JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    MLS1582 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 Yes, pickles totally count as a vegetable!

Reasons I will NOT make brownies tonight:
    1. The oven makes the house hot and we don't have A/C
    2. My spanks are already tight enough that when I pull them off I have to fight the urge to paint my face blue and white and run through the house waving them over my head while screaming "FREEEEDOOOMM!"
    3. I'm on track for today - no need to bugger that up!
    4. I'll feel really good in the morning when I wake up knowing that I didn't bugger things up today.
    5. They're kind of a pain to make.
    6. It won't just screw me up for today, because I'll keep eating them until the whole batch is gone which will likely destroy today AND tomorrow (I'd like to say that it'd mess up 4-5 days, but realistically I'd eat the whole batch between tonight and tomorrow).
    7. There are a million better things I could eat - like a bowl of cereal - easier to make; fewer calories; no hot house; only mess up today!

Thanks! I have a pickle I love as a side with baked potatoes. I think that will be my supper tonight. Hubby wants pizza
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I’ve done everything right today and randomnly feel really heavy and bloated!

Anyway, a good day for staying on track. Wrecked after a long day so have to post and run but love and hugs to all and will catch up in the morning.

Thursday goals recap
    - rest day ✅
    - GP before work ✅
    - April to September challenges ✅ so much fruit and veggies! Maybe why the bloat!
    - Early night ✅

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - April to September challenges
    - Print and label for next week
    - Do one display
    - Leave on time - hot yoga?
    - Early night

Night everyone xx

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    September goals
    Under 160
    Medication on track. I tend to forget a dose when unscheduled things pop up and then don't feel well.
    Studio twice+ / week
    Round Robin for Scrappy Bags satellite group
    Start big girl quilt for Miss C
    Declutter entry further.
    Accountability

Weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight: 240 lbs
    Mar 15, 2017: 199.0
    Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish
    Progress so far this year:

Sept 5 162.8
    Aug 29 164.8
    Aug 22 166.4
    Aug 15 167.4
    Aug 8 169.0
    Aug 2 167.6
    July 4 167.2
    June 6 168.4
    May 2 164.6
    Apr 4 167.7
    Mar 7 168.4
    Feb 7 171.6
    Jan 3 176.0
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,776 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    September goals
    Under 160
    Medication on track. I tend to forget a dose when unscheduled things pop up and then don't feel well.
    Studio twice+ / week
    Round Robin for Scrappy Bags satellite group
    Start big girl quilt for Miss C
    Declutter entry further.
    Accountability

Weekly weigh-in
    Starting weight: 240 lbs
    Mar 15, 2017: 199.0
    Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish
    Progress so far this year:

Sept 5 162.8
    Aug 29 164.8
    Aug 22 166.4
    Aug 15 167.4
    Aug 8 169.0
    Aug 2 167.6
    July 4 167.2
    June 6 168.4
    May 2 164.6
    Apr 4 167.7
    Mar 7 168.4
    Feb 7 171.6
    Jan 3 176.0

You are doing so well, even when you struggled you still maintained pretty well!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Today I went out to lunch with 10 friends from the gym - it one one of the friends birthday. I am faithful going to the gym ... something that I am proud of. I used to absolutely hate going ... now, I find my days are just much better when I start the day out this way before work. So this alone is a big improvement from last year.

So a friend took some pictures. I was sitting at the end of the long table.... and I am the only way where I can see "all" of me. And I hated the picture. I looked so fat ..... and then they posted it on facebook, and even explained that we were gym friends. There were 3 other ladies in the group ... also overweight, but all you can see is there faces. THeir bodies were hidden by the table.

So I came home really down and depressed. My husband did not go with me as he does not know them, but he was feeling the same the same way after eating almost a half of frozen pizza yesterday ... saying we have got to change our eating habits. My husband found some youtube videos -- (I am attaching the link to the one I watched today).

So maybe today, this was the wake-up call I needed. Last year, I lost almost 27 pounds, and kept most of it off. At the end of last year I needed to lose just 10 pounds to be out of the overweight category. Today , I need to lose about 15 pounds to reach that goal. So I haven't gained that much back ... and because I am so close to my goal, you know, the mind tells you that you look OK. That you really don't need to lose the weight. That you look pretty good for someone that is 67 years old. Until you see the picture.

So I know I wasted most of this year ... but then again... no. I did not waste it. I have kept trying ... I have pretty much maintained. I did not gain all 27 pounds back .... nor have I lost either.

But now is the time to step up .... get rid of those last 15-20 pounds, so I don't have to be embarassed having my picture taken. So I can learn to just eat normally , and not always be obsessed about my weight. So I don't have to walk and try and squeeze in my stomach so much that I can't breathe.

Here is the video I watched. Tonite.... we had baked chicken, brown rice, a bowl of fruit, and some peas. And .... I went out for a long walk, in addition to the gym this morning. Now .... I need to repeat this tomorrow!

(I don't like that in the post the guy is shirtless ... but trust me, he is wearing clothes in the video!). Hubby does lift weights (though he looks nothing like this guy), but he found this video ... and this guys videos actually give a lot of useful information/meal ideas/ tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z90ZIIxpK1s
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    JFT, thrus, Sept 6
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. do challenges :)
    4. lunch at a mexican place .... eat wisely! :) Only had 2 small chicken queseda wedges --- and water. No margarita!

Challenges:
    April Water :)
    May 15 min outside :) Went for a 45 minute walk
    June Mindfulnes :)
    July Planning :) -- tomorrow meal will be chicken/ rice, brocolli
    August Evening Snack :) It is now only 7:25, but I plan to skip my snack. We'll see how it goes. If I do have one, it will be a apple
    September 5 per day :) Fruit x 3, peas, lettuce, tomato

JFt, Friday, Sept 7
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. challenges
    4. work on denim quilt for homeless shelter -- my goal is to make 6 by the end of the year
    5. watch more youtube videos for motivation/ideas

Challenges:
    April Water
    May 15 min outside
    June Mindfulnes
    July Planning
    August Evening Snack
    September 5 per day
  • bcTRAI
    edited September 2018
    Options
    @mytime6630
    Hey you... you're right! Though you didn't get to where you wanted, last year really was a success. You've done good hon.
    The other thing that I've discovered this year is I'm older (don't laugh) and, not only does that make this challenge harder, I've lost 3" in height which means I'm supposed to weigh less than I even was aiming at. :(:s
    Keep up the good work.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630
    Hey you... you're right! Though you didn't get to where you wanted, last year really was a success. You've done good hon.
    The other thing that I've discovered this year is I'm older (don't laugh) and, not only does that make this challenge harder, I've lost 3" in height which means I'm supposed to weigh less than I even was aiming at. :(:s
    Keep up the good work.

I agree! The fact we are still here, still trying, not giving up, is a great success! I think the fact that @mytime6630 likes to go to the gym and even goes to lunch with gym friends is huge! I pay for a membership that I never use...so be proud of that accomplishment!

@bcTRAI Isn't that a bummer when you find out you've lost inches? UGH! I feel your pain.

<3
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB @mytime6630 Yup, that 3" in height means I should weigh 20 more pounds less but I think I'm going to aim at the 150, see how I feel, sit there for a while, and then decide what I'd like to do. My BP has been acting up. Apparently seeing stars can be one of them indications to get it checked more often. I was at the pharmacy during one starshow so I took a measurement. The pharmacist turned white as a ghost when it came up 80/35. Hubby wouldn't stick around to remeasure it again.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Today I went out to lunch with 10 friends from the gym - it one one of the friends birthday. I am faithful going to the gym ... something that I am proud of. I used to absolutely hate going ... now, I find my days are just much better when I start the day out this way before work. So this alone is a big improvement from last year.

So a friend took some pictures. I was sitting at the end of the long table.... and I am the only way where I can see "all" of me. And I hated the picture. I looked so fat ..... and then they posted it on facebook, and even explained that we were gym friends. There were 3 other ladies in the group ... also overweight, but all you can see is there faces. THeir bodies were hidden by the table.

So I came home really down and depressed. My husband did not go with me as he does not know them, but he was feeling the same the same way after eating almost a half of frozen pizza yesterday ... saying we have got to change our eating habits. My husband found some youtube videos -- (I am attaching the link to the one I watched today).

So maybe today, this was the wake-up call I needed. Last year, I lost almost 27 pounds, and kept most of it off. At the end of last year I needed to lose just 10 pounds to be out of the overweight category. Today , I need to lose about 15 pounds to reach that goal. So I haven't gained that much back ... and because I am so close to my goal, you know, the mind tells you that you look OK. That you really don't need to lose the weight. That you look pretty good for someone that is 67 years old. Until you see the picture.

So I know I wasted most of this year ... but then again... no. I did not waste it. I have kept trying ... I have pretty much maintained. I did not gain all 27 pounds back .... nor have I lost either.

But now is the time to step up .... get rid of those last 15-20 pounds, so I don't have to be embarassed having my picture taken. So I can learn to just eat normally , and not always be obsessed about my weight. So I don't have to walk and try and squeeze in my stomach so much that I can't breathe.

Here is the video I watched. Tonite.... we had baked chicken, brown rice, a bowl of fruit, and some peas. And .... I went out for a long walk, in addition to the gym this morning. Now .... I need to repeat this tomorrow!

(I don't like that in the post the guy is shirtless ... but trust me, he is wearing clothes in the video!). Hubby does lift weights (though he looks nothing like this guy), but he found this video ... and this guys videos actually give a lot of useful information/meal ideas/ tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z90ZIIxpK1s

First and foremost-you are perfect JUST as you are, right now. Get healthy, lose the weight because you are good enough to deserve it, not because you need to look a certain way to be "ok." This has been a harsh lesson I've had to learn, but I have found that health goals come easier when they are fueled by hope and self-love over shame and self-punishment. You are so amazingly strong! You pick up your group members when they are down and struggling, you have learned to set yourself as a priority, and you are bona fide hardcore gym rat. Impressive! If you wouldn't talk to a friend with those words, don't talk to yourself that way. You are good enough! Much love to you my soul sister.
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Back on track today! Wasn't easy, but I kept thinking about how I'd be logging and checking in so I pushed myself and stuck to my meal plan. Very proud of myself. Had a great day at work to boot! I have a coworker who had a doctor's appointment and was strongly encouraged to eat healthier. She asked me for some advice, and I offered to walk her through the habits I've learned that have helped me. I am excited to share and hopeful I might have a health buddy!

Also thinking of @maryrobinson40 and hoping today went alright.

For today:
    30 minutes exercise :( still fighting this cold! Hoping tomorrow I'll be back in action. I've missed my walk/jogs!
    Track food and exercise ✅
    5 good groups ✅ First time in several days YAY
    Water challenge-80 oz. ✅
    Gratitude: today I am thankful for motivation from both those who are struggling and those who are succeeding. The former reminds me that I don't need to be perfect, just moving in the right direction (progress not perfection!) and the latter for motivating me towards what I want to be
    Post here for accountability ✅

For tomorrow:
    30 minutes exercise
    Track food and exercise
    5 good groups
    Water challenge-80 oz.
    Daily gratitude
    Post here for accountability
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Dear "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"...
    I'm just kidding.
    Today wasn't a sad occasion, It was a home going celebration. Great music, I sang, I worshipped, and press
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Hugs @maryrobinson40 - you are so strong.

@mytime6630 - I think you should also remember that you have maintained most of that first loss this year through some significant life challenges. And that you have motivated and supported so may others in running this group. That in itself is lots to be proud of. I also wanted to say that those long table photos when you are nearest the camera are always the worst! I’m at a healthy weight - bottom of healthy BMI - and have seen pics of me like that and hated them! We are all here to support you and we can together make sure the rest of this year we all smash it.

@bcTRAI - look after yourself. Seeing stars and low blood pressure doesn’t sound good. Def keep an eye on it.

@jeschepp - great job staying focused!

I had the strangest night. Woke up with the cat and was convinced it was time to get up. Had coffee and pre workout fruit, then saw it was only just gone midnight! Then was really hungry and ate more snacks! Went back to bed and now up for morning workout but feeling very tired, confused and a bit queasy. So strange and mildly annoying too as I ended up eating too much and sleeping too little. Never the best combination!

Wish me luck getting through today! Will be back in later.

Love to all x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,083 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 you've done amazingly! Okay so you've not lost much this year but you have maintained. So when you do lose those 20ish lbs you'll KNOW you can keep it off too!
    Sometimes I wonder if maintaining is harder than losing or gaining!

@maryrobinson40 I'm glad the day went well for you and your family xx how is your daughter

And do we seriously lose inches in height when we get older?!
  • MLS1582
    MLS1582 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 Not quitting is a HUGE accomplishment in itself! It sounds like you've done really well for the past few years, and I have to imagine your faithful trips to the gym have kept you stronger and more mobile* than you'd otherwise be. If this is what motivates you to do more, great, but don't every underestimate how much you already do and have done.
    *I'm always amazing by how much easier it is to move around having lost some weight and maintaining regular exercise. Simple things like standing up from a sofa, squatting down to tie a shoe, and moving through a crowd of people still surprise me sometimes when they aren't as hard as they used to be.

Yesterday was a pretty good day for me. It was nice to get back to my routine. I did have a snack last night, but I did NOT make brownies. I did my 10 minute leg workout and I worked my abs. I didn't walk, because I'm still not quite 100%

JFT - Friday
    • Eat 3 times - no snacking
    • 10 minute workout
    • ab workout
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM speed run: 12 laps, timed on even laps 2-10, aim for <1:40. Feed cats. Flexibility sequence. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Find a blog post written in September and comment. Make coffee. Write discussion comments. Finish Week 7. Grade 2nd narratives. Input grades. Return narratives. Homeroom voting.
    3. Class 2-3: Type project work. Organize study guides. Create Kahoot account. Figurative Language. Vocabulary? Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment).
    4. Class 4 - Type project work. Put extra handouts away.
    5. Print PFs for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Take red cup home!
    6. Update class websites. Have K use keys to mark student work.
    7. QUIZ. Zumba 5:30. Draft essay. Fold laundry while watching Good Place. Get help setting up YT on TV.
    8. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions (7). Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Friday
    1. AM long run: 20 laps, aim for <1 hr. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Find a blog post written in September and comment. Make coffee. Finish Week 7. Draft week 8. Clean out the cup. Bring the cup home.
    3. Class 2-3: Create Slides. Vocabulary. Create character designs? (Make part of character assignment). Finish challenge book.
    4. Class 4 - Type project work. Create Slides. Check on progress reports.
    5. Parent calls for no prior contact AND for students with INCs and/or other concerns. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Create key for Possessives worksheet. Have K use keys to mark student work. Grade reflections and add to response document. Input grades.
    7. Dinner: shrimp bowls. Leave for theater by 6:45.
    8. Prep Sat lunch and dinner. Chop celery. Keep count of saag portions (7). Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018:
    Today: 185.6

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; create seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, creativity, responsibility, optimism - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Return mascara to Walmart with receipt. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about..
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB @mytime6630 Yup, that 3" in height means I should weigh 20 more pounds less but I think I'm going to aim at the 150, see how I feel, sit there for a while, and then decide what I'd like to do. My BP has been acting up. Apparently seeing stars can be one of them indications to get it checked more often. I was at the pharmacy during one starshow so I took a measurement. The pharmacist turned white as a ghost when it came up 80/35. Hubby wouldn't stick around to remeasure it again.

OH MY GOSH! That's not good, little missy! Have you talked to your doctor about this? I used to get lightheaded when I was sick and it was from being dehydrated. Ended up getting twice weekly IVs of saline. I think that is a good plan to try out 150 and see how it feels. I have a number in mind too, but I'm learning that it's really not about the number...it's more about how I feel! I'm older and maybe the number I want just isn't realistic or even the best thing for me anymore. (((HUGS)))
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Lots of water >:)
    3. Plan dinner for tomorrow - premade kabobs and twice baked potatoes from the deli counter and some steamed veggies? :) Need to replan again because I forgot theyre picky eaters and dont like chicken on the bone as I had planned grilled chicken quarters, asparagus and rice :D
    4. Cook dinner at home - eggroll in a bowl with white rice? :) Swapped broccoli slaw for my usual cole slaw and it was even better!
    5. Unpack 3 boxes >:)
    6. Add hot tub chems/filters :)
    7. Meds Am and PM :) / >:)

JFT Friday
    1. Be kind
    2. Lots of water
    3. Log all food
    4. Cook dinner at home
    5. Call both propane companies and decide on final provider - set up budget plan
    6. Call oil company and set up budget plan
    7. Be present
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Thursday (9/6)
    • Log every bite :)
    • PT exercises for hip :)
    • Don't take people's crap so seriously..keep things in perspective and consider the source. :)
    • Be a No-Drama Mama. :)
    • September bills/budget >:)
    • Join the "Back to Basics" challenge on HSMC :# Started watching videos but didn't officially join yet.
    • Start "Getting Started for the Final Time" on HSMC :# Started watching videos
    • 15 minutes of decluttering digital photos >:)
    • Monthly Challenges: April Water >:) / May 15 min selfcare :) / June Mindfulness :p / July Preplanning :) / August PM snacking :) / September 5 freggies per day >:) 1/5
    • Gratitude Journal :) / Meditation or Inspirational Reading :) / Read book :) / lights out 10:30 :)

On my way in a few minutes to the physical therapist to learn how to wean off of the crutches. Excited to learn what I can do now! Just posting quick and will hop back on later.

Just for Friday
    • Log every bite
    • Physical therapy appointment
    • No-Drama mama
    • September bills
    • Finish videos on HSMC
    • 15 minutes decluttering digital photos
    • Monthly Challenges April water / May 15 min self-care / June mindful / July Preplanning / August PM Snacking / September 5 freggies per day
    • Gratitude journal / Meditation / Read / lights out 10:30

Have a great day my friends!