6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :neutral: Sometimes....
    - 3 bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - 5+ fruit/veg :smile:
    - 45 minute lunch break :neutral: Forgot that I only had 30 mins free... I took that though
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Duolingo & French podcast :neutral: 1/2. I didn't get the podcast done in the morning and brain was fried later
    - Finish work by 6.30pm LATEST :smile: Earlier - forgot I had a flu at 6!
    - Do the washing up! :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :/ No, was naughty and watched OITNB... It was out by 12 though

Today's commitments:

- Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - 3 bottles water
    - No alcohol

- 45 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo & French podcast
    - Finish work at 6.30pm
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Starting the day off kinda well, walked to school today, we walked down the canal which was nice!
    And then I got back, had a quick brew before I had to pop back out to go to physio, walking with the pram this time. Just got back and it's 12.15, I've not ate yet and already burned 338 cals!

I'm going to try this intermittent fasting! So from now till 8pm I can eat. And then nothing more till 11am tomorrow (started a bit late today)
    @mytime6630 have you thought of trying this to curb your night time snacking!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Recap T 9/18 gloomy day, scattered showers predicted
    1) Walked dog before work 3.53 mi 59:17 / NO stretching again, just forgot ~ oops :# = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / maybe pace during webinar? = Fitbit 15,646 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 (ate lunch & multi-tasked during webinar) & 39 floors :smiley:
    3) Breakfast, lunch & snacks prelogged / supper will be either: baked salmon & roasted Brussels sprouts, or ground turkey recipe & fresh green beans / net calories green / > 12c water = Decided on salmon & roasted Brussels sprouts, added corn on the cob & choc chip banana bar ~ yum! Net calories -3 :D , sodium green (yay!), sugar -24, fiber & protein good & 12c water :smiley:
    4) Evening: Get something done around house! :smiley: put up clothesline & pins, took out kitchen compost bucket & put away clean clothes
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / FLOSS REALLY :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / alarm on, in bed & TV off 10:20 :smiley: (walk dog before work W weather permitting & remember to stretch!)

JFT 9/19 W ~ Happy Hump Day! :D
    1) Walked dog before work 3.78 mi 1:03:32 (LED lights on vest stopped working :'( ) & saw 1 bunny / stretched after = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / > 12c water
    4) Evening to-do list
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / verify alarm, in bed & TV off 10:20 (may be rest day R due to weather)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY Tuesday, 9/18/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :/
    2) Stay as close as I can to "in the green" with my calories :/
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke :/
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)
    7) Bring husband to hospital for hernia surgery :) (Surgery went very well)

JFT Wednesday, 9/19/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay as close as I can to "in the green" with my calories
    3) Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    4) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    5) Work on orders from my shop
    6) Go to the gym
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday Sept 18
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - :) 145, but I'll take it!
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    5 Fruits and Veggies - :/ 4/5
    Exercise for 30 Minutes - :) Walked for an hour
    Move every hour at work - set timer if need be - :/ 4 out of 6
    Write in Journal - :/

Fruits and Veggies
    Sept 1st - 0/5
    Sept 2nd - 3/5
    Sept 3rd - 4/5
    Sept 4 - 5/5
    Sept 5 - 5/5
    Sept 6 - 4/5
    Sept 7 - 0/5
    Sept 8 - 1/5
    Sept 9 - 2/5
    Sept 10 - 2/5
    Sept 11 - 3/5
    Sept 12 - 2/5
    Sept 13 - 6/5
    Sept 14 - 3/5
    Sept 15 - 1/5
    Sept 16 - 1/5
    Sept 17 - 2/5
    Sept 18 - 4/5

Finally feel I had a better day yesterday. Still a bit high in carbs and my weight is still showing it on the scale.
    Sunny again today and then supposed to be rainy/snowy again tomorrow, Friday and Saturday. Will try to get a walk in again tonight.

Everyone has so eloquently put their feelings and struggles into words and I am truly inspired by reading your posts. So many of us are having the same struggle, just struggling to stay the course and make better choices and decisions one day at a time and for me sometimes one hour at a time!

I find boredom is my downfall, I need to keep busy or I eat. I know I'm not hungry, I tell myself that as I get something else to eat. Last night I got back from my walk and my husband had made himself some toast while I was out. It smelled so good, I fought with myself for about 1/2 an hour then made toast. He went to bed and I decided I had the calories for it so I would have my usual snack. I wasn't hungry, I just wanted it and didn't want to deny myself I guess. So I had my snack, 2 wedges laughing cow, wheat thins and grapes. THEN for some stupid reason I decide to have cheese melted on bread in the oven. I had the calories for it, but I didn't need it, I wasn't hungry at all! My weight loss is so slow and I know if I could just say no to myself I would be much happier with myself.

The Just Say No campaign worked on me as a teenager. No drugs for me! Maybe I need to play those old commercials in the background of my mind!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @royalty819 - Congrats on your loss as Bex said you did it once you can do it again. I have found this group so helpful especially through the struggles. It helps to know everyone else isn't perfect.

@maryrobinson40 - I just love you! I wish you lived next door and I could come have a tea with you. I am in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I have been in your beautiful state. My husband used to drive truck and I would go with him a couple times a year. We lived in New Brunswick at the time and I usually ended up going to Florida. I have a squashed penny from a truck stop in Kenley, NC. You put a penny in a machine, it would flatten it and put a bear on one side. It's in my jewelry box, I'm sure someday my girls will wonder why I have that thing, but for now it's a sweet memory for me when I look at it.

@jeschepp - Look at you go, turning that signal in the right direction! You should be so proud of yourself! Celebrate with a little dance party for one!

@MLS1582 - Just don't think about it! What a great concept! I need to do that.

@bcTRAI - It's so nice to see you back on here posting!

@mytime6630 - 50 year high school reunion, that is something I would definitely attend. I quit school, I regret it all the time and am seriously thinking about trying to go back. I did get my GED back in '94 and took a computer course, but now at 50 years old I now know what I want to do with my life. When I was young I wanted to be a wife and mother, I never thought about having a career except watching children. Funnily enough though, I always wanted to work and never be dependent on a man for money. I was just never interested in doing anything other than a job not passion other than for children.

@Faebert - I loved what you wrote.

@Bex953172 - Woohoo! Accurate logging! I have been doing a loose IF for a couple months now. I did it to save calories for the evening when I really wanted them. I quit eating around 930pm and then except for a coffee I don't have anything until around 12 noon. When I told my doctor about it in August though, she told me that I shouldn't be doing it. She said people that are predisposed to diabetes should not do it. I forget exactly what she said but it's something to do with the liver and insulin. I haven't stopped doing it and my blood work is no longer showing I am pre-diabetic, so I'll leave it as is for now.

@blueimp - Travelling and food choices - oh what a combination. I struggle every time I am on the road.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY Tuesday, 9/18/18

JFT Wednesday, 9/19/18
    6) Go to the gym

Yay for hubby's surgery going well. Also, I see you must have got your machine working well again :)
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY Tuesday, 9/18/18

JFT Wednesday, 9/19/18
    6) Go to the gym

Yay for hubby's surgery going well. Also, I see you must have got your machine working well again :)

Thanks! :-) I haven't gotten my machine back yet, but it's out for repair, so hopefully I'll have it again soon. :-)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Hi! Need to get back to the basics - I'm sliding further down the slippery slope each day! This is not a self pity post! Just need to be real with myself and talk through some issues I've been having. I took this round of "Just give me 10 days" off after I stepped on the scale after my weekend off and it said 188! I'm like no big deal, drink lots of water and get back to it. But then I didnt drink lots of water, I didnt log again, and I ate whatever I wanted. Fine - tried again, another eat whatever I want day. This is my self sabotage stage. Six months, 30 pounds, half way there and all of a sudden pizza sounds better than my health?!? My mind is cloudy, my bones are achey, my tummy is bloated. All signs point to get back on track, but I'm dragging my feet. Why? Did I restrict too much again? I dont think so - I was pretty well balanced with what I wanted and what was healthy. Am I avoiding the possibility of a huge change? Probably. I love avoiding my own problems by trying to solve other peoples. But I've mercilessly cut out all the people in my life who just dumped their problems on me. So there is not a lot of distraction there. Are my codependent ways rearing its ugly head? Probably - I'm still unlearning a LOT of the behaviors that lead me to my unhealthiest. Why though? All the people in my life are so solid. I need to step even further away from some of my codependent crutches. I am 100% responsible for me and me alone and no one else NEEDS me. And I really went down a rabbit hole here. It could also be that I just want it to be "easy" when I KNOW this is something I have to work at. Ah well...like I said, back to some basics.

1. Eat when hungry - stop when full. I've been eating to discomfort. Snacking out of boredom. Not listening to my hunger cues when they first spring up and turning into a hangry maniac.
    2. Log all food. Haven't wanted to face my own actions and have skipped logging since I took the weekend off. I'm not fooling my body though! Time to hold myself accountable for what goes in my mouth!
    3. Drink three waters at work. I need to put a number to it, "lots" of water is too subjective for my current level of avoidance.
    4. Cook dinner at home Back to basics, don't worry too much about what is cooked, just that it's not takeout.
    5. Be Kind Bring back inner cheerleader, kick out inner critic.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Hi! Need to get back to the basics - I'm sliding further down the slippery slope each day! This is not a self pity post! Just need to be real with myself and talk through some issues I've been having. I took this round of "Just give me 10 days" off after I stepped on the scale after my weekend off and it said 188! I'm like no big deal, drink lots of water and get back to it. But then I didnt drink lots of water, I didnt log again, and I ate whatever I wanted. Fine - tried again, another eat whatever I want day. This is my self sabotage stage. Six months, 30 pounds, half way there and all of a sudden pizza sounds better than my health?!? My mind is cloudy, my bones are achey, my tummy is bloated. All signs point to get back on track, but I'm dragging my feet. Why? Did I restrict too much again? I dont think so - I was pretty well balanced with what I wanted and what was healthy. Am I avoiding the possibility of a huge change? Probably. I love avoiding my own problems by trying to solve other peoples. But I've mercilessly cut out all the people in my life who just dumped their problems on me. So there is not a lot of distraction there. Are my codependent ways rearing its ugly head? Probably - I'm still unlearning a LOT of the behaviors that lead me to my unhealthiest. Why though? All the people in my life are so solid. I need to step even further away from some of my codependent crutches. I am 100% responsible for me and me alone and no one else NEEDS me. And I really went down a rabbit hole here. It could also be that I just want it to be "easy" when I KNOW this is something I have to work at. Ah well...like I said, back to some basics.

1. Eat when hungry - stop when full. I've been eating to discomfort. Snacking out of boredom. Not listening to my hunger cues when they first spring up and turning into a hangry maniac.
    2. Log all food. Haven't wanted to face my own actions and have skipped logging since I took the weekend off. I'm not fooling my body though! Time to hold myself accountable for what goes in my mouth!
    3. Drink three waters at work. I need to put a number to it, "lots" of water is too subjective for my current level of avoidance.
    4. Cook dinner at home Back to basics, don't worry too much about what is cooked, just that it's not takeout.
    5. Be Kind Bring back inner cheerleader, kick out inner critic.

I was thinking of you this morning. You seem to be struggling like the rest of us. You've certainly done a lot more soul searching than I have about it though. Welcome back, we can do this!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Question for you all,

What is your body shape?

I'm a pear x
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    I'm an apple. A big fat one LOL
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    That reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

Sacrifice is giving up something good for something better.

Your sacrifice this evening has led to no guilt, no bloated stomach, no extra pound to work off. It led to making it further along on your journey, satisfaction, a victorious feeling of winning, and an opportunity to encourage the rest of us by your actions. WAY TO GO!!!

Peace and joy!

Thank you for the amazing pep talk! It is so appreciated :blush: