What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    JBApplebee wrote: »
    AmyC2288 wrote: »
    Pepsi Max is the best of all diet sodas. Also- greek yogurt tastes exactly like spoiled milk (gosh that ones really been weighing on me).

I'm right there with you on the Pepsi Max. No other diet pop even comes close (although I do like Diet Dr. Pepper). Here's mine. Pumpkin anything tastes like *kitten*, coffee, wine & beer are disgusting. I love Fireball.

For those of you who don't like kit-kats or reeses cups, have you tried the dark chocolate versions? That's the best versions of those candies.

I definitely prefer Pepsi Max over Diet Pepsi.

Diet Mountain Dew I find sweeter than regular Mountain Dew.

Dark Kit Kats are 100% the best to me, too...and I've had all of the crazy flavored Japanese Kit Kats (beni imo, taro, strawberry, matcha) as well as some of the UK ones from the past (mint, orange). I liked every single type better than regular standard milk chocolate Kit Kats...but dark is the best, period!

I am going to try Pepsi Max ASAP. Until this thread, I never knew it was a "diet" drink, oddly enough, and I love Diet Pepsi...so I must try this magic.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I don't like any soft drinks at all.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    mbro254 wrote: »
    aspartame is not the devil and coke zero rocks my world
    Pepsi tastes like regret
    Cheese and ice cream are a little overrated (not Brie tho)
    nuts as a snack option are seriously overrated and a bad idea (for me at least lol)

Pepsi > Coke

Nuts are a bad idea for me because IBS. I miss them.

Those are "fight-in werdz" down South...esp. ATL, where there is no such thing as Pepsi...all soda/pop/soft drink is simply referred to as "Coke" regardless of whether said soda/pop/soft drink is cola-based or not (orange pop/fanta/etc. = orange coke...in Atlanta at least)
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 194 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    What is a PSL?!?
    pinuplove wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't care for mega-sweetened hot coffee drinks. It's like a hot milkshake: Why?

I'm a skim latte lover. Typical me/barista conversation:

"I'd like a large skim latte, please."
    "What flavor?"
    "Coffee. And skim milk."

Some places (automated machines) don't even make them that way. WTFlip?
    I get my lattes with nonfat milk, I can’t tell the difference once the milk is steamed and frothed.
    Love my grande nonfat blonde latte :)
    FireOpalCO wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't care for mega-sweetened hot coffee drinks. It's like a hot milkshake: Why?

Because milkshakes are awesome!

Most of the time I want a standard hot non-fat latte or cappuccino. But every once in a while having a mocha is delicious decadence. Especially around Christmas when I can get a salted caramel mocha or peppermint mocha. It's hot chocolate with a hit of espresso.

I don't even like coffee. No amount of milk, cream, or fancy sugar syrups will change that :tongue:

Every now & then I'll drink a fancy iced coffee drink since it's more like a dessert, but the one time I got a PSL I felt like a cat lapping at milk. It was disgusting! Hot coffee is not for me. I'd rather drink diet soda for my caffeine.

Coffee in ice cream is awesome.

Seriously? This time of year and you don't know what a PSL is?

I don’t know either...

Edit: read on and found out what it stands for. But still don’t know what it is!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Go to a Starbucks, or many other coffee chains -- it's a seasonal thing.

Here's an informational piece: https://slate.com/culture/2015/08/pumpkin-spice-latte-will-have-real-pumpkin-in-it-starbucks-announces-that-s-a-terrible-idea.html

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Max is the best of all diet sodas. Also- greek yogurt tastes exactly like spoiled milk (gosh that ones really been weighing on me).

I'm right there with you on the Pepsi Max. No other diet pop even comes close (although I do like Diet Dr. Pepper). Here's mine. Pumpkin anything tastes like *kitten*, coffee, wine & beer are disgusting. I love Fireball.

For those of you who don't like kit-kats or reeses cups, have you tried the dark chocolate versions? That's the best versions of those candies.

Dark Kit Kats are 100% the best to me, too...and I've had all of the crazy flavored Japanese Kit Kats (beni imo, taro, strawberry, matcha) as well as some of the UK ones from the past (mint, orange). I liked every single type better than regular standard milk chocolate Kit Kats...but dark is the best, period!

I am going to try Pepsi Max ASAP. Until this thread, I never knew it was a "diet" drink, oddly enough, and I love Diet Pepsi...so I must try this magic.

Does anyone know what is the reason kit kat doesn't have the cool flavored things in the US? Why are there so many cool flavors in china for name brand products and not in the US? Have they ever said why this is the case? I've heard people say they don't think it would be popular in the US, but why not? And why are they more popular in china and other countries? I certainly would love to buy a lot of the products. Just a random thought I was wondering if anyone knows the answer or has any explanation. (Sorry for the off topic post, lol)
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I feel like I’m not alone on this but I personally think that dark chocolate taste 10x better than milk chocolate.

Hummus isn’t that great.

Protein powders are gross

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Pepsi tastes like regret
    nuts as a snack option are seriously overrated and a bad idea (for me at least lol)

Pepsi > Coke

Those are "fight-in werdz" down South...esp. ATL, where there is no such thing as Pepsi...all soda/pop/soft drink is simply referred to as "Coke" regardless of whether said soda/pop/soft drink is cola-based or not (orange pop/fanta/etc. = orange coke...in Atlanta at least)

So if you want a Mountain Dew you have to say, "can I have a Mountain Dew Coke?"
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Does anyone know what is the reason kit kat doesn't have the cool flavored things in the US? Why are there so many cool flavors in china for name brand products and not in the US? Have they ever said why this is the case? I've heard people say they don't think it would be popular in the US, but why not? And why are they more popular in china and other countries? I certainly would love to buy a lot of the products. Just a random thought I was wondering if anyone knows the answer or has any explanation. (Sorry for the off topic post, lol)

Could it be an infringement with Hershey's? That may be one of the biggest things I can think of.

https://www.foodbeast.com/news/kit-kat-brand-split/

Just looked it up & that's why. Nestle owns the other Kit Kat.
  • Copper_Boom
    Copper_Boom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I like burnt kale and burnt brussels sprouts. Can't stand 'em otherwise.
  • BrownEyedBetty
    BrownEyedBetty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Milk... 🤢🤮
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Pepsi tastes like regret

Pepsi > Coke

I lived in Atlanta from the early 60s to the early 80s and Coke was generic but I never heard anyone on say "orange Coke". It was more like "You want a Coke?" - "Yes, please, a Fanta Orange". I have heard soda used that way, but that's even what it says on the can/bottle (orange soda).
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't like sushi

More for me! :)
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    admaarie wrote: »
    I feel like I’m not alone on this but I personally think that dark chocolate taste 10x better than milk chocolate.

Hummus isn’t that great.

Plain chocolate like a chocolate bar, maybe with almonds, I strongly prefer dark chocolate. The white Kit Kat is my favorite, though. Peanuts or raisins? It has to be milk chocolate.

Yeah, hummus is just okay and I don't think the comment about protein powders is at all unusual. When you read posts asking for recommendations, it's usually about which is the most palatable in shakes. Having said that, the Pure Protein salted caramel bars with 20g of whey are amazingly good, IMO.
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    "S'mores" is a misnomer. I don't want any, much less some more.

Homemade marshmallows are nothing but huge clouds of sugar cut into cubes.

Hot cocoa is hot chocolate for losers.

"Milk" is milk from cows, sheep, and goats. Products made from soy, almond, and oats are liquid you put in your coffee. If you need to use them for health reasons, fine, just don't call them "milk."
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Pepsi tastes like regret

Pepsi > Coke

I lived in Atlanta from the early 60s to the early 80s and Coke was generic but I never heard anyone on say "orange Coke". It was more like "You want a Coke?" - "Yes, please, a Fanta Orange". I have heard soda used that way, but that's even what it says on the can/bottle (orange soda).
    We lived near Atlanta in the late 80’s early 90’s. I remember soda was referred to as coke. Also a shopping cart was a buggy.

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    That’s where I got my love for cheese grits. And pouring peanuts in my Pepsi:)
  • admaarie
    admaarie Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    admaarie wrote: »

Hummus isn’t that great.

Plain chocolate like a chocolate bar, maybe with almonds, I strongly prefer dark chocolate. The white Kit Kat is my favorite, though. Peanuts or raisins? It has to be milk chocolate.

Yeah, hummus is just okay and I don't think the comment about protein powders is at all unusual. When you read posts asking for recommendations, it's usually about which is the most palatable in shakes. Having said that, the Pure Protein salted caramel bars with 20g of whey are amazingly good, IMO.

Yes! Peanuts in chocolate has to be milk chocolate. I hate raisins with chocolate though.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast foods suck and are not worth the calories. I could go the rest of my life without ever eating another pancake, waffle, omelette, French toast, etc. I tell people this and they react like I just kicked a puppy.

So I DO like omelettes and my own French toast, I generally love breakfast, but I'm totally with you on pancakes & waffles. Meh to the extreme, not exciting to me and certainly nothing special about the ones from restaurants, either.

A lot of bready things do nothing for me. Croissants, pita, naan, cinnamon rolls, garlic bread, dinner rolls, challah...all of it bores me! I could live without it.

I do like donuts, and eat sandwiches on any boring wheat bread/toast. But I fail to understand the excitement about most bread. That includes from-scratch homemade bread that my husband loves for me to make. It's not that good to me and doesn't even smell that great. I guess I'm just not a bread lover.