WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Thank you Barbie for starting us off again this month! I am so glad you are making some small amount of progress. My prayers continue for your continued progress.

On the surface it looks like I had a great August. I did close all the rings on my watch each day and I did earn my special September badge on my watch. However, I lost .2 lbs which put me at a new low, which is too low.

My goals for September are the same, close all the rings on my watch every day, earn my special watch badge again this month and gain a couple of pounds.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Machka - Congrats on the loss! I am so glad to hear your husband continues to see some improvement. Beautiful daffodils!

Kylia - Have a great time on vacation. Try to have at least a few days with no work so you can truly recharge and go home rested.

Hubs and I won't accomplish much today. College football kicks off today and we will be watching from 11 am until it finishes. I will get in my walk while I am watching, so I'll do slightly more than sit in my recliner :smile: .

My bland eating has helped get me back on track. No heartburn at all for the last two weeks while I have eaten (extremely) low fat and bland food. I added back some more fat (getting back to my normal) and acid (yeah for red wine vinegar on my salad again!!!!) and did fine. Today I shall attempt 1/2 iced tea 1/2 water and see how that goes. We have a neighborhood fish fry next weekend. I will take a big salad for the pot luck and probably take some turkey or grilled shrimp to put on mine. I don't think I'm brave enough yet to tackle a fried meal. Calorie wise it would be welcome, but I'm afraid the deep fried is still pushing it. I will wait on that for a while longer.

Okie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Thanks for a new month Barbie!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    Thanks Barbie
    Goals September:
    High fiber diet
    Walk daily
    Good sleep habits
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Thanks Barbie I agree with you for sure, September is the new January! Something about the air changing, the sky seems a little clearer, NY is a beautiful place in the fall, especially the Hudson Valley where I live. I suppose it just lures you in and then you're trapped in .....winter........ :/

Anyway, like every teacher out there, I've got plans, and goals and hopes and dreams for the new year ;) But for the purpose of staying fit and healthy (and yes, I'd like to be back at my maintenance weight) here are my Sept. goals to keep me accountable here:

1. Exercise in some way everyday
    2. Stretch every day
    3. Meal prep and eat home cooked food and coffee
    4. Log my food (yes, I haven't been logging, so back on the horse I git!)
    5. Journal every day, gratitude and tasks are included in this

Beth hope the healing continues for your son this month, now that he's home. After he is better, will he return to his place?

Allie you've had a lot to handle, I hope you can sneak to the beach for a little sunshine, you deserve it.

NYKAREN

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,812 Member
    Saturday -- it was a bit more like winter than spring today so we rode inside. My husband did one loop on Zwift's flat route, and I did two.

Distance: 21.06km
    Elevation: 122m
    Moving Time: 48:30
    Elapsed Time 48:30

............................. Avg ................ Max
    Speed .................... 26.1km/h ........ 46.1km/h
    Heart Rate .............. 132bpm .......... 148bpm
    Cadence ................. 75 .................. 107
    Power ..................... 92W ............... 170W

Machka in Oz
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,798 Member
    Hello September!

RV Rita
  • dandl1986
    dandl1986 Posts: 94 Member
    Thank you Barbie for keeping me on track for September!

For August, I lost 1.6 pounds which was somewhat disappointing. I lost overall three inches though which was not a goal, but was good to see. I have increased all my exercise times (and even got the DH to join in). I have gotten out of the house more both for fun and for exercise using some of the local walking trails. I have an appt with a nutritionist in two weeks to help me learn how to diet while still managing the diabetes and liver disease. I have an appointment with do at the end of the month for overall health panel. And, I have a class on weight management scheduled for the beginning of Oct. My overall number for fasting blood sugar are once again in the average range (high average, but acceptable and much improved).

Goals for Sept.:
    1. Lose 3 pounds
    2. Increase walking to 10,000 steps at least 3 times a week
    3. Do full workout videos at least 3 times a week
    4. Increase time on machines to 15 minutes each at least 3 times per week
    5. Move up to 3 lb weights and add ab reps this month 3 times per week
    6. Drink a lot more water daily
    7. Continue to get out with people at least once per week
    8. Figure out ways to meet my protein goal by working with nutritionist and dr (talk with him about possible depression at appointment, but I do feel better lately)
    9. Scrapbook at least 5 pages
    10. Begin using the horse dummy my husband built me (get over my fear of falling while dismounting so I can eventually ride again)

Best of luck to all on meeting your Sept. goals!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    the sheets came for the airstream, we'll see how they fit!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,780 Member
    Barbie--I agree this is a new month and a new beginning. Thanks for keeping us going and I pray this month is healing for you also.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Rita: DH wants to know what engine you have in your Bounder. We have a 454 GM.

Katla the Curious