JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wed

I'm home sick today, so I'm keeping it super simple.
    • Eat 3 meals - no mindless munching

Mostly I plan to sleep today.

It looks like there are several other teachers on here. Good luck to everyone just starting back to school!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    JFT - Wed

It looks like there are several other teachers on here. Good luck to everyone just starting back to school!

Awww... I'm sorry you're not feeling well... Hope I were there to help. 🙏🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹💜
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hey all, didn't really stick to my goals today. I'm so busy! I kept munching on the MILs cake, I didn't even cut a slice I just got a fork and ate from the cake. Gross I know. Anyway I've binned it now lol, just get rid of the damn thing!
    Gone into total Mum Mode getting everything sorted. Changed a few sizes on her uniform so everythings perfect. Downstairs has been cleaned hoovered and mopped! She's been bathed, hair washed dried and straightened.
    And I've got everything laid out down to the bobble and bow she's gonna have in her hair!
    I'm gonna grab a shower tonight and get all my makeup out of the car ready for morning!
    Don't think I could be more prepared! Glad she's having hot dinners and not pack lunches!

Anyway last few bits to tidy upstairs and then it's time for bed for me!
    I've not had to get up for school for over 10 years now LOL, not long enough!

This was my biggest problem as when the girls started school. I hated getting up. By the time they were in the middle of grade 1 and grade 3 we had moved out here and I was working nights. They had to get themselves up and ready to go mostly. My husband and I would meet in the doorway as he was leaving and tell me where they were in being prepared and I would go finish it up. Just typing that made me realize the massive responsibility they had at such a young age! I think I owe my girls an apology for making them grow up too fast!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

9/4/2018
    []Log every bite :)
    []Stay in the green :)barely, but made it! It's hard when you have absolutely NO activity points!
    []September budget >:)
    []Shut down drama. (You can't have 3 kids, 3 stepkids, 18 grandkids & 4 great grandkids without a little drama in your life. They need to leave me out of it!) :)Avoided like the plague! Everyone left me alone today, so happy me!
    []Join Half Size Me in morning before registration closes :DI did it! I joined today. I'll let you know how it goes. I like her podcasts, so thought I'd give it a try.
    []Spend 15 minutes on digital photo project :)
    []Do physical therapy exercises for hip :)
    []JFT Challenges: April Water :) / May 15 min outside >:) / June Mindfulness :) / July Planning ;) (kinda?) / August Evening Snack :) Kitchen closed at 8:30 / September 5 per day :) (3 svgs of spaghetti squash, cucumber from garden, 1 c blueberries and 1 banana.
    []Gratitude journal / Calm app / Read Will be doing this in about 20 minutes as soon as America's Got Talent is over.

I go for my 2 week postop follow up appointment with surgeon tomorrow morning. I'm crossing my fingers that he tells me I can start weaning off crutches and bearing some weight on my leg. I am so OVER these crutches!

I'm sorry I didn't get on here this morning. I got distracted and ended up down the rabbit hole I call Pinterest! Oh my gosh, if I had an ounce of talent there are so many cool things on there!

JFT 9/5/2018:
    • Log every bite, no matter how bad it is.
    • Follow-up with surgeon
    • September budget
    • Turn negative self-talk to positive.
    • Drama-free zone...
    • PT exercises for hip
    • JFT Challenges: April Water / May 15 min outside / June Mindfulness / July Preplanning / August P.M. Snacking / September 5 per day
    • Look at "Back to Basics" on Half Size Me
    • 15 minute digital declutter
    • Gratitude journal / Calm App / Read

I am so happy to see they left you alone! I am so torn this year I have 3 or 4 favourites on America's Got Talent, I think this has been the most talented year yet!
  • Snowflake1968
    edited September 2018
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday Sept 4
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 336
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :/ I had an extra slice of toast, but I was hungry and had over 400 calorie left when I had it
    5 Fruits/Veggies - :)
    Walk if weather permits - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Move every hour at work, reinstate 10 Somethings? - :/
    Yoga or Pilates - NO EXCUSES - >:) - I need to come up with a better schedule, by the time I get home make supper, clean up, go for my walk, get back again I am tuckered out. Then when I might be ready hubby is in bed sleeping, since the craft room is right beside the bedroom, I don't want to disturb him. I move more in the evening than I do all day!

JFT - Wednesday Sept 5
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    5 Fruits/Veggies
    Walk - possibly, will be selling today so will have lots of steps in
    Write in Journal
    Move every hour at work, reinstate 10 Somethings?
    Yoga or Pilates - NO EXCUSES

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5

The Calgary guy is coming up today and Friday to try to get some business up here. I don't know what his plan is, but he says he's coming Friday too and told me he will be here either 2 or 3 days a week from now on. We'll see if that holds true.

The Grands are coming tonight I can't wait to hear about Jonah's first day of Grade 2 yesterday. He is in a grade 2/3 split which may be beneficial to him. Lauryn says he also has a stand up desk.... I can't wait to hear how that works!

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    JFT - Wed

Hope you feel better soon!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    What a morning!
    She's in! She tried everything to avoid getting ready this morning. I woke up at 7 but gonna set my alarm earlier for 6.30 maybe as I didn't have chance to walk the dog. And was cutting it a bit fine!

Anyway leaving her was okay. She wanted us to stay a little bit so we introduced her to some girls and then said our goodbyes!

Me and my partner then went shopping. Firstly just to the butcher and because Marley had a massive poo en route he parked in the multi-story and just quickly ran down to get some meat. He was probably about 30 mins.
    Except I fell asleep!
    In the car LOL, an old man who was parked next to me said he tapped on the window but I didn't wake. And so he went and got security LOL he thought I might need medical assistance. Needless to say, I was mortified.

But other than that, all good!

Awe think of the story you can tell Saskia about her first day of school! Those are the memories that mean the most in the long run!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,492 Member
    Options
    Still behind reading JFT posts since the weekend. Finally settled in my new workstation, computer preferences set up, and getting along with new office-mate. Like I said yesterday, I'll catch up reading posts later.

Recap T 9/4/18 ~ Rest day b/c thunderstorms before work + sad dog. More rain in evening + sad me. :'(
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 8,717 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 & 31 floors :smile:
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green = Net calories green, sodium -136, sugar -1. fiber & protein good. :smiley: 9c water :/
    3) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS :s / RETAINERS :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :neutral: bed early & fell asleep w/ TV on

JFT W 9/5 ~ Can't believe it's the 5th of Sept. already! Rain showers again this morning prevented dog walk before work & sad dog. Maybe this evening.
    1) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / more water!
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Progress on work assignment (no sluffing off)
    4) After work: mail bday card / walk dog weather permitting / to-do's
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog Th before work)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday Recap
    1. Be kind :)
    2. Don't take peoples crap so seriously :)
    3. Log all food :) just logged and did not eat enough yesterday, blah, this is a bad habit I'm getting into and totally foreign to me.
    4. Drinks LOTS of water and let your muscles recover :)
    5. Pick up hot tub chems :)
    6. Cook dinner at home :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. Don't take peoples crap so seriously
    2. Be kind
    3. Lots of water
    4. Eat enough food!
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. FIND SCALE
    7. Unpack 3 boxes
    8. Wind down 8:30 - make some sleepy tea and watch tv in living room, avoid screen time in bedroom.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Hey all, didn't really stick to my goals today. I'm so busy! I kept munching on the MILs cake, I didn't even cut a slice I just got a fork and ate from the cake. Gross I know. Anyway I've binned it now lol, just get rid of the damn thing!
    Gone into total Mum Mode getting everything sorted. Changed a few sizes on her uniform so everythings perfect. Downstairs has been cleaned hoovered and mopped! She's been bathed, hair washed dried and straightened.
    And I've got everything laid out down to the bobble and bow she's gonna have in her hair!
    I'm gonna grab a shower tonight and get all my makeup out of the car ready for morning!
    Don't think I could be more prepared! Glad she's having hot dinners and not pack lunches!

OMG! I laughed out loud when I read how you were eating cake with a fork right from the cake plate/pan! I cannot tell you how many times I have done that...then I have to eat just a smidge more with my fork to try to make it look even so my husband "won't notice" and will think it was cut with a knife! BWAHAHA! Probably eaten the equivalent of 70 cakes in my lifetime doing that! hahaha!

Sounds to me like you did a good job getting ready for everything in the morning. Hope it all went smoothly!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options

OMG! I laughed out loud when I read how you were eating cake with a fork right from the cake plate/pan! I cannot tell you how many times I have done that...then I have to eat just a smidge more with my fork to try to make it look even so my husband "won't notice" and will think it was cut with a knife! BWAHAHA! Probably eaten the equivalent of 70 cakes in my lifetime doing that! hahaha!

Sounds to me like you did a good job getting ready for everything in the morning. Hope it all went smoothly!

LOL I did do that and when I realised he wasn't eating any I just ate it however!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Don't take peoples crap so seriously
    2. Be kind
    3. Lots of water
    4. Eat enough food!
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. FIND SCALE
    7. Unpack 3 boxes
    8. Wind down 8:30 - make some sleepy tea and watch tv in living room, avoid screen time in bedroom.

I LOVE this! I hope you don't mind if I steal this one!

I hope your move is going well. Sounds like you are getting there one step at a time. Glad your landlord gave you more time! Moving is a pain in the butt!
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'm all caught up! Holy crow, there was a lot of stuff going on while I was MIA! So, here goes my attempt at supporting everyone. :smile:

@mytime6630 THank you for the well wishes! I missed you, my friend! My go-to dish for potlucks is almost always a fresh fruit bowl. Usually it gets eaten right up...how lucky to have so much left over to bring home! I love fresh fruit as a snack. I wish I could follow your advice to shut myself in my sewing room to get away from drama! However, it's currently in the basement and I can't physically get down there yet! I'm hoping to have Tim bring my sewing machine upstairs in the next few days though as my leg gets more flexible.

@Faebert How'd class go? I was almost drooling looking at the picture of the cake you made and thinking about the freshly baked bread! Mmmm. I'm excited for autumn baking...we go apple picking and I enjoy baking apple bread, pie, cake, crisp, etc. I'm so sorry to hear about your sister needing another MRI! Did they find another mass? If you have any questions or need someone to vent to, please feel free to send me a private message. I am a Stage III breast cancer survivor (bilateral mastectomies, 5 months of chemotherapy (3 different kinds) and radiation therapy), so I know quite a bit about the journey. It sucks, and I am praying for her. :heart:

@bcTRAI Hi!!!! You started another quilt? That will be the 3rd one and I haven't even finished Bex's yet! LOL! I hope all is well with you my friend.

@Bex953172 Bex, Bex, Bex. Where do I even begin! You make me laugh in one post and want to hug you with the next! Thank you for posting a pic of Casey for us Aunties! She looks like a beautiful porcelein doll. Her skin is perfect! I'm glad to hear that school went well today! Which days will you have alone time with Casey? I think that will be such precious time for you to be able to really bond with her. I had 3 kids so close together that I didn't ever really get that time alone with any of them...especially since my first two kids were twins.

@slittlemeister I'm so sorry to hear you had food poisoning! Holy cow! That is nasty stuff! Sounds like you had a lot of fun at this last wedding though. I can see I'm going to have to start keeping an eye on you and your long days at work again! <shaking my finger at you!> :mrgreen:

@Snowflake1968 Your daughter did a nice job with your perm! How do you like it? Is it easier to style? I have only had one perm in my life and my hair turned out like a curly clown wig! I'm sure they are much better than they were way back then though! hahaha! I'm sorry to hear about your MIL. How is she doing? Glad to hear the Calgary guy is going to be coming out to help drum up business, but was sad to hear about your new venture being postponed. :heart: So many good ones in all different venues of entertainment! (I love this show. Can you tell?)

@cschmitz110515 Sounds like you had a great Labor Day weekend! Good for you, putting MFP on hold. Sometimes a person's just gotta live, right? The storms and rain have been crazy around here lately. Hope you can get out for your walks soon so I can see "happy dog, happy me" in your posts again! :smile: P.S. Hoping when I heal up from this surgery and can start walking regularly again that I can talk to DH about getting another dog finally. He has been resistant because he still misses Jack, but he seems to be softening and pointing out different dogs to me as they go past the house on evening walks with their people. Hoping for a chocolate or silver lab puppy.

@HEGoddard0928 Hey girl! You have had a busy couple of weeks! Hope your ultrasound goes well and you are feeling better. Good luck to DH in his pursuit for a new career! Glad you have a new girl at work you enjoy and get along with. You mentioned "Thred Up" (at least I think it was you). I will have to google and check it out. Is that one of those places that mails you boxes of items that you can keep or return? Like they shop for you?

@jeschepp You jogged! You were jogging! You are a jogger!!!! Whoop Whoop!!! I love the 'What about Bob' reference! LOL! That movie is hilarious! Anyway, good for you! I would be in shock if I could ever do that! I have to tell you, I look forward to your Daily Gratitude items. I have a gratitude journal and write it in at night--5 things I'm grateful for that day. Sometimes it's simply that we have hot water and a shower. Other days it's something way cool. But every day I end the day on a positive note. :blush:

@crazyjerseygirl I'm going to have to take a look at the "Walk to Mordor" app! Sounds fun! Did you find a gym? After I heal from this hip thing, I'm going to look around here at my options. I have a membership at Planet Fitness, but I'd like to check out a few more to see what they have to offer. I need a LOT of motivation to get there... LOL

@nickssweetheart I can absolutely empathize with the new job thing! It's so hard to learn a new job and even though I'm really happy I made the move, it's a whole new level of stress to try learning something new! My weight has gone up rather than down... Hang in there! We've got this!

@Saragirl2 Welcome back! I joined Half Size Me yesterday! I've got lots of things to read and webinars to watch to figure out what it's all about. Love the podcasts though. Today I plan to do the Getting Started for the Final Time course and then start the Back to Basics challenge. Thank you for pointing me in Healther's direction! Hope you are well! I miss you when you're gone!

@josephinebowman Hope you're healing well after your eye surgery. Did you have cataracts or something different done? I have to do the cataract surgery but not quite yet. Anything done to my eyes freaks me out! I had to laugh at your reference to not losing weight after your haircut because your hair wasn't that heavy! HAHAHA! If only it were that easy, right? I'd shave my head and make sure my legs were always smooth too!

@Falcon Congratulations on the weight loss! And what a fun way to lose...playing table hockey I think you said? Way better than gnawing on celery. :wink:

@MLS1582 Feel better soon! Timing just stinks, doesn't it?

@maryrobinson40 Congratulations on your 4000 steps! Good for you! That's awesome. You just keep it up, missy! I want to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your brother. We are still trying to come to grips with the sadness of losing my BIL a few weeks ago. HUGS to you, sweetie. :heart:

@Sunnyme333 Welcome! If there were an Emotional Eater club, I think I'd be president! LOL! It's a huge struggle, especially since I've had problems trying to be active for the past 7 years! I'm hoping when I heal from this hip repair that I can fool myself into thinking I enjoy exercise more than eating when I'm upset! :mrgreen:

@cesse47 Congrats on your BINGO win! I used to go to the Casino here in Green Bay and play BINGO. LOVE IT! :smile:

@clicketykeys One word...WOW! You are a firecracker! I get tired just thinking about doing half of your JFT's! You go, girl!

I hope I got everyone! Sorry for taking up an entire page of my own on here, but I have a lot of time on my hands right now! bwahahaha! :innocent::naughty::wink:
  • Bex953172
    edited September 2018
    Options

@Bex953172 Bex, Bex, Bex. Where do I even begin! You make me laugh in one post and want to hug you with the next! Thank you for posting a pic of Casey for us Aunties! She looks like a beautiful porcelein doll. Her skin is perfect! I'm glad to hear that school went well today! Which days will you have alone time with Casey? I think that will be such precious time for you to be able to really bond with her. I had 3 kids so close together that I didn't ever really get that time alone with any of them...especially since my first two kids were twins.

I will have Mondays and Tuesdays with Casey :)
    Tbh today the house was so quiet! Even with just her and Marley!
    It was weird lol. Saskia totally made up for it when she got home though, super cheeky.
    I wish I had skin as perfect as Caseys! Lol! And it's nice to have bonding time with Marley too. We've had lots of fun today :)

Oh and we have full rolls from Casey now!
    I put her down on the floor in the girls bedroom, realised I had the wrong size nappy so went to get the right one and I came back and she was on the other side of the room LOL!
    I had to thoroughly question the other girls into whether they had moved her!
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Seeing FIND SCALE on your list absolutely made my day! My family did a half move this past month (hubby is starting a new job 3 hours away, so he moved. Little man and I will join him next summer; though we'll spend weekends together) and I swear everyday there is at least one conversation about which house something is at or what box it did or didn't get packed in!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB thank you so much! I may well drop you a line. The MRI found more calcification so there is another biopsy on Friday. Hoping for more clarity after that. And amazing job catching up - I find it hard enough when I’m on every day!

@Bex953172 - how cute and grown up does Saskia look?! Hope she had the best first day.

We had the first day with all the children back at school today after two training days. I’m shattered but my class seem very sweet so I’m excited for a fresh year. After lots of conversations with my boyfriend about how hard it is to get time together we agreed to try and meet in the city after work halfway between our homes when I have childcare. So I went to meet him tonight. We had a nice time and I ate a burger and chips but had saved the calories for it so feel good that I stuck to the challenges! I took him a belated birthday cake to share with his colleagues too as I missed it when I had to go with my sister to an appointment.

Wednesday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Prep lunch and girls’ snacks ✅
    - Remember to take cake into work ❎ went home to see the girls first and picked it up then
    - April- sep challenges ✅
    - Leave work on time to go meet M ✅
    - Remember the cake! ✅
    - Dinner out - eat mindfully. ✅
    - Not too late home ✅ 11 not too bad!

Thursday goals
    - rest day
    - GP before work
    - April to September challenges
    - Early night

X
  • Bex953172
    Options
    My one and only goal for tomorrow is to groom the rabbit.
    Poor thing looks haggard.
    I've taken a "before" photo lol!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    4tz80t2zomz7.jpg

Here is Saskia on her first day :) she looks so much older than 4 doesn't kshe!

She is adorable!