October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Congrats on a great race and wins for you and your husband @rheddmobile!

Fantastic job on your race too @zdyb23456!

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @zdyb23456 - Congrats on making the 2 hr mark! 80 and no shade is pretty darned hot for a half. I'm about ready for fall weather, at my race yesterday everyone kept saying, "When I signed up for this race, I thought it was supposed to be in October!"
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @Scott6255 Thanks! Glad your last run went well (despite getting lost lol). Our physio is $60 to $70 a session up here, and my husband's insurance pays for 80% up to $500 or so a year. That seems like a lot to pay before you're sure it's going to make much difference.

@Orphia Thank you for the reminder. I have been feeling a little down about not feeling well. I am used to having quite a bit of energy. And I appreciate your blog posts. Keep it up!

@PastorVincent Ack! Dating teens! My son is 21, but I remember 15 and his first "girlfriend." Good luck!

@juliet3455 That was a beautifully written quote and exactly what I needed to read this morning. Thanks for sharing!

@katharmonic Sorry you've been having a tough time. I hope you get a break. Enjoy your taper!

@MegaMooseEsq Congratulations!

@RunsonEspresso Yay for no cacti to leap over and that's a wonderful PR! Sorry you were glutened. Hugs!

@kgirlhart Wow! That's fantastic. Congratulations!

@rheddmobile Incredible results and great photos. Congrats to you and your hubs!

@zdyb23456 That's an amazing time. Well done! And yup, port-a-potty lines are the worst before races. We have to drive 30 to 45 minutes for most of the ones we go to, so we always have to allow time to make it through them (though we often try to find a Starbucks nearby instead).
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Anyone else having issues loading the Strava app?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues loading the Strava app?

Mine opens but is very slow to load.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Want a good reason to get up on Monday, how about a PR for 5k? 26:36 this morning! And a sub 5min km! I was so happy about that! The new headphones were great, very comfy. Gentler week this week, today's 5k, a couple of 8ks and a 12 to finish off.

Next weeks long run is 16k and two weeks after that is 20. Eep. Getting real now haha.
    Wow! Congratulations! Nice pace there!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Thanks @elise4270 and thanks for confirming strava isn't just me. Seems to eased a bit now though lol
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Want a good reason to get up on Monday, how about a PR for 5k? 26:36 this morning! And a sub 5min km! I was so happy about that! The new headphones were great, very comfy. Gentler week this week, today's 5k, a couple of 8ks and a 12 to finish off.

Next weeks long run is 16k and two weeks after that is 20. Eep. Getting real now haha.

YAY!!!