Gaining Weight Females Group

Replies

• preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    My weight is bouncing all over the place. I'm using Libra to trend it but it's kind of hard to know exactly the rate I'm gaining. I'm trying to go slow to minimize fat gain. This is kind of frustrating. I've been doing my measurements once a month but maybe I should take those weekly?

I do mine monthly
  • jaciejaciexoxo
    jaciejaciexoxo Posts: 49 Member
    Hi ladies! I’m 20, 5’7-8 & 116 lbs (Lost a few lbs from being sick from 119)....I’m still growing so I don’t know my normal weight yet but from a few months of training last year I reached my heaviest, I wasn’t serious or tracking the scale but I estimate around 125-130...my goal is to first get back to that and then reach 145...it’s just so hard bc I’m especially susceptible to losing weight...but it makes it a lot easier seeing other ladies with the same goal❤️
  • sugakane27
    sugakane27 Posts: 1 Member
    New on board want to gain 145-150. I'm 5'5. I was 140 2 yrs ago and I love my size but I wanted a little more so my set goal is 150 max. I believe im 129-130. I will buy scale and take proper measurements. I will be taken in 4,000 calories a day. Happy weight gain!!
  • Amaya6702
    Amaya6702 Posts: 13 Member
    edited December 2018
    I just started my weight gaining journey on 12/6/18, I started at 120 and now I'm 126 wanting to gain another 15lbs. I've been trying to eat at least 2500 calories a day usually more and gnc pro bulk 1340 protein powder makes it easy for me to hit my calorie goal everyday since I struggle to eat a lot. I'm taking 2100mg of maca powder daily as well so fat will go to my hips butt and chest. My measurments are 33-27-38 I'll give you guys an update if the maca helps increase my bust and hips. Edit- I'm 5'4 20 years old
  • MAAM59
    MAAM59 Posts: 1 Member
    I want to gain weight but i have been struggling for a long time..
    Right now i am eating enough calories to increase my weight but i dont know should i do specific exercises too? So that the added weight goes to the “ right places” ?
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    MAAM59 wrote: »
    I want to gain weight but i have been struggling for a long time..
    Right now i am eating enough calories to increase my weight but i dont know should i do specific exercises too? So that the added weight goes to the “ right places” ?

Weight training will be your best friend.

See this link for a list of program options

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,470 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    it looks like there is only few females who want gain weight?

It's not as common for women to gain, but there are some times where I do notice an increase. I would love to join you all but I'm taking a break from bulking right now. I will be cheering you on from the sidelines :)
    sardelsa wrote: »
    it looks like there is only few females who want gain weight?

It's not as common for women to gain, but there are some times where I do notice an increase. I would love to join you all but I'm taking a break from bulking right now. I will be cheering you on from the sidelines :)

^^^ this. I'm currently on a mini-cut but will be looking to bulk in a couple months.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    jessrrs wrote: »
    First image is me as a freshman in HS. Weighed about 95lbs soaking wet. Have always been naturally skinny/ lanky but I ate just fine and was healthy. But I hated myself so much (for being a “bag of bones”, no hips/ butt/ boobs/ & feeling completely un-feminine) that I developed body dysmorphia disorder from an early age.
    Second & third images are recent about 4 years later. I’ve been lifting on and off for that time & I’ve made a lot of progress. I still struggle with my BDD, but I am proud of myself nonetheless.
    mh5rv9zwu8lf.jpeg
    e70fxt27k0hi.jpegxku2lmk7035f.jpeg

WOW!!! Amazing work!
  • ContanceandJoy
    ContanceandJoy Posts: 11 Member
    edited December 2018
    Hello. I am new to mfp and here to gain. Increased caloric intact and planning have been beneficial but a community and idea sharing would be great. Thanks for starting conversation. Best wishes!
  • ContanceandJoy
    ContanceandJoy Posts: 11 Member
    Has anyone had good luck customizing the ticker or other apps- on MFP or otherwise to track weight maintenance or gain-or other apps without or outside of MFP? tips appreciated.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Amaya6702 wrote: »
    nexangelus wrote: »
    Some athletes might go up weight classes in competition (strongwoman, powerlifting, olympic weighlifting, bodybuilding) so they might be on the list of females wanting to gain mass...I am one of those, I need to grow some more lean mass (last push as I am an intermediate to advanced lifter now) for my competitions...

I am one of those looking to gain another 8lbs or so by end of next March. I do not struggle with this (I feel stronger and can train harder on more calories!) I am not in the BMI healthy weight range ( 5 foot 5 and 157lbs at the moment) but I need to gain mass as I will be competing against ladies who are up to 81.9 kg in weight (180.5lbs)...

p.s. to the poster above @Amaya6702 there is no science behind what you are saying...herbs do not magically increase or help to increase/affect hormones, etc...certain medications do, but not the herbal type...loads of "superfoods" have been debunked, lots of faddy shite gets touted here on MFP, it is really irritating, but hey ho! I am post menopausal, 44, and I fully empathise with mom23mangos...it ain't no walk in the park the menopause thing (especially mood wise and libido for me, it sucks)...

I wish you the best of luck on your weight gaining journey. As for the maca root, there is plenty of scientific research backing the claim of it being a natural aphrodisiac and adaptogen. I would'nt call it a fad either considering it's been cultivated for 2000+ years in Peru, allegedly it was worth more than gold in the ancient Incan empire because of its fertility benefits. I shared my experience with maca root to be helpful to other women in a similar situation I was in. I only learned about maca root two weeks ago when I saw YouTube videos of women talking about taking maca for their weight gain journey, and I'm so glad I got myself a bottle it has benefitted me so much in only two weeks. I wanted to share my experience with maca on this forum for women like me who are thinking about trying it or maybe they have a hormone inbalance like I did and there really aren't a lot of reviews that detail how it effects gaining weight, so I thought my experience might be helpful. Of course this is just my two cents, take from it what you will, but to me maca was very beneficial. Here is some more quoted information about effects of maca specifically on menopausal women, maybe you should look into it you can't knock it till you've tried it, it might actually help you and it doesn't hurt to try it, it is just a root vegetable.

"It has been studied clinically to support a balanced transition through menopause, and it does so without particularly influencing sex hormone levels.* Maca tonifies the female reproductive system and may enhance arousal and sexual desire.* It can also help with fertility.* Studies have shown that Maca may benefit psychological symptoms and sexual function in postmenopausal women.*

MACA CAN HELP BALANCE HORMONE LEVELS
    By nourishing and stimulating the adrenal glands, Maca Root can help balance hormone levels.* As an adaptogenic herb, Maca supports normal hormone production and supports the body’s natural liver detoxification.* Maca has been shown to help with hormonal issues, including PMS, menopause, and hot flashes.*"

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28811221 and most studies are still out as there is not yet enough proof that maca does all its stated to do.as for weight gain it depends on your genetics and where you will gain it. you cannot spot add on fat or weight just as you cannot spot reduce when losing. as for not hurting to try it yes it can if you take too much just like any other supplement,it may also react with certain meds as well.

it says it MAY help with hot flashes,menopause,etc. I found this too "if you have thyroid problems, you may want to be careful with maca. it contains goitrogens, substances that may interfere with the normal function of the thyroid gland. especially if you have a thyroid issue. and it says not for pregnant or breastfeeding women

read from 7.2 on https://examine.com/supplements/maca/

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Has anyone had good luck customizing the ticker or other apps- on MFP or otherwise to track weight maintenance or gain-or other apps without or outside of MFP? tips appreciated.

think the ticker is broken it hasnt worked in a LONG time