September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld & @juliet3455 Thanks for the information. I'm all for feeling less drained at the end of a long run. I know I will have to play around with the run/walk ratio and see what works best for me. I imagine it will change as I run more and get more fit. I do think it will help with my mental confidence to do longer runs and survive. Being older (59) I am hoping it will help reduce injuries too.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Avidkeo I love your view this morning. Even with a blowing gale, it's beautiful. I, too, hate getting out and running, or doing anything else, in the rain and wind. I hope it calmed down a little and you were able to get your run in.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to @eponine1984 and @workaholic_nurse ! And to the rest of the September babies.
  • quilteryoyo
    edited September 2018
    Options
  • quilteryoyo
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Trying the ticker. Let's see if this works.

exercise.png

First try didn't work. Second one did. BTW, is there no way to delete a post once you saved it? I tried to delete the above fail, but couldn't figure out how.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @workaholic_nurse
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Trying the ticker. Let's see if this works.

exercise.png

First try didn't work. Second one did. BTW, is there no way to delete a post once you saved it? I tried to delete the above fail, but couldn't figure out how.

Nope, you can edit for up to an hour, but not delete.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Nope, you can edit for up to an hour, but not delete.

Well then, guess we'd better review and re-review before hitting that post button. At least we can correct a typo. Hopefully I won't ever post something on here I wish I hadn't.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Well then, guess we'd better review and re-review before hitting that post button. At least we can correct a typo. Hopefully I won't ever post something on here I wish I hadn't.

@quilteryoyo That's where the edit button comes in handy. Delete all the material and insert a emoji then save it.
    Of course there's always one of us who might be online and catch it (quote function) and torture you >:)o:) with it - in good humor that is.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Any recommendations for a hand-held water bottle? I've never run with one but as my runs are getting longer I'm thinking it would be good to give it a go. Plus I super don't love all the disposable cups at races. I was looking at this one, but $21 for a water bottle makes me sad. ETA: This also looks interesting, but maybe too small? Second edit: This seems cool, but maybe awkward with high-waisted compression shorts? Maybe a belt instead?