Grocery Store Snob??

Options

Replies

• Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I don't really give a *kitten* what is in anybodies cart.

What pisses me off is having a coupon for all 125 d@mn items in your cart...and then arguing over 15 cents.

This. And then they write a check for their groceries after a lengthy search for their checkbook. Ugh.
  • Liftslikeagoddess
    Liftslikeagoddess Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit - but!! I am surprised that more often than not I see vegan/meat free and lots of veggies rather than a load of processed "unhealthy" food. But then, the Aldi I shop at has a gym right next door, so I imagine a lot of fitness / healthy people shop there :P
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    who keeps ressurecting zombie threads? lol but I applaud people whom I see making healthier choices especially ones that and on the "fluffier" side. Im not judging them because of their size but secretly am giving them a thumbs up for being health conscious. otherwise I dont care what people buy. If people want to judge me on whats in my cart thats their problem not mine.

People who are told to search before asking questions that have already been asked and are trying to oblige.

That makes sense to me for threads about some things, and it gets under my skin a little when people fuss about revived zombies, especially when the threads don't have any really major woo or other problems . . . but reviving a zombie about grocery judginess?

So, being a literal and analytical soul, I tried to figure it out. If anyone cares, the answer is on page 21, in this case. (I didn't say it was a satisfying answer, BTW.)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,166 Member
    Options
    who keeps ressurecting zombie threads? lol but I applaud people whom I see making healthier choices especially ones that and on the "fluffier" side. Im not judging them because of their size but secretly am giving them a thumbs up for being health conscious. otherwise I dont care what people buy. If people want to judge me on whats in my cart thats their problem not mine.

People who are told to search before asking questions that have already been asked and are trying to oblige.

they are told to search and get answers from past threads sure. then if they need to ask a question then ask in their thread or to start a new one. not ask in a zombie thread though. I honestly think that zombie threads that are so old should have to where no one can comment on them. but thats my opinion.

That rule would end a few really good threads that have gone on for several years, like - just to name one I can think of off the top of my head - 2014's https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1275030/whats-your-most-recent-nsv , 1244 pages as of today, and as useful as ever. More useful because it's old/long, IMO.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    I have been on forums where threads which are not posted in for, say, 12 months,get archived.

You can still read archived threads but they are locked from any further posts, aka zombie resurection.

If a thread runs continuously for years ( or even sporadically but posted in at least once every 12 months) , it stays open.

That seems good system to me.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Alpha12 wrote: »
    I don't really give a *kitten* what is in anybodies cart.

What pisses me off is having a coupon for all 125 d@mn items in your cart...and then arguing over 15 cents.

This. And then they write a check for their groceries after a lengthy search for their checkbook. Ugh.

And I mean, you know you're going to the store, you know you are writing a check...can't you have the check filled out already with everything except the amount?!? I gotta wait behind you while you try to figure out what today's date is?!?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

they are told to search and get answers from past threads sure. then if they need to ask a question then ask in their thread or to start a new one. not ask in a zombie thread though. I honestly think that zombie threads that are so old should have to where no one can comment on them. but thats my opinion.

At least they bumped up an interesting thread that still pertains to people in this day & age.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    The only time I think about what other people buy is when there's really odd combos/quantities of stuff. Like at Costco when I saw a young smiley couple checking out with one of those giant flat cart things filled with at least a dozen gallons of Clorox bleach, and several cases of water and gatorade. The only thing I could imagine all that being used for is summertime murder.

On the ID Channel I've seen a few episodes where the cashier has to testify about selling items like bleach, shovels, axes, etc. that were used in a murder.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I don't really think about comparisons. But, I can't get over how little I spend on snacks now. Some weeks, I don't even buy any because they last so long now that I eat one actual serving instead of one whole bag of something!