December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    And dont forget
    Group question #3: Is anyone doing the Run the Year challenge? (courtesy of @amymoreorless )
    If anyone wants to do it, but cant do it alone, i know there is a team option. I'm willing to join. I ran 340 miles so far this year, so I'd need a lot of help or a lotta team. :wink:

I missed this? What is this?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    Air quality has been funky lately, and it doesn't look like it's getting any better for December. Plus *kitten* has hit the fan at work - people have been quitting left and right, and we are a small department so that's a lot of slack to pull. But meh, excuses. Going for 60km this month, with hopefully more lifting.

Monthly question 1: inspirations
    Y'all. What everybody else said.

Monthly question 2: 2019 goals
    Run more consistently. Averaging out at 25km a week would be nice. Oh and I'd really like to do a 50k trail race.

That must be going around. I swear we're on the verge of mutiny. I bought headphones for work so i don't have to listen to it all day long.

Good luck in 2019 for a 50k. I think the one in Hawaii is still open for registration, if you wanna/need to get away and join us! :smiley:

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    And dont forget
    Group question #3: Is anyone doing the Run the Year challenge? (courtesy of @amymoreorless )
    If anyone wants to do it, but cant do it alone, i know there is a team option. I'm willing to join. I ran 340 miles so far this year, so I'd need a lot of help or a lotta team. :wink:

RTY is a yearly challenge. Its like a race, register and log your miles they send you a shirt and medal. There are also chances to win prizes for regular participation. Its cool. Just google it.

ETA. https://runtheedge.com/run-the-year-2019/.

Sry... Phone was wierd
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    And dont forget

RTY is a yearly challenge. Its like a race, register and log your miles they send you a shirt and medal. There are also chances to win prizes for regular participation. Its cool. Just google it.

ETA. https://runtheedge.com/run-the-year-2019/.

Sry... Phone was wierd

Interesting. I might do it. I should hit 2019 miles next year. Will think on this.
  • mustb60
    mustb60 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Getting ambitious here in the last month of the year.
    December Running Challenge
    Goal: 100 km
    Done: /100
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Monthly question number 2
    Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

I hesitate to set a "goal" perse. I would like to make a year without surgery or waiting surgery to fix my broke a-self. I'm up to two miles without pain or niggles. This could be the year!

And dont forget

@Elise4270 I am totally down for a MFP Run the Year team! Anyone else want to join?

Hypothetically, I could attempt to run the miles on my own. However, I have a sinking feeling work, injuries, middle-age, family, life...etc. might happen... ;)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Question #2 confuses me, so here are my 2019 goals (been working on them for a few weeks). :smile:

Do the Athletics Victoria "Run Leader" course so I can lead some of our running club events.
    A marathon in a major city in April or May.
    A marathon in August.
    48 km on my 48th month running anniversary in September.

• eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Monthly question number 2
    Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

I hesitate to set a "goal" perse. I would like to make a year without surgery or waiting surgery to fix my broke a-self. I'm up to two miles without pain or niggles. This could be the year!

And dont forget

@Elise4270 I am totally down for a MFP Run the Year team! Anyone else want to join?

Hypothetically, I could attempt to run the miles on my own. However, I have a sinking feeling work, injuries, middle-age, family, life...etc. might happen... ;)

Same thing for me, while I'd love to do it there's no way in the world I could cover that much mileage on my own!
    I don't expect to even do half.... I'm semi-old and semi-novice! lol
    If however we do a team thing then heck yeah I'm in!
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Goals for December: 200 km (125 miles) of biking and 30 km (18.5 miles) of running.

I left my bike at home today, because it was supposed to rain. Didn't really happen (shower as I left, then clear...) :neutral:
  • Charlene____
    Charlene____ Posts: 110 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    12.2: 4.5 @ 9:10/M (4.5) Easy Run

Goal is 120.5M. 117 to go. :)
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    On another note, has anyone noticed weird body changes running? When I was at the weight I am now a few years ago prior to running, I was a size 12 US, but I’m now a size 6 at the exact same weight i was then(give or take 5 pounds). Looking at pictures, I look the same way i did when i was almost 20 pounds lighter. The body is a mysterious thing. I’m assuming it’s a muscle thing but idk

It's really interesting that you mention this. When people ask me how much weight I have lost they almost always say , "Really? No offense, but it looks like more!". I take no offense to someone telling me I look smaller than the scale reflects, but it is an interesting thing. Makes it hard for me to know what my actual goal weight should be.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    12-1 7k easy
    12-2 10.5k slow
    12-3 7k recovery

December Total: 24.5k
    December Goal: 100k

Run at least 4 5k races.
    Get under 30:00 and a PR for 5k.
    Average at least 135k per month, which would put me over 1,000 miles for the year.

Very different day today. Cloudy, 41 degrees F, and a gusty wind out of the west. Legs felt a little heavy, but nothing out of the ordinary.

I, too, would be honored to be a part of a MFP Run the Year team. If we do it by age groups, I can be in the 65 and over group.