December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 One of them reminds me of Gizmo from Gremlins.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    @mbaker566 One of them reminds me of Gizmo from Gremlins.

can totally see that
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    And newbies don't forget if you use Strava, come join us there too!

Monthly question number 2
    Next year when you pop in here claiming your
    December 2019 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

If you missed the first MQ, it was: who inspires you as a runner? courtesy of @rheddmobile

I have one more question....
    With the cold dry air my face is so dry. I need to use lotion. Which seems to cause a small amount of pimples. I've used Vaseline but it too seem to cause some blemishes. Any go to products, a face friendly favorite?

@elise4270 -
    Monthly Question #2 - hopefully be healed and healthy and back to running my normal amount and distances. Maybe see some time improvements too.

Lotion question I use Clinique products only. Otherwise I have terrible issues with my skin as it is very sensitive to pretty much everything else. I like the Moisture Surge lotion for my face in the winter and I get it online when it is 25 or 50% off... For body lotion I use Hempz or Aveeno fragrance free lotions and they seem to work ok.

I am following along with what everyone is doing. Lots of great racing and PBs happening as well as tons of running!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Run the Year team

Yay! Let's do this! Looks like we sign up as individuals, choose an awesome team name and go from there.

Embrace The Suckers

gets my vote, not that I am going to be on the team... :)

Jeez. No way am i embracing any sucker.

Lets get signed up. Then i suppose we could guess at our miles, add an additional person and perhaps even compete against each mfp team.

So after we get signed up.. start with 2-3 team captains? (I hate picking teams, last kid picked- sorry to whomever gets me. I'll try hard).

Unless someone had an easier way to go about it???
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    saw this and thought it was something the group might enjoy
    monarch-butterfly-ultra-run
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    ctlaws44 wrote: »
    Ok! I got it this month! I'm only 2.5 days (10 pages) behind. l :/:D Works not as busy and I have some time off coming up so I'm going to try to maintain a presence in this forum. I'm in for 200 miles this month. I'm currently training for a March marathon and I've cut my races way back for the beginning of 2019 to give training my full attention. I'll try to slowly read back and see how everyone's doing.

gn81qwntfub8.png

@ctlaws44 nice to see I'm not the only one with a geeky spreadsheet for race data. Mine goes back to 2008 and has got all my times, PRs, finish positions, upcoming races etc etc. Plus graphs so I can see how my pace has improved over the years.
    @BruinsGal_91 - I think many of us are data geeks! I have tracked my activities, weight and calories since I started working out with my trainer and losing weight in 2010. I didn't start running until 2012 so have data (daily) on miles run, pace, steps, weight, HR (min, max, avg) and shoes. I have charts too so I can see where I have had issues and when I was at my best with the most miles and fastest pace (2015 so far and the only year in the last 4 without some kind of injury or surgery). I am hoping 2019 might replace it!

@elise4270 - I can't complete the Run the Year on my own either but might be able to do half if I have a better year this year. Not working will help and hopefully not being injured will too! I will check out and let you know.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    saw this and thought it was something the group might enjoy
    monarch-butterfly-ultra-run

Dang a 4,200KM ultra... even as a relay that is a LONG run.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    I'm training for my first half marathon so here goes nothing:

exercise.png

fantastic goal :)
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Run the Year team

Yay! Let's do this! Looks like we sign up as individuals, choose an awesome team name and go from there.

Embrace The Suckers

gets my vote, not that I am going to be on the team... :)

Jeez. No way am i embracing any sucker.

Lets get signed up. Then i suppose we could guess at our miles, add an additional person and perhaps even compete against each mfp team.

So after we get signed up.. start with 2-3 team captains? (I hate picking teams, last kid picked- sorry to whomever gets me. I'll try hard).

Unless someone had an easier way to go about it???

I am already signed up for the 2019 Run the Year Challenge. :) They don't have the tracker page up yet.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    I already posted this to the Facebook group, but look what I get to run in today! I'm definitely running in my Goretex trail shoes! (The new ones.)

Gonna try to push distance a bit.

0yr47a27w9lh.jpg

It looks beautiful out there