What I Hate About Watching My Weight/New Lifestyle/Dieting, etc. (A Place to Vent)

Options

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I resent the vegetables.

They are demanding little drama queens. They protest canning by turning into metallically-tinged slime, and freezing by turning into pale mush. No, they say, if you want us tasty, we must be fresh.

"Fresh" means they must be fetched home from the store, properly stored in the fridge, washed, chopped - half the time they want peeling, too - cooked, and then cleaned up after. And, if I really want five-a-day; as soon as the next mealtime comes around, I gotta do it again.

A special diva mention goes to spinach and other leafy greens which, upon being heaped-to-overflowing in my 12-inch skillet, sautee down to one - count it, one - single serving. What would I have to use to cook three servings at once - a snow saucer?

Not to mention, that if you don't eat fresh vegetables within, oh, I don't know, 2-3 days, you're left with a slimy resemblance of what used to be baby spinach. Or was that a bell pepper?

I don't like my "healthy food" being so demanding!

Fruits are even worse. Bananas, Avocados, Mangos, etc. They are all "unripe" until they are ripe for a whole 10 minutes and then they are spoiled.

Freakin' bananas! :rage:

Even worse, I only like bananas when they're slightly green. Once the first brown spot appears I'm done with them!

You can buy a few extra days for avocados in the fridge, though.

I definitely like my bananas on the underripe side too. It's hard to find them in the store like that too. They are either already brown or like pure green.

You can buy some time with avocados in the fridge, but they are never quite as tasty as when cut fresh.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I resent the vegetables.

They are demanding little drama queens. They protest canning by turning into metallically-tinged slime, and freezing by turning into pale mush. No, they say, if you want us tasty, we must be fresh.

"Fresh" means they must be fetched home from the store, properly stored in the fridge, washed, chopped - half the time they want peeling, too - cooked, and then cleaned up after. And, if I really want five-a-day; as soon as the next mealtime comes around, I gotta do it again.

A special diva mention goes to spinach and other leafy greens which, upon being heaped-to-overflowing in my 12-inch skillet, sautee down to one - count it, one - single serving. What would I have to use to cook three servings at once - a snow saucer?

Not to mention, that if you don't eat fresh vegetables within, oh, I don't know, 2-3 days, you're left with a slimy resemblance of what used to be baby spinach. Or was that a bell pepper?

Fruits are even worse. Bananas, Avocados, Mangos, etc. They are all "unripe" until they are ripe for a whole 10 minutes and then they are spoiled.

Even worse, I only like bananas when they're slightly green. Once the first brown spot appears I'm done with them!

I definitely like my bananas on the underripe side too. It's hard to find them in the store like that too. They are either already brown or like pure green.

You can buy some time with avocados in the fridge, but they are never quite as tasty as when cut fresh.

Very true. It's always a great day when you find that perfectly ripe avocado at the grocery store and plan your entire dinner menu around it :lol:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have a few.

1. When people say, "But carbs are the debil"! Um, not they're not and unless you want punched, stop saying that!
    2. When people constantly comment on what I'm eating/not eating. MIND YOUR OWN FREAKIN BUSINESS!
    3. When people insist food is "good or bad". Food is inanimate. It's neither good or bad.
    4. When people say, "Oh you're being good today, huh?" when I pass up some food or treat. *insert eyeroll emoji
    5. Knowing how many calories/fat/sodium is in my favorite foods. I'm looking right at you, Chick-fil-A waffle fries and nuggets! :angry:
    6. That delicious sauces, gravies, dressings have so many stinking calories! LET ME LIVE MY LIFE!
    7. That genetics play such a big. Every woman in my family has what I refer to as Pancake Butt. I have to work WAY harder than say, @quiksylver296 to get that #squatbooty and keep it from deflating. It's just not fair!
    8. Oh, and that no matter how much weight I lose, muscle mass I gain, I STILL have a double chin. :angry:

Okay, that was more than a few, but those are the ones that really grind my gears!

:bigsmile:

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I resent the vegetables.

y6gwdvtt0q1v.gif
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I have a few.

1. When people say, "But carbs are the debil"! Um, not they're not and unless you want punched, stop saying that!
    2. When people constantly comment on what I'm eating/not eating. MIND YOUR OWN FREAKIN BUSINESS!
    3. When people insist food is "good or bad". Food is inanimate. It's neither good or bad.
    4. When people say, "Oh you're being good today, huh?" when I pass up some food or treat. *insert eyeroll emoji
    5. Knowing how many calories/fat/sodium is in my favorite foods. I'm looking right at you, Chick-fil-A waffle fries and nuggets! :angry:
    6. That delicious sauces, gravies, dressings have so many stinking calories! LET ME LIVE MY LIFE!
    7. That genetics play such a big. Every woman in my family has what I refer to as Pancake Butt. I have to work WAY harder than say, @quiksylver296 to get that #squatbooty and keep it from deflating. It's just not fair!
    8. Oh, and that no matter how much weight I lose, muscle mass I gain, I STILL have a double chin. :angry:

Okay, that was more than a few, but those are the ones that really grind my gears!

And she's not even sorry about it! Share the wealth, at least :tongue:
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I have a few.

I know! I comment on that all the time, but she insists on being a selfish butt-hoarder. #flatbuttsmattertoo
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I resent the vegetables.

Very true. It's always a great day when you find that perfectly ripe avocado at the grocery store and plan your entire dinner menu around it :lol:

They are native here, and the big, juicy ones (not the small Hass ones), and sometimes at the store I shop they have them already pre-sliced in half that they are amazing to just pick up and bring home and eat. I will eat them with anything. Doesn't matter what.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I have a few.

I know! I comment on that all the time, but she insists on being a selfish butt-hoarder. #flatbuttsmattertoo

I snorted. Out loud. At work. :laugh: