October 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp What shoe are you running Boston in?

My husband is training for his first and realized his current shoes arent the best choice. He's in On Clouds and Newtons. Hes also opposed to Nike and Brooks.

Anyone wany to share the love of a long distance shoe?
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    @elise4270 I pm'd you re: hilo-volcano registration. Anyone else interested in running in memory of Dennis ( keeprunningfatboy ) on 1/5/19 from Hilo, Hawaii, come on down: free camping at my place!
  • Elise4270
    edited October 2018
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    @elise4270 I pm'd you re: hilo-volcano registration. Anyone else interested in running in memory of Dennis ( keeprunningfatboy ) on 1/5/19 from Hilo, Hawaii, come on down: free camping at my place!

Got it! Thanks! I pm'd you back. We haven't registered yet. Ill get on that.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    To all my Texas MFPer's if you see these guys give a shout out. They are friends of mine from town.

https://www.facebook.com/jamiemcdonald.org/posts/2007246422630823
  • Elise4270
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »

@Elise4270 My go-to road shoes are Saucony Kinvaras. I have run 5 marathons in them, including Boston 3 times. They are moderately light (not ultra-light) balanced shoes and are quite popular among male marathon runners. That having been said, the correct shoe is a very individual choice. Just because Kinvaras work well for me and several other marathon runners I know doesn't mean they will necessarily work well for your husband. He needs to try different things until he finds something that works well for him.

Thanks Kevin. He bought a pair of Reebok float ride run fast's. They sound like a decent race/speed work shoe. He'll still needs a good training shoe. He said may reconsider buying pair of the Saucony's, he thought they seemed a little inexpensive, maybe cheep and not a good marathon shoe.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Oh @AlphaHowls, it hurt just reading your post! You have to be the toughest, strongest person I know. You are amazing!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @rheddmobile Congrats to you and hubby!

@AlphaHowls Owwie! Worst I have done was slid on a pine tree root and still did 4 more miles in boots and utes. 2 more hours /bow.

@zdyb23456 Awesome HM time!

Nice race @MobyCarp !

Rest day with travel back to home for me today. Gonna try to find a suitable hill tomorrow for some hill repeats.