WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    paigern82 wrote: »
    Ok guys - how do you do those spoiler show/hide thingies??

Paige from North GA Mountains

Paige - to use the spoiler, use the backwards paragraph P at the top of your comment box, it will give you a dropdown and from there select spoiler.
    Then you type, insert your pic, quote or whatever between the spoiler designators.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,781 Member
    Options
    If I could do Keto I would ,but because of limited kidney function don't want to chance it....somehow someway I will find a way to lose weight.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Kim ~ Hoping you are safe during these terrible devastating fires!

Carol in GA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lisa: I love your gratitudes. :star:A moving train is a good analogy for this group.

Barbara: How could I have forgotten A Wrinkle in Time? Thanks for the reminder! :bigsmile:

Jan: A moving train is a good analogy for this group. It is one of the really good things about it. There is nearly always someone’s new post and something new to think about or appreciate. :star:

Paige: I have a word document open on my computer while I read the posts here. It is side by side with the thread on the screen. That way, I am able to respond to each post as I read it. Then I copy my word document and paste it into the thread. Works well for me. :wink:

Pip: I love your dog photos. :star:

Allie: “If I could do Keto I would, but because of limited kidney function don't want to chance it....somehow someway I will find a way to lose weight.” Count calories & move more. Portion control is the It is the best strategy I can think of and it worked for me. Buy a food scale from amazon so you can weigh your portions. The food scales are inexpensive. Use measuring cups or dishers to help with portion control. Log every bite and swallow. You can do this! (((HUGS)))

Carol in GA: I’ve been worried about Kim, too. :heart:

I don’t have anything on my to-do list today, but tomorrow will be busy. My grandniece is in town to visit her mom, and there will be a meal out at a Mexican restaurant. She & her DH are expecting their first child and we are excited for her. I already sent a shower gift to her home in IL, and plan to knit her a baby blanket in the next few weeks. The baby is due sometime after New Years, perhaps March. I don’t actually remember at this moment..

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,667 Member
    Options
    yesterdays stats:

ride 2 gym- 6.58min, 13.6amph, 1.5mi= 91c
    elliptical- 50min, lvl5-resist 5, 5.14mi= 406c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.49min, 15.4amph, 1.4mi= 66c
    ride Puy station 2 sumn- 15.37min, 11.6amph, 3mi= 159c
    run sumn sta 2 wk- 4.42min, 9.13min mi, .5mi= 77c
    run wk 2 sumn sta- 4.42min 10.28min, .4mi= 77c
    ride dome 2 hm- 22.15min, 7amph, 2.5mi= 218c

total cal 1094
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Machka "L'alpe de Zwift" sounds both funny and intimidating! Whoof!
    Welcome ssarge2 congratulations on your progress. You're right, no one way of eating works for every body, glad you've found what works for you.
    Paige here's the one I started using this week :)https://youtu.be/JbQZSGUmmjU
    pip smoooooooch that pup!
    Allie: Okie and Katla gave great advice. I'd add, start NOW and do just one thing. Plan a meal. Dance around room for 5 minutes. Prep some veggies. When I'm stuck that helps me to feel better. We CAN do this!

Oops, gotta dash. Chiro appt.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 9/9, 60 g protein 7/9, rx/vits 9/9, meditate 8/9, knee exercises 9/9, play with Tumble 5/9, core 3/8, SWSY UP 3/8, SWSY LOW 2/8, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 7/9.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :)Pip, congrats on your success in the run....as far as I'm concerned, just finishing is an awesome victory.

:)Allie, make health and weight loss a priority for yourself. Weigh and measure your food and choose foods that are full of nutrition with lower calories, Seek every opportunity to be active. I meet my friends for a walk rather than a meal, thus I save money, consume fewer calories, and burn more calories and still enjoy the time with the friend. I listen to music, audio books, or podcasts while walking alone or exercising so I am entertained. Take it one day at a time and celebrate your successes.

<3 Barbie
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,403 Member
    Options
    Pip - congrats to you and Kirby on your finishing stats in the marathon! Sorry to hear about Kirby and nature's call but sounds like he's handling it well. I've heard this happens from time to time with runners. And congrats on losing that weight gain so quickly. Hope you feel better.

Sharon - you have an impressive book collection! Thinning books is so hard for me. I have bookcases all over the place it seems. My dream would be a wall of them where I could bring them all together and sort them - gardening books, inspirational books, etc.

Irish Terri - I love your garden, and YOUR love for it is evident. Reminds me a lot of my grandmother's, and it kept her busy keeping it tended but always such a tranquil place to sit and have a cup of tea with her.

Margaret - happy for you the house purchase went through. Sounds like a good investment and I'm sure your son will enjoy it. Are you doing any teaching this year?

Allie - how thrilling to hear nice comments from your boss, sometimes means more than $$. I think you have a pretty good place to work if you can take it physically and it works with your budget, with the new office manager being such a gem. Sounds like you are able to work and still have time to do things you enjoy, plus being on your feet really does count as exercise. My final ten years of work were part-time. I was pretty low-paid and had a cube-mate who was a handful so I was always looking for something new and different it seems. I finally realized that the plusses outweighed the minuses. I had a very stable job and "the devils I knew". I always thought I had a sit-down desk job but after retiring I'm realized I was on my feet a lot.

Lisa
    - that new job opportunity sounds like a dream come true. Crossing fingers it comes through for you.

Thanks for sharing all your favorite books, ladies! I'm busy taking note of them. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Barbie- I love how your life is on an even keel and you make it as non stressful as possible..
    I agree I will look into what I need to do to get myself healthy the mourning period for my dad and for my marriage is over onward and upward....😘
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Poor Kirby...he truly is a champ nothing let's a good.man down....you are one of a kind Pip you 2 are blessed to have each other.... Xoxo
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I was excited that I caught up reading to page 74 in October, them I realized there were 24 pages in November. Have to take a break before I continue.
    Heather - love that you are home in Hove and you went to the sea on your first walk.
    Trying to bald but not sure what I did.
    SueBDew in TX
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Allie)))

Pip: Kirby is a champion in my book. He’s continuing to do what he has loved to do for a long time, even though it isn’t easy. (((Hugs for Kirby)))

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon