Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,769 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Guess who I am tonight....

The tooth fairy 😂

Oh such fun!

Force feeding medicine. My youngest was sick a lot as a baby, actually until we moved out here she had asthma and was in the hospital a lot over her first few years of life. She hated medicine we literally sat on her to get it in her. I would put her on the floor, squat over her and hold her hands between my bent legs and her head between my knees. Remember, hubby drove truck so I was home alone a lot with her and just didn't have enough hands! I would use a syringe so I could get it far in the back of her throat. I wore more banana and cherry flavoured medicine than I care to remember. My eldest was petrified that her kids would take after their auntie and not be good patients, she remembers the fights we had.
  • hope25
    hope25 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wednesday goals:
    1. Log food throughout the day. yes
    2. No sweets. No I ate to many of these, but I logged them
    3. Drink water. Yes
    4. No snacks between work and dinner yes :)
    5. 10,000 steps yes 10346

Thursday:
    1. Log food
    2. One sweet only
    3. Drink water
    4. No snacks between work and dinner
    5. 10,000 steps
    6. Dinner out make choices and log everything
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Guess who I am tonight....

The tooth fairy 😂

Oh my god Bex I love you!! Completely forgot that my younger daughter lost one yesterday and you’ve reminded me to go and do my tooth fairy duties just the nick of time!! (In my defence I am very tired and this must be the 22nd time I’ve done it between the two girls) 😬 🙏 🧚‍♀️
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Has anyone seen our new guitar playing brother?... I hope he's doing okay?!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Did I not post again!! I was sure I had .... but... I can't find it. I guess I am losing my mind LOL!!

Today was a day full of temptations. I go to the gym in the morning.... and a friend there gives me a Christmas gift. I bag full of candy!!!! :s While it was sweet of her ... that is the last thing I need. These people at the gym are crazy! One keeps bringing in homemade cookies for everyone (luckly the day she brought in mine I did not go, so someone else took them and ate them!). I have not touched the candy yet ... I plan on taking it with us when we go to see our son and give it to the grandsons.

Then tonite, my neighbor comes over ... with my Christmas gift. It is a beautiful, 3 bowl set, all with lids, and very Christmassy! But guess what is in each bowl! First bowl is filled with Hershey Kiss candy! Second bowl has homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! Third bowl is full of miniature snickers candy bars!!HELP ME!!~!!!!

So, to be polite while she was visiting, I ate one of the oatmeal cookies, and logged it. Tonite I am hungry, and instead of going and getting just one piece of candy ... I had a bowl of raisin bran cereal. I know if I eat just one piece ... I will end up eating candy the rest of the nite! My gift to my neighbor is not going to be candy .. I am sewing her something. And I told my husband that all these friends at the gym ... especially since I do not know what to get them as a gift ... they are all getting a bag of candy! Is that mean or what!!

So today I did OK. I tried to realize that food is not the answer. But eating healthy is something I can control... and just let whatever feelings want to drive me to eat ... those feelings will either pass, or I can figure out another way to handle them.

So my goals for tomorrow are simple, basic
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating.... is is worth those extra calories. How would I feel afterwards if I do not give in. Ask myself this each time
    4. work on more christmas gifts .... 2 more sets of embroidered towels to finish.
    5. go to walmart and get last gift

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,213 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Has anyone seen our new guitar playing brother?... I hope he's doing okay?!!

He has not been back ... maybe he will come back now. Why is it we scare the men away!

Finally, I mixed Marleys medicine with ice cream and the little bugger knew what I did.
    So I've just mixed it with 2 yoghurts to dilute it and shes eating it now.
    Mummy 1 - Marley 0

Kids are way too smart, arn't they! I remember trying to smash medicine in candy, and they still would figure it out! Oh ... and have fun being the tooth fairy!

This is my average over 7 days that I show in the excel sheet, if I go by just week over week since October 10th when the challenge was posted by @mytime6630 I have lost 4.2 lbs.

GREAT JOB!!!!Especially this time of year!

Had a really GREAT day yesterday...one time in a row, huh? Go me! Hahaha! I'll take it! I feel re-energized to do this thing for some reason. Probably a combination of meeting with the H&W coach, reading Beck's Diet Solution and really following it, having my body and head begin to feel a bit better after concussion and body slam on black ice, and a bit less stress at work now that I know what my job holds in store.

Don't have time to read and catch up right now again (so sorry! I feel like the worst friend ever!) but will try to hop on this afternoon and catch up a little bit while I take my walk.

So proud of you!!!! You keep going ... you are doing great! I think sometimes we just have to be ready for the change ... and you are ready!! And don't ever say you are a worse friend !! We all know how busy you are --- we all miss you, but know you are torn in a million directons, much less having so many health issues you are dealing we. But .... we all love to see your posts, and miss you! But so very proud of you.!! Next year we are both going to reach our goals!! I think I am ready also to make the real changes needed.

This spoke to me today...from Daily Diet Tips from Beck's Diet Solutions. Thought I'd share!

Tuesday Reality Check – December 11, 2018

If you think, “There’s so much junk food at work right now, I just can’t resist it,” remind yourself, “It’s worth it not to eat junk food at work. I don’t want to be plagued by cravings and I don’t want to gain weight and I don’t want to feel guilty afterwards. IF I see treats in the office that I want, remember: I CAN have them, just not right now. I’ll enjoy the treats so much more at home when I’ve planned to have it because I’ll eat it guilt free (and I won’t have to worry about overeating because I will only have one portion with me).”

Love this! Thank you for sharing!

Yesterday was a decent day - did well with eating and exercise, but forgot pretty much everything else on my list! I'm a bit preoccupied with preparing for interview on Friday - once that's over I will get organised again!

Best of luck on your job interview!
  • Faebert
    Options
    Ooh so hectic here today. Have a half day (allowed to do planning from home as a Christmas treat but I’ve already done it) and lots to do before I host the work Christmas party at my house tomorrow night. 40 people - eek! It’s being catered, thank goodness but I’m still making dessert and have to make the whole house look pretty and make sure the girls and cat are sorted and..and...!!

Up early to make a head start - wish me luck!

Wednesday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Vouchers on car ✅
    - Take presents for godchild and sibs to work ✅
    - Meet friend at lunchtime ✅
    - Stocking filler shopping after work ❎ had to go and collect another delivery!
    - Pack car with stuff for the dump ✅
    - Early night ✅ So early the bf phoned me at 10pm and I thought it was the next morning!

Thursday goals
    - morning workout
    - Take things to recycling centre
    - Girls carol concert 2pm and pick up from school early at 3:15pm
    - Pick up alcohol from M
    - Get a tan
    - jet wash garden and front steps?? This may be overly ambitious! And silly as it will be dark...
    - Make cakes ✅ They’re in the oven - ice tonight
    - General tidy up and clean
    - Girls pack for weekend
    - Card and wrap birthday gift
    - Bed at a reasonably sensible hour??

Arghh! X
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Status:
    1. Walk for 3 km minimum or start Running challenge - C25K: I managed to complete day 1 week 1 of C25K
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya X
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done X
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee DONE
    5. Be within the calorie limit X
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient. X

Thursday JFT (13.12.2018):
    1. Walk for 3 km minimum or start Running challenge - C25K
    2. Do sudharshana Kriya
    3. Do not spend more than 30 bucks on food done
    4. Use stevia in tea & coffee
    5. Be within the calorie limit
    6. Be mindful of volume of my voice & don’t get annoyed. Be patient.

Things I need to work on gradually:
    1. Be consistent in exercising
    2. Work on saving money
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Reduce sugar in tea & coffee. Use stevia instead
    5. Be within calorie limit & create a deficit
    6. Learn something w.r.t work everyday
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Did I not post again!! I was sure I had .... but... I can't find it. I guess I am losing my mind LOL!!

Today was a day full of temptations. I go to the gym in the morning.... and a friend there gives me a Christmas gift. I bag full of candy!!!! :s While it was sweet of her ... that is the last thing I need. These people at the gym are crazy! One keeps bringing in homemade cookies for everyone (luckly the day she brought in mine I did not go, so someone else took them and ate them!). I have not touched the candy yet ... I plan on taking it with us when we go to see our son and give it to the grandsons.

Then tonite, my neighbor comes over ... with my Christmas gift. It is a beautiful, 3 bowl set, all with lids, and very Christmassy! But guess what is in each bowl! First bowl is filled with Hershey Kiss candy! Second bowl has homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! Third bowl is full of miniature snickers candy bars!!HELP ME!!~!!!!

So, to be polite while she was visiting, I ate one of the oatmeal cookies, and logged it. Tonite I am hungry, and instead of going and getting just one piece of candy ... I had a bowl of raisin bran cereal. I know if I eat just one piece ... I will end up eating candy the rest of the nite! My gift to my neighbor is not going to be candy .. I am sewing her something. And I told my husband that all these friends at the gym ... especially since I do not know what to get them as a gift ... they are all getting a bag of candy! Is that mean or what!!

So today I did OK. I tried to realize that food is not the answer. But eating healthy is something I can control... and just let whatever feelings want to drive me to eat ... those feelings will either pass, or I can figure out another way to handle them.

1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. mindful eating.... is is worth those extra calories. How would I feel afterwards if I do not give in. Ask myself this each time
    4. work on more christmas gifts .... 2 more sets of embroidered towels to finish.

Quick! Stash your neighbor's goodies in the trunk of your car to take to the grands! Better the car's trunk than yours, lolol!!!! Great willpower you've got going there, keep going...and what the haystack??? The gym should ban all candy and cookies!!! :)

Peace and joy
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630

"He has not been back ... maybe he will come back now. Why is it we scare the men away!"

Two Words: Hen Party!!!! (peck-a-little, talk-a-little, peck-a-little, talk-a-little, cheepcheepcheep, peck-a-lot, talk-a-little more!!!)
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Well, the last two days were rubbish.

Tuesday was my department Christmas party. I was ok food wise, but drank way too much and ended up getting home at 1.30am (having to get up at 6.45am).

As such, yesterday I was shattered, hungover and ate everything in sight. :#

I'm not very impressed with myself. But equally, I'm not going to beat myself up. I will learn from it and move on. And the lesson I've learned is that I need to have a plan for the drinking and STICK TO IT. I've actually got much better for having and sticking to a plan for eating, but I tend to be more spontaneous plan for drinking and that really just doesn't work for me.

I can put this into action tonight - company Christmas party! My plan for tonight is actually not to drink at all. I have a job interview tomorrow, so cannot afford to be tired or even remotely off colour. I don't think I can trust myself to stop after one drink at a Christmas party, so it's going to have to be alcohol free! I have asked two work buddies to help me stick to this.

So, today's commitments:

- Read response cards at least twice
    - Take only a moderate amount of food at the party. Only savoury food, nothing sweet
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Print out stuff for interview at work
    - Finish work at 5pm
    - Leave party at 8pm
    - Prepare for interview
    - Lights out by 11
  • Faebert
    Options
    Well, the last two days were rubbish.

Tuesday was my department Christmas party. I was ok food wise, but drank way too much and ended up getting home at 1.30am (having to get up at 6.45am).

As such, yesterday I was shattered, hungover and ate everything in sight. :#

I'm not very impressed with myself. But equally, I'm not going to beat myself up. I will learn from it and move on. And the lesson I've learned is that I need to have a plan for the drinking and STICK TO IT. I've actually got much better for having and sticking to a plan for eating, but I tend to be more spontaneous plan for drinking and that really just doesn't work for me.

I can put this into action tonight - company Christmas party! My plan for tonight is actually not to drink at all. I have a job interview tomorrow, so cannot afford to be tired or even remotely off colour. I don't think I can trust myself to stop after one drink at a Christmas party, so it's going to have to be alcohol free! I have asked two work buddies to help me stick to this.

So, today's commitments:

- Read response cards at least twice
    - Take only a moderate amount of food at the party. Only savoury food, nothing sweet
    - 3+ bottles water
    - No alcohol

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Print out stuff for interview at work
    - Finish work at 5pm
    - Leave party at 8pm
    - Prepare for interview
    - Lights out by 11

Good luck @slittlemeister !
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water

Oh my they're really testing you aren't they?
    So the first bag of sweets, even though it was yours, you're now gifting to your grandkids so don't eat any because they're theirs now!

I think it's just that time of year so alot of the gifts from people who don't know you extremely well will be gifting candy.
    But well done on logging it and having something else instead.

You're in control right now!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Eugh why does sleep evade me.

Got the health visitor coming today
    So need to get the lounge atleast very tidy.
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    Things have been going very well eating wise this week even though my job has been really stressful so hoping to stay the course.
    1. Log all food
    2. 150 oz water
    3. Taking a friend for birthday lunch. Try not to overindulge
    4. Go to barre class
    5. Girl Scout cookie meeting tonight. Again, try not to overindulge
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 12-12-18

1. Log all food!!! :D
    2. Bring lunch! :D
    3. Work 815-330(hopefully) :)
    4. Put food in crock pot BEFORE work :D
    5. Eat what is in the pot! :D
    6. Drink 84oz in water :D
    7. Dishes! :D
    8. Hockey night with DH :D
    9. Lights out by 11 :)

Wow...2 out of 9...On to today!

JFT, 12-13-18

1. Log all food NOT MATTER WHAT
    2. Figure out a healthy lunch
    3. Figure out dinner
    4. Have the DH drive me to work
    5. Work 815-515
    6. Finish budget
    7. DH's PT appt after work
    8. Actually eat a healthy dinner
    9. Spend time with the DH in the evening
    10. Bed before 11.

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Shower. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. TAKE SHOES.
    2. Review S2 plans and compare to S1 plans / notes. Check absences and compare to plans. Check on barn order with K. Check with C about Plex after school. Continue updating poetry quiz. Check on IXL account? Check on example poetry project and finish. Write out References for reflection essay. Revise and reprint button designs. Duo. Blog post.
    3. Class 2-3: Present projects. Review/check grammar. Collect reflections. Prep for Socratic Seminar. Incarceration data? Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Need to practice relative pronouns.
    4. Class 4 - Capitalization practice. Reflection 48. Preparation for Socratic Seminar. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). TAKE PROTEIN SHAKE HOME. TAKE BOOKS HOME.
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    6. Strength 4:30. Theater on Friday by 6:30. Update Goodreads Friday. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ. Add beef stew to recipe list and log. Marilla p 60-110.
    7. Used bookstore and Christmas shopping. Library Thursday for buttons - CALL AHEAD.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Thu lunch: BBQ salad. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Look for low prices on eyepins and crimp beads.

JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. GRADE ALL PROJECTS. Review S2 plans and compare to S1 plans / notes. Check absences and compare to plans. Check on barn order with K. Continue updating poetry quiz. Check on example poetry project and finish. Write out References for reflection essay. Find analysis of TV programs mentioned. PRINT SOCRATIC FORMS. Duo.
    3. Class 2-3: Reflection time (20 min). Socratic Seminar. Collect ALL reflections. Need to practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    4. Class 4: Put all assessments in Assessments folder. Check Handouts folder for standards. Socratic Seminar. 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). TAKE PROTEIN SHAKE HOME
    5. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Update class websites. Write blog comments.
    6. Zumba 5:30. CALL LIBRARY. Take gifts for angel tree. Theater on Friday by 6:30. Update Goodreads Friday. Plan article on building up to public speaking for EJ.
    7. Library after Zumba - make buttons. Discuss meals for next week. Marilla p 110-160.
    8. Therapy exercises. Prep Fri lunch: Beef stew. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:00. Check on Plex with C next week. Check on IXL account with math dept next week.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    October: 185.4
    November: 188.2
    Today: 189.2

Ongoing plans/ideas
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" at thrift stores.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion.
    3. Create poetry project using Those Winter Sundays, Sonnet 18, and Sonnet 30. Find out if a second masters pays the same as an EdS.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook.
    8. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.
    10. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest. Minibuttons that say THIS IS WHAT ANTIFASCISM LOOKS LIKE. White text on black bars on red background. Create buttons at library.
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I did it! I was able to skip lunch yesterday and was very surprised with the experience! To begin with, I was not really hungry during the whole 12 hours of fasting, nor did my level of discomfort go beyond a 3 @ 4:00 pm. But the main gain from this experience was that I realized that when I get home after work I’m in a “mood” (I guess tired and thus irritable) and I go for whatever food is available. B/c it’s such a rushed and mindless experience, I don’t feel satisfaction and that’s when I totally overeat. Sooo, when I caught myself in this “mood” I deliberately slowed down, took a couple of deep breaths, put relaxing music on and went about getting/eating dinner in a very mindful way and lo and behold: I was satiated with about 1/2 of what I usually eat and made some really good food choices! This was such a discovery for me! I’ve fasted for religious reasons before and every time have had epiphany’s so this was another very important one that I’m sure will carry me over as I continue on my journey.

Another thing that happened is that I feel like I hit the “reset” button and all the temptations, slippery slopes, sabotaging thoughts, etc. that were starting to creep up are now at bay. I’m sure they’ll return but I now feel like I have the knowledge, the understanding and the strategy to handle those demons. This is indeed a new level of understanding and tackling the weight loss journey that makes this time a “different” experience. I’m so glad for the Beck book and for having y’all here with me! <3

I’m planning on getting a laptop in the next couple of months so that way I am able to get on this thread from home and actually respond to your insightful/funny/touching/etc. posts. For now I thought
    the “Hen Party” response by @toaljasa was hilarious,
    the tempting with candy gifts is an opportunity for @mytime6630 to exercise her resistance muscle. You got this girl! We’re in this with you and send you lots of muscle power!
    @Bex953172: I wish I were there to babysit your girls so that you can get some really good rest!
    @slittlemeister Best of the best on your job interview and remember, if that is the job for you, you will get it no matter what.
    @Snowflake1968, I love making cards. I’ve got a couple of really nice stamps and Martha Stewart punches that I’m dying to start using as soon as I’m able to. I still have a lot of things packed in boxes from our move so I can’t wait to unpack them to make even if just a few. Creating is so important for the soul! We're in a little town called Melrose, east of Gainesville in North Central Florida. We literally had mini icicles hanging off the front gate yesterday!. It was 34 degrees when I left the house yesterday and today it's going up in to the 70's so go figure :p

OK, enough said for today. My goals:

JFT: Thursday, 12/13/18
    Read my Advantages to Losing Weight card at least 3 times
    Give myself credit at least 3 times
    Differentiate between hunger, desire, cravings

Hugs to all! <3<3<3

PS: I forgot to add that I got really bad foot cramps towards the evening but I'm not sure if they had anything to do with the fast or what. I haven't had them in a while and luckily they subsided after about an hour :)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys What grade do you teach? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your class, I love all your assignment ideas - Language Arts/English was always my favorite subject. Good luck with the larger class size next semester!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @HEGoddard0928 You're doing great! Got a good streak going!

@slittlemeister Best of luck in your interview - I'm sure you'll rock it!

@Mytime6630 OMG WHAT THE HECK GYM PEOPLE?! The neighbor I can see - but fitness folks, cmon!

@Bex953172 Hang in there today!

@Faebert good luck setting up for the party that is always so hectic!