JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    I will have to look up sudocrem.
    I LOVE genealogy but right now I am feeling bogged down. My mother-in-law will not divulge even her parents names. And they are Japanese so there's no getting around her. So the kid's tree only goes to her but I have lots on the Andrews who settled in Dale County, Alabama. And then, I have my side including the great-great grandfather who was a sperm donor back in 1850 and we married all sorts of cousins in eastern Kentucky. I am currently working on Johnsons. I had my DNA and the kid's done--really can't make much out of it but then I have 9,000 matches of 'cousins'. A couple of folks (Brown, Johnson) seem to have come from Ireland and I am mostly stuck with that parent who came to the US, there was a lot of talk of Scotsmen (Andrews?, Crawfords) but I can't verify them and then we must be ate up with French Huguenot (Jett, Valentine) but they also can't be pinned down! Germany is the worst-I don't know the history well enough to understand which place they came from (Netherlands, Austria, Switzerland) or even why or how. We didn't come on the Mayflower or to Jamestown but some were here in the 1600s. Of course, we are quite English but still why? Lots of Sirs and Ladys and even the usual king/queen people all back to Charlemagne's granddaughter Mathilde, the Wallace family of Braveheart and Scottish kings and French queens. And I really do not know anything about the Welsh but they were obviously a people apart. My son is more Welsh than I and then he is 30% East Asian. The Native American ladies on both sides are non-existent according to DNA. Sigh. It is so addicting and I can't recall who or what I did from one day to the next. I guess it beats time and money spent shopping and maybe reduces time watching tv. I do work at my ward (Church) in our Family Heritage Center so that is primarily through Family Search but I also have a lot on MyHeritage. As you may know, the LDS (Mormons) sponsor family research and so our wards have centers that will assist people to work on genealogy. Ours is open on Tuesdays from 10-2 and then Wednesdays at 6:30-8:30 pm-that's my work now. Okay, I ran on here but it is so intriguing to think of who these names and dates could have been.
    I went to the 8 am water class at the Y and haven't taken all my pills yet but will do so shortly. Yesterday, I wanted something all day but not sure what it was. Stayed in the calories (sodium seems to lurk in everything even tho I never pick up a salt shaker) and that's about all. No yard work nor laundry.
    Thursday then is exercise (done but might go again this evening), maintain on calories, do something on the yard, grocery shop, take out trash, and do laundry and nag son to empty dishwasher and clothes dryer. I hear the dog barking funny so outside to fix whatever is going on.

I had to laugh at your descriptions. Genealogy is sort of like going down the rabbit hole isn't it? Why would your MIL not want you to have that information? I am not familiar with Japanese traditions, is it a part of their culture?

I really need to get back into mine. I have my Dad's paternal side traced all the way to England in the 1600's. We were part of the United Empire Loyalists. My Dad's maternal side I have not really started looking at yet. Even my Great Aunts & Uncles on that side are confusing to me.

My Mom's side I have every branch imaginable. My Grandmother spent a good 5-6 years working on her side and my Grandfathers side. I have all of her notes and documents, about 3 boxes worth of stuff including old tin pictures. She was a Kinney with Irish roots. There are a couple cool things in her history. One ancestor was hung in the Salem Witch Trials and another introduced the Miranda rights when they became part of the justice system in America. My Grandfather's side was Welsh, but I haven't read up on all of it yet.

My husband's family traces back to Germany on his paternal side, but I haven't started digging into it yet. I know that there is a gap in some information in the history as there was a fire in a government records storage facility and a lot was lost. His Mothers side is very interesting as far as her story goes but because of it, its very hard to know. My MIL's Mother passed when she was just 6 months old. This was her Father's second wife. With his first wife he had 12 children. With his second wife there were 6 older than my MIL. All of them except my MIL ended up going to orphanages. In 1991 these 7 were all reunited for the first time in 51 years. The other 12 are still fairly unknown.

Hmmm, like you I could go on and on. I find it very fascinating. I haven't signed up for any online ancestry sites, mine are all handwritten or typed notes. I really feel I should do something online.
  • Snowflake1968
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    I forgot to post goals yesterday! I'm juggling a lot and doing pretty well though! I need to eat MORE. That is not usually my problem. It was too hot to cook last night so I basically put whatever was in the fridge on a plate and microwaved it. I did okay on water - but could have been better with all the activity and sweating I was doing - i ended up with a headache right before bed that no amount of water would cure. So today I will fill my glass more often! I unpacked everything and cleared the staging area for tomorrows move. IM SO EXCITED to have our things in our space finally. LOTS OF WATER TODAY and a good nights rest will be imperative. No breakfast, or lunch planned for today - but dinner will be a nice steak and potatoes and green beans on the grill. Staying at the apartment one last night and I'm honestly kind of weepy about it. I'll be in the moment tonight and soak in all the memories we've made.

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Lots of water
    3. Reasonable lunch choice
    4. Be present and kind
    5. Pack all kitchen and pantry
    6. Bed by 9:30 - no TV at the apartment anymore so shouldnt be a problem!

Enjoy your last night and have a wonderful move! I love moving setting up and organizing :) Hydrate!!!!!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Wooooh just ate nearly my entire daily calories at Moe's! I think I need to consider a weekly calorie goal for this week since I've been so over/under. Then I won't look at a huge meal as "bad" - just needed to vent as I did feel bad after I just logged it, but I'm moving on now! Thanks :)
  • Snowflake1968
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Wooooh just ate nearly my entire daily calories at Moe's! I think I need to consider a weekly calorie goal for this week since I've been so over/under. Then I won't look at a huge meal as "bad" - just needed to vent as I did feel bad after I just logged it, but I'm moving on now! Thanks :)

I bet you will be fine with all the moving even with a couple big meals.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    Continuing the genealogy discussion, I asked my dad and it turns out he has them! And we have traced back as far as the 1700s.
    So definitely gonna have a look!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Studio - finish bags, make patterns for new quilt
    3. Groceries
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30
  • Snowflake1968
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Continuing the genealogy discussion, I asked my dad and it turns out he has them! And we have traced back as far as the 1700s.
    So definitely gonna have a look!

That’s awesome, it is so much fun
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    GooooooooD Morning!!! 1,226 steps in already🙌🙌🙌
    Burn🔥 Mary burn🔥
    JFT
    TAKE GRANDSON TO GET BLOOD WORK /THEN TO FOOD ALLERGIST
    READ! READ! READ!...IT'S A MUST.
    DRINK at least 46oz. of water today
    ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
    Starting with short goal list today. Won't put any unnecessary strain on my day today. I'm doing this MFP and it's working for me. IT WILL TOTALLY WORK, IF I WORK IT RIGHT..
    I already feel a difference in my body. It wants the exercise now. Before all it wanted was more junk.
    Funny thing to me is, now I turn my nose up at certain foods. Found myself doing it yesterday.. Saying to myself, "How could I let myself put that in my body?"
    I'm rediscovering myself. I'm facing things that I had become"NUMB" to.
    When someone caused me pain, I didn't always confront them... I would eat blindly. It was like a shield would come over me and I'd retreat inside myself. I'd consciously unconsciously be eating (chips, or ice cream) and when something in me triggered me conscious; I'd have eaten almost the whole bag, or the whole half gallon.
    Needless to say, I have been making changes... I began by letting go of toxic people... People who's assignment is to drag you down and not want to see you better yourself, because it would mean they couldn't use you as an excuse any more to stay the way they are. The old saying... Misery Loves Company". Stop feeding misery and joy will find it's way in the main room of your life.
    I'M DETERMINED TO LIVE! I'M DETERMINED TO HAVE MY DESTINY! I'M DETERMINED TO LOVE MYSELF IN A HEALTHY, HUMBLE WAY!

I hope you have an awesome day and are feeling better. It's amazing what can happen when we start putting ourselves first. Make sure you eat enough with all of the exercise that you are trying to do. You don't want to burn out.
    @Snowflake... I will eat and drink better. Thank you for caring... Big hug.🌹
    I will get the hang of it eventually...😀
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    My partner went out today and got a few extra bits for shopping.
    He loves treating the girls and he's bought Casey lots of fancy food pouches! Which are obviously more expensive but they're brilliant!
    I've just gave her creamed potato and sweetcorn and she LOVED it.
    And earlier she had a kale, peas, apple and pear puree.. Which was kinda funky tasting but she liked it lol!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM time run: 12 laps; even laps 2-10 timed. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take lunch.
    2. Review semester plan. Cross-reference assessments and standards; which standards are over- or under-assessed? What is my purpose for each unit? Draft Week 4 lessons. Make coffee.
    3. Work on seminar proposal. Comment on 1 blog post. Write L8 post.
    4. Update class websites. Grade and input homework and reflections, especially 4th block. Have key for grammar work so that K can mark it.
    5. Check grocery list before heading to 5:30 Zumba class. Groceries. Laundry?
    6. Prep Fri lunch - soup? Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Friday
    1. AM long run: aim for 20 laps. Feed cats. Shower. WASH HAIR. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Take lunch.
    2. Review semester plan. Cross-reference assessments and standards; which standards are over- or under-assessed? What is my purpose for each unit? WRITE WEEK 4 LESSONS. Where the heck am I going with this? Make coffee.
    3. Work on seminar proposal. Comment on 1 blog post. Write L8 post. Ha ha ha. *sigh* I feel so behind.
    4. Update class websites. Have key for grammar work so that K can mark it.
    5. Groceries. Laundry?
    6. Prep lunch and dinner for Saturday. Chop celery. Meds. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 9:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 188.0

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week.
    3. Review semester plan. Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Grade summer essays. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with correct emails; note which were returned. Reply email to parents; add contact on log and request donations.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Hello my dear friends!

I did not get a chance to log in today...well actually I probably could have a few hours ago but I felt a tad bit ashamed of my dinner last night. But I did faithfully log it. I REALLY didnt want to but I did it! That is a huge step for me! I was WAY over. I dont even remember by how much. Tonight is a tad bit better. The Nutella from this morning birthday breakfast at work was deceptively calorically dense so that ate up a lot of my calories. I got a few things done at home that have been on my list for the last few weeks. The DH closes tonight so it's been just me. It's not even 9pm and I'm already propped up in bed typing this on my laptop. Once I'm done with this I think I am going to shut the light off. I want to get up early tomorrow. Oh! Funny story! Thank God my cat was a jerk this morning or I probably would have been INCREDIBLY late to work. This morning the alarm was set for 5:45(HAHA). When it went off I stumbled over to it and reset it for 6:45PM instead of am. At about 7:20 Panda absolutely REFUSED to leave me alone. I eventually got so fed up that I stormed out of bed and glanced at the alarm clock across the room. By that point it was after 7:30. It was funny though because he was downright howling for food even though he had a bowl full of it. I'm seeing it as divine intervention. Lol. It would have been disastrous if I had been late because we would not have been able to open the bank. So thank you Panda!

Thank God tomorrow is Friday! The DH and I are both off this whole weekend. So when I get home at 5:30 tomorrow we are free until Monday morning! It is going to be a very nice break. I'm going to do a few things around the house. It's not that terribly dirty but I need to move a bunch of things up to the front of the property where we have storage. There are many things in boxes that we dont use that are just taking up waaay too much space in my house. So I think that will be the Saturday afternoon project. Not sure what the Sunday one will be though.

Okay it's just about 9. I need to wrap this up before I fall asleep typing this!

JFT, 8-17-18

1. Log/Prelog food
    2. Up by 615
    3. Yoga!
    4. Food in crock before work
    5. Make lunches
    6. Work 8:15-5:15(FRIDAY!!!!!)
    7. Dinner/Dishes
    8. Pick up meds and garbage bags!!
    9. Spend time with the DH
    10. Bed whenever!!!!

I hope everyone has a great night!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited August 2018
    I can't find my post again!! SO I guess no goals for today ... NO! But, I did do OK all day ... worked my butt off mowing the entire lawn, which took me from 11 until 2:30! So when I am working outside ... no time to eat, other than grab a protein bar.
    Tonite though ... I want to eat!! I went to the grocery store and just picked up some chic for dinner, so I ate a good dinner (lots of calories for dinner, but since I didnt' eat much all day, I was OK with that). But I picked up TWO Rice Krispies treats for my daughter. Tonite, I decided, well, I would eat one of them. But I thought of @Bex, and looked up the calories first ..... 450 calories!!! So instead I had a weight watchers giant fudge bar for 90 calories! And now, I am drinking my water and sewing to take my mind off any more food! The kitchen is closed! But I think I need to stop buying those things for my daughter.. because it gets me in trouble. she can certainly go and buy her own if she wants it ... why am I doing this :s

Friday goals --- we are going to a used book fair, so we will be gone for a lot of the day, and then going to the fish fry. so I think I may skip a lot of goals, other than a few
    1. log food
    2. concentrate on water!!!

• mytime6630
    Bex953172 wrote: »

The sudocrem incident
    7o1grgkplte9.jpg
    It was much much worse, all over her bed, all over her clothes!

This is so funny .... but boy ... she is SO CUTE!!!!!
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    For today:
    House chores-½ points!
    30 minutes exercise ✅ first time in a week! I got out for a brisk 45 minute walk/jog and it felt awesome!
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise :( was under as I forgot half my breakfast
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs. ✅- 7 hours, not great but better

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs.
  • maryrobinson40
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    I can't find my post again!! SO I guess no goals for today ... NO! But, I did do OK all day ... worked my butt off mowing the entire lawn, which took me from 11 until 2:30! So when I am working outside ... no time to eat, other than grab a protein bar.
    Tonite though ... I want to eat!! I went to the grocery store and just picked up some chic for dinner, so I ate a good dinner (lots of calories for dinner, but since I didnt' eat much all day, I was OK with that). But I picked up TWO Rice Krispies treats for my daughter. Tonite, I decided, well, I would eat one of them. But I thought of @Bex, and looked up the calories first ..... 450 calories!!! So instead I had a weight watchers giant fudge bar for 90 calories! And now, I am drinking my water and sewing to take my mind off any more food! The kitchen is closed! But I think I need to stop buying those things for my daughter.. because it gets me in trouble. she can certainly go and buy her own if she wants it ... why am I doing this :s

Frgay goals --- we are going to a used book fair, so we will be gone for a lot of the day, and then going to the fish fry. so I think I may skip a lot of goals, other than a few
    1. log food
    2. concentrate on water!!!

@mytime 6630 ... So proud of you!
    🙌👏👏👏🌹
  • maryrobinson40
    As a whole, I did better this week than last week.
    I completed my JFT and I hope to keep improving.
    ❤❤❤❤
    Everyone... The ambulance took one of my brothers to the hospital. We're waiting to hear from our older living sister who lives in CHARLOTTE, NORTH CAROLINA.
    All of my siblings are older than me. There were 8 of us children. 4 boys, 4 girls. The eldest brother, and the eldest sister are already passed.
    I'm ok though, at least I think I am.
    But don't be sad for me. Just keep sharing the good stuff...baby getting into things, or cat shenanigans... Lol…
    Love you all🌹💝💝
  • maryrobinson40
    jeschepp wrote: »
    For today:
    House chores-½ points!
    30 minutes exercise ✅ first time in a week! I got out for a brisk 45 minute walk/jog and it felt awesome!
    Track food and exercise ✅
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups ✅
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise :( was under as I forgot half my breakfast
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs. ✅- 7 hours, not great but better

For tomorrow:
    House chores
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    Eat all servings of 5 food groups
    Meet 1200-1400 net calories, counting exercise
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Post here for accountability + sleep hrs.

@jeschepp Way to go!!! Hugs👏👏💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
  • mytime6630
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Studio - finish bags, make patterns for new quilt
    3. Groceries
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30

What kinds of bags are you making? Tote bags? I have so much fabric ... trying to find quick uses for charity items.
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Hugs @maryrobinson40 - hope your brother is ok.

Don’t know where the time went last night. I went to sleep really late after staying up a bit with the girls and then got late night munchies. Now they are back I’m ready to get back into some kind of routine!

Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - April to August challenges ❎ August challenge fail!
    - Renew yoga studio membership ❎ completely forgot, but will do it on a day I can make a class so I’m not paying for days I’m not using
    - Grocery shopping ✅
    - Haircut at 12 ✅
    - Pick up kids from airport (yippee!) ✅
    - Early night ❎ erm no!

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - April to August challenges
    - School uniform shopping (really really hate this - we have to go to a special shop for certain items and the queues are hideous and the prices astronomical, wish me luck!)
    - Chill out with my girlies!
    - Early night (priority!)
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited August 2018
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water ☆
    2. Studio - finish bags, make patterns for new quilt ☆/x
    3. Groceries ☆
    4. Brush and floss ☆
    5. Bed by 10:30 x
    JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Studio - make patterns for new quilt
    3. Pool
    4. Subway
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30

@mytime6630 The bags are nothing fancy. I try hard to do a lot of recycling, donations and purchases from thrift stores, etc. So a few weeks ago hubby tore out the butt in two of his dress work pants. They weren't mendable, the fabric meant they wouldn't make even ok rags, and they were not donatable. It hurt to just send them to the landfill so I decided to make buckets/bags/containers from them. Maybe I can put them into the shop at our guild's next show.