balance though! ;) The first time I did that workout, if had done all the push-ups I owed Tony, I would probably still be doing them. I was a mess on some of these workouts, that's for sure! Yesterday I owed him quite a few......and did them. Hopefully I can improve on that over the next few weeks. I really like how Tony uses the med ball in this series. Makes me feel like I am getting my money's worth from the ball!

Becky, hope your week is going well.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • 2BLean
    2BLean Posts: 2,373 Member
    Hi Ladies ~ Unfortunately last night I ended up staying here at work until 6:00. :neutral: We had a balancing issue in the Long Term Escrow Dept., which made for looking through reports, checking and re-checking until we found it. Luckily it wasn’t my fault! Still feeling like the “newbie” in that dept. since I am only there a couple hours a day, I usually think it is something I did or forgot to check. :blush: It wasn’t. At any rate, by the time I had missed BootCamp and headed home I didn’t get in a pm. workout. This a.m. I did X42. Forgot to tell you all, at the last minute I decided to do the STS Metabolic/HiiT/Undulating rotation (12 weeks), I always love doing STS in the undulating format and it was right there in my notebook, looked good, so I went for it. May plug in some XT workouts as I go and/or RWH but we will see. Tonight I will head to Insane-X after work.

Thelma: Glad to hear the energy level picked up for you! I think we all go through that at some point or another without knowing why. Always a bit frustrating forsure. Great work on BB Bulk Shoulders followed by the Blizzard Blast and stretch. Nicely done. Thank you on the kudos with the Salmon. It was exciting and always makes DH so happy when I catch them.

Laurie: Awesome work with X2 Plyocide and doing what you could do! I am sure as the program goes on you will find you can do all the moves. Glad you are enjoying Tony …. He is a funny guy forsure and happy you are getting a good little cardio burst in the a.m., sounds like it is just what you need with X2. Yes, that foam roller section was like that for me as well. Wondering “why” am I still doing this; did my own stretching too. Thanks on the kudos with the fish. It is pretty nice having that much salmon in the freezer; most of what I caught we will smoke because the meat isn’t as good as it could be. Due to the stage of life they are in at this time of year, spawning, etc. it makes the meat change in color; nothing wrong with it, just not as flavorful. The one on Saturday was bright red and will be perfect for eating however. :smile:

Laurel: That’s some quality time on your “day off” from your rotation! Way to WORK lady!! Yikes on the hurricane watch ….. glad to hear you aren’t right by the ocean, but the mess it can cause to everyone is not fun. Fingers crossed for you. Don’t know if you saw above that I decided on a different rotation ~ at the last minute. I got out my notebook to write down my first couple weeks of workouts on my calendar and saw the one that is Undulating w/ HiiT as well and thought, that sounds perfect. So I think I will enjoy it. :blush:

Hi Becky ~ Hope your week is going good so far!

Talk to you ladies tomorrow, Tami
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies! I worked from home today so I was able to take a break to go to the basement to try out my smart TV for a little YouTube workout. I found two short, dancy BeFit workouts which were perfect. Tonight I did XT Chest, Back & Shoulders w/u, BB Bulk Chest. There was an inclined fly set where last week I thought my heaviest @ 18.2 lbs was heavy but not today.

Laurie, great job with your new X2 rotation and the Peak 10 workouts!
    Good luck with those Dreya roll-ups. You'll probably do much better with them as the rotation goes on. Good to know that you can cancel/re-buy the Cathe live service.

Laurel, great combo today lady! OMG sorry about being in a hurricane watch! I hope you don't have to evacuate and that you don't lose power!
    I won't worry about my eating last week. I needed that food! LOL. All I can do now is be good. Keeping my fingers crossed that the hurricanes stays away from the US!

Tami, great workouts and that undulating rotation is a really good one! OMG you must have felt huge relief after the missing escrow was found!

Hi Becky!

Good night ladies!!!
    Thelma
  • smile_laughter
    Good morning ladies - On Monday, I did ICE Chiseled Lower Body. The rotation has me doing two days of rest, so yesterday I did a 60 minute Bikram Express class. Today, I will be doing the 90 minute Bikram class. I only have 1 week left of the ICE rotation, so I would like to ask you all what to do next. I remember everyone telling me to look into the ICE premixes. I am VERY open to suggested rotations that you recommend. I can include workouts from Slow and Heavy, Power Hour, Maximum Intensity Strength, Body Max, Timesaver (http://shop.cathe.com/Timesaver-Exercise-DVD-p/620.htm), Kickboxing (by Billy Blanks), Bootcamp (by Billy Blanks) or (of course) ICE.

Thelma - I love that you got the To the Mat workout in and liked it. Great job on doing the PiYo workout......I am thrilled that your core strength is so much better. Just looking at the video you shared made my abs cringe. ;) Great job on your workouts this week, so far; I really like the combos that you are getting in with XT, BB, etc. The dance workout sounds like a nice change of pace to the weight training. Thanks for the compliment about the dogs....they are a pain in the rear, but I sure do love them. Luna is a lab (she is the "american" kind, not english....she is skinny and lanky as compared to the broad chested english lab). Penny is a basenji mix.

Tami - Great job on your workouts. I am looking forward to hearing about the rotation you chose. Sounds like you have been crazy busy! So glad you found the paperwork! ughh.....I bet that was not fun going through the "oh crap....it's lost" moments. . So glad you got some fishing in with your DH. I bet having fresh Salmon is the best....sounds wonderful.

Laurel - Love your workouts this week - so impressive. Kudos to you for being able to workout 2 hours nonstop. The mix of workouts you do each day is what I hope to do one day......slowly but surely for me. :D Ugghh on the hurricane watch....I hope it passes you all. Be safe!

Laurie - Nice job on your workouts (I need to look up Dreya roll-ups). Glad you did well with the X2 workouts since it is the 1st time you have tried it. Hopefully you will get to being able to do all the pushups (I do not like these). Let us know how the downloads are for the Strong and Sweaty. Glad the wedding was nice, but your poor friend. I have heard passing kidney stones is horrible! yuk....

Have a wonderful day!
    Becky
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

I opted to take a rest day on X2, really didn't have a ton of time. DD and her Fiance came over last night, so that the future SIL could get his hair cut before they head out for England on Friday. Yep the oldest is going to England to visit with his Grandmother. They will be in England for a week, and then Spain for a week. I'm envious that they are able to go. Anyway we had a nice visit, and on Thursday we will have their dog Zoey for those two weeks. This morning I did Peak 10 Cardio Core Crusher, was a tamer version of CCC! So this is now going to be my go to option whenever CCC is in a rotation. :D

Laurel, Wow on that workout! I had heard that the state of FL was in a state of emergency, hopefully the hurricane will miss the US altogether or turn into a tropical storm. Sounds like it is a big one though. That was the case with me also, I probably would still be doing those push-ups. It will be a goal of mine not to put my foot down, because push-ups are not my favorite thing. After work will be Total Body, so I'm wondering if this is going to be a bit like the Total Body Plus workout. That one had a lot of pull/chin-ups in it. My tower is ready to go if that is the case. I'm opting not to do the Recovery & Mobility workout, so next week I'm actually going to opt for X Stretch. Reading 2Lazy, she indicated that one would be a better option.

Tami, Sorry to hear that you didn't get in all the workouts that you wanted to do, but tracking down that mistake was important. Good to know that it wasn't something you did, can understand that feeling when you are the new person. My first job was in payroll, and I put the wrong date on the checks. I had to go into the CFO and tell him, that was hard to do. I think he was just glad that I told him, so that the banks could be notified to accept the checks. I have always wondered about the color of salmon, now that I know that the darker the meat the better the fish. I have tended to stay away from the paler fish. I was wondering if you had decided on a rotation, and that one was a fun one to try out.

Thelma, Glad to hear that you where able to find some youtube workouts. I'm sure that you will have fun looking for some more to try out in the future. Great job on the XT workout also, sounds like you have to go up on the weight for that chest move. ;)

Becky, Awesome job on your workouts! I'm not a fan of push-ups also, so we are in the same boat. Cathe does Dreya Roll-ups on some of her workouts, it is the move that you stand at the front of you mat and then sqat down, roll backwards, and your momentum should launch you up again. Well that launching part doesn't happen for me. :D You have a great mix of workouts that would be great in a rotation. I would suggest looking at some of Cathe's rotations, and just sub the workouts in that you have. Here is the link to her rotation section. cathe.com/category/blog/monthly-rotations and then on her forum there are some older rotations that are not listed on the above link cathe.com/forum/threads/fyi-index-of-cathe-rotations-updated-through-july-2007.236588/ This link will have rotations for some of the older workouts that you have of Cathe's. I tried to open the rotation for April 03, and it didn't work. That is the one that I have tried and really enjoyed. With your mix of workouts that one probably would be a good choice to try. I have it on a word doc, but here it is for you. Just sub in ICE or Timesaver for the CTX workouts.

MUSCLE ENDURANCE

Week 1:
    Mon: Leaner Legs
    Tues: CTX Upper Body
    Wed: Cardio of choice
    Thurs: off
    Fri: Leaner Legs
    Sat: Cardio of choice
    Sun: CTX Upper Body/ 30 minutes of cardio

Week 2:
    Mon: Power Hour
    Tues: Cardio of choice
    Wed: Power Hour
    Thurs: Cardio of choice
    Fri: Body Max
    Sat: Stability ball section only of Pyramid Legs/15 minutes of Ab Hits
    Sun: off

Week 3:
    Mon: Boot Camp
    Wed: Boot Camp
    Thurs: off
    Fri: MIS
    Sat: Cardio of choice
    Sun: Cardio Kicks

Week 4:
    Mon: Muscle Endurance
    Wed: Muscle Endurance
    Thurs: Cardio of choice
    Fri: Muscle Endurance
    Sat: Choice of cardio for 30 min plus Floor work and Ab segment only (of Pure Strength Legs and Abs)
    Sun: off

Have a great day!
    Laurie