Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Walking every night is easier that I imagined as it is something I got used to and helps falling asleep etc.

I would consider an air fryer if I could find the counter space.

Off to rescue the oatmeal. Wave to all who follow. Lurking again from work.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,798 Member
    Options
    RunaMarti wrote: »
    Hey all!! I did my second day of walking my virtual race even though I was sore and in pain from day 1!! So proud of myself. Had to wait until nighttime so it would be cooler. I can’t wait for winter!! I don’t know how northerners get used to southern summers at all!! I just can’t!! I iced my lower & upper back, my knee, and my shins when I got home... and I feel sore and stiff today, but not bedridden in pain. So, that’s good!!

AOTW: Going to strive for about a mile each day on virtual race. Will come home and NOT eat back the calories, but hydrate only. I also got my Diamond Painting order in. Going to use it to be busy during nights when insomnia is bad, but only if I did my exercise! Trying all forms of motivation. Keeping up water intake and doing best to stay under calories. Starting whey protein powder each day has made me less hangry for some reason. Glad for that!!

Hope the pics load correctly!! Thanks for allowing me to join your awesome thread!! You guys are pretty cool and checking in helps me to be more accountable!

Runa 🌺

Are you using an app for a virtual race? Also, a friend of mine has started doing the diamond painting and loves it. Her projects have been beautiful when they are completed.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Back from walk.

Coworker had to put her dog down this weekend. Had cancer and the cost of treatment was way too high and dog was not doing well. Coworker's birthday is next week and I have her gift already so I added another facial sample and will give to her tomorrow instead. I also offered to have her come and visit Miss T if she wanted dog time.

Gave romance novels to lady I know who needs a distraction - I either read them already or wouldnt read them, hate to toss books if I dont have to.

Crazy day so I am going to watch Doc Martin on Acorn TV and call it a day.

Wishing all a good night.

Our local thrift store sells books 1.00 per hard cover and 25 cents per inch for paperbacks. I have a few authors that I absolutely will not get rid of as I will read them over and over, but all other books I donate there and then go buy another stack. I never spend more than a couple of dollars at a time.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 I am using the app Yes.Fit. I keep track of my walks using MapMyWalk and then add it to my route on Yes.Fit.
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think I inhaled a dozen plus Hershey kisses after work. It's one of the few candies that I can stand. Not super happy about that, but I think the stress of my overbooked day and then heat left me hangery. Have about 4500 steps left to get in and there's just not enough time in this day.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Went to the markets this morning. Got some fish milk and veggies. Toilet training my 3 y.o so a bit bored as we need to be home. I've just eaten a whole dip, made of cream cheese, not good. Will go for a walk this pm. Average weight now so pretty excited.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi all! About to head to bed but wanted to report on the day. Haven’t been sleeping well since last week but got up early today and got to work early. I am SO sore from my workouts on Monday so took a rest day today! Going to do the workouts again tomorrow after work. It’ll be another long day, but worth it!

Stuck to prepped meals for lunch and made a simple healthy meal for dinner. Still need to work on my snacking!

Anyway! Have a wonderful night all! I’ll check in tomorrow morning.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    ErynVee wrote: »
    Hi all! About to head to bed but wanted to report on the day. Haven’t been sleeping well since last week but got up early today and got to work early. I am SO sore from my workouts on Monday so took a rest day today! Going to do the workouts again tomorrow after work. It’ll be another long day, but worth it!

Stuck to prepped meals for lunch and made a simple healthy meal for dinner. Still need to work on my snacking!

Anyway! Have a wonderful night all! I’ll check in tomorrow morning.

Well done!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all - honestly, been in a bad mood for a few days. Just is. Had my first strength training workout in a long time last night, which helped. Still pretty cranky when I got home tonight so went for a long walk. That also helped — well, that and a serving of dark chocolate almond Bark Thins. Sigh...

Sometimes life is just a bit better with chocolate. Sleep well all.

Cheers,

Tess
  • manthamaz14
    manthamaz14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I’m a newbie. I’ve finally admitted to myself that I might benefit from a bit of a community to keep me on track. Serial starter could be my middle name.

Just reading posts for now to get a feel for the thread. Love the positivity and especially the realism! I’m inspired by people giving specific real life reports. It’s helping me be honest about my own habits.

Thanks and cheers :)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Wow see what happens when I shut off the computer early.....Eryn thanks for checking in. Welcome Manthamaz- stop by and post when you can.

Workouts have never been a win/win (they win my money :D ) I either feel like a train hit or I hurt something, so while I understand the idea and will cheer you on from the sideline - that will be the safest thing for me.

15-20 minute walk a day after dinner helps to clear my head and get those "feel good" chemicals starting.

Sale of "stuff" in work lobby - coffee cup that says "moment when I realize this is the circus and these are my monkeys" (not direct quote) - too close to home and too expensive. I will wait for the jewelry sale next month I think it is.

Lana - hope your trip to Long Island went well as hard as it is to do - regrets are like cancer, so try not to have too many....

Wave to all who follow. Lurking when I can.
  • htdavidson88
    htdavidson88 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good morning! My name is Heather and I was on WW on and off for the last 30 years, just never could make it click like I needed it to. Hope I can join in on here with y'all! Feel free to add me so we can help motivate each other!
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday all! The sun is finally out in DC - YAY!!!!

I pre-logged my food this morning including an educated guess on what will be on the lunch menu for a work meeting. That helps me see how much walking/exercise i need to do today. I was also inspired by those of you who pre-plan/prepare upcoming dinners on Sunday, so I have a good idea what dinner will be.

A new day, another chance to do better.

Hope you all have a good one,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Heather - you are welcome to stop by and post.

I have never figured out what "friending" or adding people on these boards does so I just dont, but that's me.

Tess - one of the first pieces of advice was "plan, plan, plan" and as much as I hate doing it, it keeps the voice away that tells me about the "calorie bombs" and why I should eat them. CookingLight magazine has recipes for strata so I will do a little research at work on that on my break. >:) hehehehe probably not my official break.

Almost time to scoot for work.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday. Pretty good week so far - eating healthy, some weakness along the way (chocolate) Weigh in at same as last week. Didn't do the best over the weekend, so i guess that will be ok for now. Have to make a more consistent effort.
    Out for dinner tonight with some friends. Probably a good thing the scale did not show success because then I would probably give myself a reward. Instead I will reward myself a different way - with something healthy for my body!

CW 197
    HW 209
    GW 170

T-45 weeks until my daughters wedding (:
    Lynn
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    tlsb2016 wrote: »
    Hi all - honestly, been in a bad mood for a few days. Just is. Had my first strength training workout in a long time last night, which helped. Still pretty cranky when I got home tonight so went for a long walk. That also helped — well, that and a serving of dark chocolate almond Bark Thins. Sigh...

Sometimes life is just a bit better with chocolate. Sleep well all.

Cheers,

Tess

It must be contagious! I too have been grouchy for a few days, my poor husband has been getting the brunt of it.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    brennerjlb wrote: »
    Happy Wednesday. Pretty good week so far - eating healthy, some weakness along the way (chocolate) Weigh in at same as last week. Didn't do the best over the weekend, so i guess that will be ok for now. Have to make a more consistent effort.
    Out for dinner tonight with some friends. Probably a good thing the scale did not show success because then I would probably give myself a reward. Instead I will reward myself a different way - with something healthy for my body!

CW 197
    HW 209
    GW 170

T-45 weeks until my daughters wedding (:
    Lynn

What date is your daughter's wedding again?
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Snowflake - August 3, 2019! I might be off a week or so on my countdown, but I think i am pretty close (: Yours?
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options

Hi All~~

It is so good to be home after three weeks of running around.

I don't even want to tell you what the scale said this morning. Yesterday I thought it was totally OK to eat 8 maybe 9 oatmeal pecan cranberry cookies--store made but almost homemade. Friends sent me home with them. Gah.

Although I love you all, I want to say Hey to Eryn. How did you do during the hurricane? I was blessed with no damage and only a bit of a mess with leaves and branches down. How did you do?

*tossing entire self onto lounge chair hoping a Cabana Boy will find me and bring me an umbrella drink and dinner!!*

Lana

245.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal