Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    Kathryn, where are the cboys under that "palm tree"?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Weight up 1 pound but if you saw what I ate. New routine in place that will hopefully start chipping away at this.

Lana - how are you doing? Time to get that food monster back in the closet for awhile.

QOTW: What will you be working on this week?

AOTW: Walking 20 minutes after dinner, keeping the water intake better and keep the Potassium foods in the diet.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work. It is Monday after all. :s
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    AOTW: after a rough couple of weeks of not feeling well, am determined to get back on the exercise wagon this week. Have a gym session scheduled for tonight and a walk with a friend tomorrow.

Happy Monday all!

Tess
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Monday....ugh. Got all caught up. I hope all had a good weekend. I did not do well with the food aspect. Out twice....all the salt and my hands are chubby (:
    AOTW - Eat when hungry, make conscious decisions to only eat for the fuel my body needs.
    Twiley - congrats on the boot camp!
    Kathryn - that pumpkin is great! LOL it still seems too early for pumpkins...
    Snowflake - how was the "suprise" party?
    Eryn - glad you did not get hit. Feel horrible for all those flooded houses.
    Sarah - nice NSV!
    Lurking also from work!
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello, all!

QOTW: What will you be working on this week?

AOTW: Need to FINALLY get an exercise plan going. Going to get back to my Stronglifts program and start Couch to 5k back up again. Starting today! Going to go do these in about an hour (after my lunch settles). Also going to stick to my logging and calories.

So far so good today with the food choices, measuring stuff out, etc. Got to stay home from work today because I am going out of town for work this weekend, so have been able to take it easy. Yesterday I meal prepped lunches for the week - made this mexican skillet dish with zucchini, and a side dish of roasted sweet potatoes and onions.

I have two months until I go on vacation, and only a few months after that before I am in a wedding. I need to be able to fit into that bridesmaid dress!!

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Sara - I'm sure the Cboys were just out of the shot, off mixing up pumpkin spice stuff for the season....
  • hickchic67
    Options
    AOTW - trying to get at least 1 (hopefully more) extra mile of walking in every day. Trying to keep calorie count under control.

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    @brennerjlb - thanks for asking. It was wonderful! It was a dinner at Olive Garden, one of my favourite places. 16 people were there in person to celebrate with me. My youngest daughter knew that it was niggling at me that so many of my friends and family are in NB and I don't get to celebrate anything with them. She had everyone send video messages for me. I haven't seen it a second time yet as I need to meet up with her to get it from her, but it was about 10 minutes. There were a lot of pure happiness tears.

My new appliances only arrived about an hour before we had to leave the house so I came home from the party and plugged in the stove and fridge and put the food out of the cooler into the fridge. Yesterday was spent getting the house set to rights. It was a disaster! I did take time out to go to Ikea to get a new bath mat and shower curtain for the newly painted bathroom. I need to finish decorating the walls and the dryer is being delivered tomorrow, but it should all be good to go by Wednesday at the latest.

I actually am pretty proud that I didn't overeat on Saturday, I only ate about 1/2 of my meal and brought the rest home for lunch yesterday.

AOTW - I need to seriously think about winter meals and start getting some more exercise in again. I have been slacking and the slow progress on the scale is really showing.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    wxvkaeg6bmm7.png

ok, this pumpkin spice fad has gotten out of control... :D

that is too cute!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Olive Garden is almost always the "go to" place when I visit fam. Grandma's favorite! So yummy! I used to think, I always had to get a meal, to be full. But, we do Soup and Salad, usually an app (split among 4 people) and breadsticks. I very seldom get a refill on soup.

I received an Air fryer for my birthday. Brought it home and SO's immediate reaction was, "Take it back. It's not good if it's not full of grease" I'm excited to try it. Never used or had anything air fried. But, it's got to be better than lotsa grease, right?
  • hickchic67
    Options
    LOVE my air fryer! Look for ThisOldGal.com Air Fryer Recipe group on FB. That group has a lot of recipes, tips, and tricks for air fryers. You can pretty much make a healthier version of anything in an air fryer. But you do have to use a mist of oil sometimes to get a good crispness and/or keep from sticking. Just don't use spray like Pam, use oil.

It was hilarious first time i used it. i did a bunch of tater tots for the kids. they kept eating them but saying "this is so weird - they are so crispy crunchy but there is no grease or oil"
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Olive Garden is almost always the "go to" place when I visit fam. Grandma's favorite! So yummy! I used to think, I always had to get a meal, to be full. But, we do Soup and Salad, usually an app (split among 4 people) and breadsticks. I very seldom get a refill on soup.

I received an Air fryer for my birthday. Brought it home and SO's immediate reaction was, "Take it back. It's not good if it's not full of grease" I'm excited to try it. Never used or had anything air fried. But, it's got to be better than lotsa grease, right?

My daughter has an air fryer and absolutely loves it. Maybe I should add that onto my Christmas wish list.
    My favourite "meal" at Olive Garden is the lasagna fritta. I usually eat 3 for my meal and take the other 3 home for another meal.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Air Fryers have been on my list. Can I ask your brands? I think that might be my Christmas wish!
    Snowflake - that bday sounds awesome! The care they put into planning. That is very special!
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey all!! I did my second day of walking my virtual race even though I was sore and in pain from day 1!! So proud of myself. Had to wait until nighttime so it would be cooler. I can’t wait for winter!! I don’t know how northerners get used to southern summers at all!! I just can’t!! I iced my lower & upper back, my knee, and my shins when I got home... and I feel sore and stiff today, but not bedridden in pain. So, that’s good!!

AOTW: Going to strive for about a mile each day on virtual race. Will come home and NOT eat back the calories, but hydrate only. I also got my Diamond Painting order in. Going to use it to be busy during nights when insomnia is bad, but only if I did my exercise! Trying all forms of motivation. Keeping up water intake and doing best to stay under calories. Starting whey protein powder each day has made me less hangry for some reason. Glad for that!!

Hope the pics load correctly!! Thanks for allowing me to join your awesome thread!! You guys are pretty cool and checking in helps me to be more accountable!

Runa 🌺

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Ob/gyn called can I please pick up some meds? Okay, waiting I found a KIND pressed banana with chocolate, that one is pricey but I am enjoying it and a magazine cookbook from CookingLight One Dish Meals has casserole, slow cooker, stews and stir fries for a start. May be worth finding.... will let you know when I get a longer read.

Will stop by after dinner walk
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Back from walk.

Coworker had to put her dog down this weekend. Had cancer and the cost of treatment was way too high and dog was not doing well. Coworker's birthday is next week and I have her gift already so I added another facial sample and will give to her tomorrow instead. I also offered to have her come and visit Miss T if she wanted dog time.

Gave romance novels to lady I know who needs a distraction - I either read them already or wouldnt read them, hate to toss books if I dont have to.

Crazy day so I am going to watch Doc Martin on Acorn TV and call it a day.

Wishing all a good night.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Logged all my food today. Going to have to have a better plan for tomorrow lunch. Was starved when I got to my Mom's house to get the kids and go walk. So unfortunately I caved and grabbed a rice crispy treat. Did manage to get over 3.5 miles walking in. Hopefully I will have time tomorrow to get enough steps in to at least make an active goal. Setting the alarm to get a yoga workout in before work.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    LOVE my air fryer! Look for ThisOldGal.com Air Fryer Recipe group on FB. That group has a lot of recipes, tips, and tricks for air fryers. You can pretty much make a healthier version of anything in an air fryer. But you do have to use a mist of oil sometimes to get a good crispness and/or keep from sticking. Just don't use spray like Pam, use oil.

It was hilarious first time i used it. i did a bunch of tater tots for the kids. they kept eating them but saying "this is so weird - they are so crispy crunchy but there is no grease or oil"

Thank you! I will definitely check that out! I'm excited to try it!
  • arniedog74
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Air Fryers have been on my list. Can I ask your brands? I think that might be my Christmas wish!
    Snowflake - that bday sounds awesome! The care they put into planning. That is very special!

My Mom found this one, DASH is the brand. Never heard of it. But, she's been using hers and really loves it. It is a somewhat smaller version. But, I think it will be perfect for just SO and myself.