Replies

• Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    5/12: 4.04km
    7/12: 6.02km
    12/12: 5.07km

Total: 15.13/32km

Yesterday's run was hard. I really didn't want to go out for it, but I got changed and did it anyway. It felt fast, but my pace was well down on previous runs, so not quite sure why that is. Could be because I took the pup out last night and he really does love to run around the wrong sides of lampposts and stop for a random shake every now and then which really breaks up my rhythm And run a previous route backwards and I have decided that I don't like it, the way the hills work out and the final long stretch at the end, I think I'd much rather do them the other way around.

Also question for everyone, anyone had experience with pain in their foot arches? My right foot was really hurting me for some of the run yesterday and I'm not sure if it's something to do with form, or if I just need new shoes, or what. And are there any suggestions as to what I can do about it?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    I too make spreadsheets! I just never quite finish filling them out, nor really remember to look at them more than once or twice...
  • dewit
    dewit Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Very similar route to Sunday's but backwards (opposite direction backwards, not running backwards, that would just be silly).

:smiley: good that you made that clear, for a moment I thought that I'm off trend again :smiley:

Good luck with sticking to your plans! I agree that making plans is helping us achieving more. Just make sure you keep the spirits up even it does not turn just *exactly* as the plan on the spreadsheet is.
  • PastorVincent
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Hey savy shoppers! Amazon is offering "Up to 30% Off on Nike Reebok Adidas and More!" - Saw Reebok Compression Leggings for $17, Saucony shoes for $55 and more. Might want to check it out. Pretty sure it is today only

Click for direct link: AMAZON.COM to go to the sale page.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Hey savy shoppers! Amazon is offering "Up to 30% Off on Nike Reebok Adidas and More!" - Saw Reebok Compression Leggings for $17, Saucony shoes for $55 and more. Might want to check it out. Pretty sure it is today only

Click for direct link: AMAZON.COM to go to the sale page.

I need to buy for people on my Christmas list, not me, but somehow I keep on buying for me! LOL . But I must check it out!

• girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »

Also question for everyone, anyone had experience with pain in their foot arches? My right foot was really hurting me for some of the run yesterday and I'm not sure if it's something to do with form, or if I just need new shoes, or what. And are there any suggestions as to what I can do about it?

look up exercises for Plantar Fasciitis and start doing them regularly NOW.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »

I will do, but most articles talking about it seem to be talking about heel pain which isn't what I'm getting. Or is it that that's just most common symptoms?

Also, I've looked at stretches (and tried a couple out), am I supposed to be able to feel the stretch in my feet like I would with other muscle stretches? At the moment I can't really feel anything when I'm doing the stretches. I have fairly immobile ankles (due to a series of serious sprains over the years) so I don't know if it's supposed to feel like that, or I'm struggling to get the stretch because of the immobility.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @Tramboman we don't do freezing here but I hear ya on the rest. I just worked out I don't really NEED to run before the sun comes up anymore, and now I bet before I know it I WILL need to again. I need to move to the Canary Islands....
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    girlinahat wrote: »

I will do, but most articles talking about it seem to be talking about heel pain which isn't what I'm getting. Or is it that that's just most common symptoms?

Also, I've looked at stretches (and tried a couple out), am I supposed to be able to feel the stretch in my feet like I would with other muscle stretches? At the moment I can't really feel anything when I'm doing the stretches. I have fairly immobile ankles (due to a series of serious sprains over the years) so I don't know if it's supposed to feel like that, or I'm struggling to get the stretch because of the immobility.

It would be worth your time to consult a podiatrist and learn exactly what *your* foot issues are. I could tell you what I do for *my* foot issues, but if your issues are different than mine you will at best be wasting your time doing what I do. There are an awful lot of moving parts in the feet, and it's worth paying a professional to learn the effective and efficient ways to address your own specific issues.

Once you learn where your weaknesses are, you'll build a repertoire of things to do to mitigate your weaknesses without wasting time working on stuff you don't need to work on.

Good advice. :)