What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2018
    Kiyomoo wrote: »
    When you get a sudden craving for a certain food, but if you eat it, it would put you over your calorie limit for the day.

Or when you fit it into your day, eat it and it's not as great as you thought it'd be...

RIGHT?!? I hate wasting the delicious points (calories) on non-delicious foods! :mad:

Especially when it's something you used to love when you were younger or before you lost weight.

I used to love a lot of the Little Debbie snacks when I was younger & even when I was morbidly obese, but totally not worth it anymore!

Well unless it's a Swiss Roll, Nuddy Buddy, or Pumpkin Face.
  • flyinion
    flyinion Posts: 18 Member
    Makes it really hard to enjoy the weekly treats that get brought in for our weekly staff meetings. I usually ignore them except the random week when something from a really good local bakery is brought in. Totally blows everything for the day, but at least it's maybe once a month that it happens.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Kiyomoo wrote: »
    When you get a sudden craving for a certain food, but if you eat it, it would put you over your calorie limit for the day.

Or when you fit it into your day, eat it and it's not as great as you thought it'd be...

RIGHT?!? I hate wasting the delicious points (calories) on non-delicious foods! :mad:

Especially when it's something you used to love when you were younger or before you lost weight.

I used to love a lot of the Little Debbie snacks when I was younger & even when I was morbidly obese, but totally not worth it anymore!

Well unless it's a Swiss Roll, Nuddy Buddy, or Pumpkin Face.

I'm still partial to the zebra cakes
  • VanVanDiane
    VanVanDiane Posts: 1,373 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 (geek alert) they're symbols of my house in The Ilvermorny challenge I'm currently in (Harry Potter world, sort of). The bottom right one means I'm in Horned Serpent, and earning points for said house by completing various challenges, meeting my calorie goal etc.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234 (geek alert) they're symbols of my house in The Ilvermorny challenge I'm currently in (Harry Potter world, sort of). The bottom right one means I'm in Horned Serpent, and earning points for said house by completing various challenges, meeting my calorie goal etc.

Omg I am a huge Harry Potter too ! Didn’t see that challenge lol thanks for explaining !
  • tiffyork
    tiffyork Posts: 11 Member
    tiffyork wrote: »
    Having to sacrifice my social life because alcohol has calories

You can't have a social life without or wth less alcohol? Hmmm, guess I must be doing something wrong then ...

I'm 27 and love to go out to bars and watch football with my friends. Sue me!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    I just hate that it’s never ending. I really enjoy working out, I’ve got that part down. I do NOT enjoy paying constant attention to what I eat in order to maintain my weight. It’s like I can never truly relax, constant vigilance.
    Pretty much!

Sick of looking at numbers.

Can’t wait to hit maintenance so I won’t have to be so strict.

Spoiler alert, maintenance is almost just as hard, lol.

Way to rain on my parade 😅😊

Frankly I think maintenance is the hardest part - when I relax a bit I gain my weight back and have to start all over again
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Having to sacrifice my social life because alcohol has calories

You can't have a social life without or wth less alcohol? Hmmm, guess I must be doing something wrong then ...

I'm 27 and love to go out to bars and watch football with my friends. Sue me!

So do I (only I go to watch rugby instead of football). I guess I'm lucky that my friends in general don't drink (a beer or a cocktail, sure, but rarely more). I never understood the need to get drunk to have fun.