What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I am veering off the actual topic a little but wondered did you all do a lot of exercise (running, weight lifting, etc) before you got on your weight loss/gain journey?

Yes, but as an adult it was broken up by numerous knee surgeries and limited by the state of my maltracking patellas before my two most recent surgeries. Rowing is new for me as of this past summer, but cycling is what clued me in, years ago, that maybe I should see an orthopedic surgeon because my knees should not be hurting when I'm riding my bike.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Rowed on the water for about an hour and a half, this time with an advanced boat. Eventually we got hemmed in by the fog and had to go back to the dock but I made a lot of progress technique wise.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Did Strong Curves program, day A. 😊
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    RealWorldStrengthLLC Posts: 552 Member
    edited November 2018
    Back Lifts:
    4 sets of 10 lat pull at 185
    4ish sets deadlift - 5 at 315/2 at 405/0 at 475 fail-had it last week/1 at 455
    4 sets of 8 DB row at 110
    3 sets straight arm pull at 95

Strength conditioning (what I call cardio):
    Superset: 4 rounds
    30 meters farmers walk at 315
    30 meters sled row at +135 (not sure what the sled weighs)
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Weights -Dumbells full body Routine
    35 minutes Jogging at 165 bmp
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    I am veering off the actual topic a little but wondered did you all do a lot of exercise (running, weight lifting, etc) before you got on your weight loss/gain journey?

Yes, I did about the same amount of exercise I do now. I started being active in my mid-40s, after cancer treatment. I increased activity level gradually. I lost 50-some pounds at age 59-60, after being obese for decades (and staying obese while regularly and vigorously active most days of the week). I'm 63 now, maintaining weight, and about the same exercise schedule I've had for a dozen or so years.

On threads like this one, people who feel most enthusiastic, confident or proud of their workouts are more likely to post, I believe; and people who are new to exercise, feeling tentative about what they're doing, or are maybe not having fun yet, are less likely to post. This isn't absolute, of course. But I think it's important to realize that a thread like this probably isn't representative of the average of everyone here, let alone the average of the general public; it's the average of those on MFP forums who are willing to type a blurb about their workout.

:drinker:
  • 796fra
    796fra Posts: 45 Member
    Saturday was rest day so I hiked our old pup 2.5 miles at a sniff every tree pace. It was great to be out in the snow letting him explore.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    11.5 mile run.
    Took 5min off my 10mile pr and am on course to finally break the 2:30 half next week
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 463 Member
    Ran 13km pretty close to my 10K PR time as well.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    60:02 on the bike, 18.7 miles, did most between 11-14, with the last 20 minutes between 13-25 (max for my bike).
  • Adam__20000
    Adam__20000 Posts: 65 Member
    I walked 12 miles without stopping on an empty stomach. Treating myself to a mcdonalds now!7uhj8zh1i2uf.png
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    🧘‍♂️ yoga and weights! Strange combo lol
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Deadlift 4 sets 5 reps
    Incline dumbbell press 4 sets 10 reps
    Dumbbell upright row 4 sets 10 reps
    Pulldown 4 sets 10 reps
    Leg press 4 sets 10 reps
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Legs
    Lying leg curls 4 sets of 10, on last set do an additional 5 bottom end partials
    Squats 8 sets of 3 heavy
    Leg press 3 sets of 10 after I have found weight I struggle to get 10
    Lunges single leg 4 sets of 10
    Stiff legged Deadlifts 3 sets of 10 heavy
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    45 of Zumba using my Wii program!
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Full body workout, extra Ab training