55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Motivatedmartha....you stated perfectly my thoughts on making a life change livable! A healthy approach it is too!
    Thank you for your interpretation! It's mine too!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Motivatedmartha....you stated perfectly my thoughts on making a life change livable! A healthy approach it is too!
    Thank you for your interpretation! It's mine too!

:):) Working well for me so far :)
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Trina2040 wrote: »
    debtay123 wrote: »
    Trina2040- I love how you say that you need to log your food- sometimes others make it seem like it is so weird to do it- but for me- just seeing and knowing what I will be eating most of the time hels me. Even when I eat out if possible I go to the restaurant website and look at what I might possibly order(usually i will have 2 or 3 meals in mind) which fit my goals. PS I also love my fitbit as well-

Logging is not weird -- for me it's like balancing my checkbook. I have to keep track of my money and my calories. Checking restaurant websites to scope out the calorie counts is totally forward thinking. I also have to watch the sodium content and realized that most restaurant foods are evil sodium bombs. Bummer.

PS: I live and die by my Fitbit.

Cheers!
    Ditto!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great info and inspiration. 54 yo (closer to 55 at this point). Not fully post-menopausal here but getting close and a bit concerned how that will create more changes. I started on MFP 4-5 years ago with 'final 10 to lose' and haven't made it there. Of couse now it's 15 to goal.
  • janalo55
    janalo55 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post, but I have lost 87# to date. I still have about 50 to go. I am 63. I had a hysterectomy at 52 and was miserable and gained a ton of weight (OK, 140# is not a ton, but close enough!) with totally messed up hormones. I FINALLY found a doctor who helped. I am on bioidentical hormones (mostly testosterone) and feel awesome. I lost 72# before the hysterectomy and it has actually been easier this time. Probably because even then my hormones weren't right... after all, something was wrong or I wouldn't have had fibroids the size of a 6 month pregnancy.

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    This thread is da bomb-- I think it is good to kind of realize what we need to do to lose or maintain with our weight loss journey. I have learned with age to NOT let everyone know what I do such as exercise or a food journey because sometimes it can be looked down on- but I am learning not to CARE what others think as long as it is working form. heeheehee
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    turned 60 last week. That was an eye opener. I did not think it would be such a traumatic event but that # is a little scary. In celebration tho I decided that I needed to start wearing my stash of bikinis (hey summer skier is my name!) so yesterday I started with this little #. Yeah - there are quite a few "age" related things which I can point out about my body but overall it's nice to be able to get my 15 minutes of private sunbathing in and not feel like a whale. Just proof that us older gals CAN DO IT!!!!! And no - I probably would not wear this out in public but I feel ok posting it to our little group. I love how supportive everyone is here. Logging and weighing frequently and checking out menus. Yup - I am exactly with you. Maybe because of our age and experience we know what works for us best!

9c7yvzmxfet0.png

#goals :smiley:
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Agree w/solieco1!
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Hey, @countrycreek! Time for a bump! Anybody out there?
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I will @Trina2040! :)
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    🙋🏽‍♀️I’m still here!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Me too; just use my phone to log on most of the time so don't check in here.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I am still here as well- loss about.08 this week- I am thankful for the loss- You know it gets hard sometimes but we CAN and WILL do this!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!