August 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    On a lighter note....

I have a work trip in October to Waukesha Wisconsin. I'd really love to catch one of our MFPers for dinner or perhaps even a run. If anyone is interested, holler.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    So I got this notice. I already pay for premium so I don't know what it means. Anyone else get this?
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @garygse loved that you made a full marathon for @KeepRunningFatboy . I thought about that yesterday.

I wondered what states he had left and if Oklahoma was one, i could perhaps one day run one for him. Hes got Texas now.

Can we add countries to the list. Ill do New Zealand with @ContraryMaryMary, @orphia has Asus covered...
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @garygse loved that you made a full marathon for @KeepRunningFatboy . I thought about that yesterday.

I wondered what states he had left and if Oklahoma was one, i could perhaps one day run one for him. Hes got Texas now.

Can we add countries to the list. Ill do New Zealand with @ContraryMaryMary, @orphia has Asus covered...

Absolutely ❤️👍
  • 5BeautifulDays
    5BeautifulDays Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Today was 5 more miles of awful humidity and hip/ankle discomfort, but completed. I need to go again tomorrow, but may do streets rather than trails. The place where I run is pretty rough due to rain right now, so I've been wearing my trail shoes. Unfortunately, my toes bang up against the ends and my callouses were accidentally removed a few days ago (I didn't warn the pedicurist before she did her dastardly deed!). Ouch. But I didn't want to mess up my pretty Mizunos, either, so I threw on an old pair of Guides with 200+ miles on them. I don't know the science of over-pronation or how many mms of drop...but I do know that unsquishy old shoes = pain. I'm retiring these guys to the "walk the dog" pile!

Fun stuff: ISFJ "the nurturer" which is appropriate since my hobbies/work are raising and teaching kids. :)

Also, I'm a Hufflepuff (with probably a fair splash of Ravenclaw) and my patronus is a Polecat (don't mess with Mama's kids).

I'm really sad to hear about Dennis. I didn't know him, but I was inspired by his story. I will hold him and his family in my thoughts and prayers on my next run.

exercise.png