Gaining Weight Females Group

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    basedcurls wrote: »
    Does anyone have certain foods they eat to increase there calories ? I eat enough more than 3 times a day but i guess my calorie intake isn’t great and my appetite isn’t big enough to eat more all the time.

do you drink any of your calories?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    basedcurls wrote: »
    Does anyone have certain foods they eat to increase there calories ? I eat enough more than 3 times a day but i guess my calorie intake isn’t great and my appetite isn’t big enough to eat more all the time.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Hey!
    This is such a great idea, my god I need advice in this!
    Can I jump in with a question?

I’m 21, 5”7 and I’ve just shed all the fat I wanted to lose, but now I’m focusing on building up muscle. What I’m struggling with is I’m susceptible to put fat on 🙄 so I have upped my calories and my protein massively and am watching my meals to make sure they aren’t over my macros, and I’ve been lifting 5-6 time’s a week. I have noticed muscle gain but also fat gain as well....do you ladies fit cardio into your weekly workouts as well?
    I’ve been told to hold off the cardio for the bulking period but I don’t like the fat I’m seeing!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ☺️

I do cardio at least once a week - HIIT on the rower

and walk a lot. Walking is the best cardio
  • crisa90
    crisa90 Posts: 19 Member
    I absolutely HATE the unavoidable fat gain that I see when I’m bulking but honestly this just means you’re doing it right. You definitely don’t want to gain an abhorrent amount of fat as that is overdoing it, but in order to gain muscle you have to be at a calories surplus and gaining a little bit of fat means that muscles are well under construction! ;) I definitely do agree that you shouldn’t do cardio while bulking because it will burn off those extra cals needed to build muscle. Save the cardio for when you’re cutting! Also, in my experience as a personal trainer the cutting portion is 10000000x easier to see results if you haven’t been doing cardio the whole time. Let me know if this was helpful!!
    Hey!
    This is such a great idea, my god I need advice in this!
    Can I jump in with a question?

I’m 21, 5”7 and I’ve just shed all the fat I wanted to lose, but now I’m focusing on building up muscle. What I’m struggling with is I’m susceptible to put fat on 🙄 so I have upped my calories and my protein massively and am watching my meals to make sure they aren’t over my macros, and I’ve been lifting 5-6 time’s a week. I have noticed muscle gain but also fat gain as well....do you ladies fit cardio into your weekly workouts as well?
    I’ve been told to hold off the cardio for the bulking period but I don’t like the fat I’m seeing!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated ☺️

• preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    it looks like there is only few females who want gain weight?

It's not as common for women to gain, but there are some times where I do notice an increase. I would love to join you all but I'm taking a break from bulking right now. I will be cheering you on from the sidelines :)

Cheer us girl because it is a struggle
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Well I am gaining right now but that's bc I'm pregnant :D I'm finding that's there's not really a place for me in the forums lol.

Haha! That's a good reason to gain. :D I'm gaining right now because I'm too lazy to be strict with my food. So I just hit the weights hard and call it a mini bulk.
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Well I am gaining right now but that's bc I'm pregnant :D I'm finding that's there's not really a place for me in the forums lol.

Congratulations!!!
  • StargazerB

Haha! That's a good reason to gain. :D I'm gaining right now because I'm too lazy to be strict with my food. So I just hit the weights hard and call it a mini bulk.

That is essentially how this bulk started for me and I decided to just go with it!
  • trustme3
    trustme3 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m gaining as well because of pregnancy but need to slow it down . This is baby 3 for me and I don’t want to have to loose as much as I did with my 2 girls
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    trustme3 wrote: »
    I’m gaining as well because of pregnancy but need to slow it down . This is baby 3 for me and I don’t want to have to loose as much as I did with my 2 girls

Congratulations 🎊
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    trustme3 wrote: »

Well then we are on the same page! I gained 65 lbs with my last pregnancy so I'm trying to only gain the recommended 25-35 this time.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member

I think most people are looking to lose weight. And after losing weight it can be intimidating to make the choice to gain for muscle. It took me over a year to finally be ready to intentionally gain weight. And that was only after a break from logging and a slow unintentional weight gain.

And you look FAB!
  • StargazerB

I think most people are looking to lose weight. And after losing weight it can be intimidating to make the choice to gain for muscle. It took me over a year to finally be ready to intentionally gain weight. And that was only after a break from logging and a slow unintentional weight gain.

And you look FAB!

Thank you! ☺️
  • I am having difficulty with getting enough calories. I usually exercise walk or run for an hour each day, and I lift weights 3 x a week with 2 days being for HIIT intervals and running....I generally love to stick to veggies and high volume foods. Sometimes my exercise deficit (300 cal for walking, about 250 for weights) means I have to consume a lot of food. What are some good ways of ensuring enough calories?
  • StargazerB
    My weight is bouncing all over the place. I'm using Libra to trend it but it's kind of hard to know exactly the rate I'm gaining. I'm trying to go slow to minimize fat gain. This is kind of frustrating. I've been doing my measurements once a month but maybe I should take those weekly?