The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    rory0516 wrote: »
    Clean and Sober since September 4th, 2016. The last two years and two months have been the best of my life.

Woohoo!!,.. awesome work. I bet your feeling great too :)
  • ElC_76
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Woke up at 5:10 am becuase my daughter is getting sunrise pictures for her senior year. Have you ever woke up and thought “That’s right. I didn’t drink last night!”?
    I feel great! No headache, hangover, bad sleep, ....

So happy at the moment! Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday!

Yes!!.. it was the best and really helped the day start on the right foot. Something i need to remember when im contemplating a drink. Thanks Julie :)
  • ElC_76
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    jfmv12m62ytw.jpeg

Luv it!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Niko... i am an alcoholic with no life... i have 4 kids and no wife as she left a couple of years ago with an italian millionairre. i take my anger out on the kids and I need help. please help me.

that sound rough. what are you doing now to facilitate your sobriety now?

@Qkrep moderation doesn't work for every one :) and that's ok. welcome
  • rory0516
    rory0516 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Clean and Sober since September 4th, 2016. The last two years and two months have been the best of my life.

I feel absolutely amazing!!! <3

• Bobby959
    Bobby959 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all the people that share their thoughts here it's very helpful. I've been AF for 15 days which makes me feel empowered but I've not experienced the clarity and energy and any weight loss that I thought would start happening. Just feel a vague dull feeling. What are your experiences when did you start to feel better.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @rory0516 You look like you're youngish according to your pic. Awesome that you've made such a wise decision to go AF & sounds like it's a life plan for you :) I'm thinking you have some valuable insights for our group here. We're all at varying stages of sobriety & love to hear everyone's comments. Please continue to post when the urge hits.

@EFT17220531 Hi Niko. Life sucks!! sometimes, but it doesn't have to be your future. Have you talked to your doc about some family counselling? I'm thinking you're likely not the only one in your Fam to have some anger issues. I'm sure your kids have their own feelings around your situation. I hope you can reach out to someone who can provide some practical help to deal with your anger differently. Or call a crisis line if you have something like that in your part of the world...sounds like you need some support asap so you don't continue to take your anger out on your kids...not fair to them. :'( Hoping the best for you. Keep us posted.

@Bobby959 Everyone is unique in their healing process & depending on how long & how much you drank etc, your experience will be unique to you. I'd suggest checking out Craig Beck, Annie Grace or Alcohol Mastery...all kinds of videos that can support your decision to go AF. In fact, all of the above have videos talking about what to expect when you stop drinking & the physical changes you can expect. Hope this helps.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    Bobby959 wrote: »
    Thank you to all the people that share their thoughts here it's very helpful. I've been AF for 15 days which makes me feel empowered but I've not experienced the clarity and energy and any weight loss that I thought would start happening. Just feel a vague dull feeling. What are your experiences when did you start to feel better.

I know how you’re feeling. Little by little, you will get that clarity and energy and even weight loss. I was very depressed and had bouts of anxiety for the first month and even into two months. It will come, I promise. You will feel better. I’m sure you already do, but know that it only gets better after these first few weeks. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    ElC_76 wrote: »

I feel absolutely amazing!!! <3

Very inspiring !
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Happy Sober Tuesday my peeps! B)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Happy booze free Wednesday;)
  • ElC_76
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Happy booze free Wednesday;)

Well done, your getting the hang of it :);)