My C25k Diary (Will Update as I do each session)

Options

Replies

• Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @GrumpyHeadmistress

The "Nightmare 10" Based on my experience so far, I think it's an actual phenomena, mine seems to last 3 to 5 mins, to be honest I had put it down to 'old knees'. Hoping to to get one of those 3D printers for Christmas, so I can print myself some new ones, preferably a sports turbo version, with red stripes on the side :smiley:

Thanks for the motivation, you have given me another reason to do the Parkrun :smiley:
  • Styggian
    Options
    Session 2 Week 8 done.

Today's session consisted of:

5min warm up
    28min jog
    5min warm down

Preparation fairly automatic, I could hear the rain, but this is England in December, no surprise.

Out the door, tablet now secured in the carrying holster by two elastic bands, in fact so secure that I could not access the volume button.

The warm up walk passed without incident, then onto the 28min run, stared was a bit too fast, so slowed it down to a very steady pace. The left knee made a valiant effort to stop me, however after 3 mins, the pain was gone.

It was early morning so I had the City to myself, or so I thought, the remnants of night club crowd were still waiting for taxis, I had to admire their dedication to fashion, the rain may not have been heavy but the wind was straight from the arctic, very fresh.

Once past the nightlife, went back into run mode, my main focus was keeping out puddles. However the improvised suction system on my left trainer, still worked efficiently, so was running with a soggy left sock.

Am amazed at the distance I now cover, again had to make a detour to fit my warm down walk in. Arrived home slightly soggy and ready for a huge breakfast :)

Next session Tuesday :smiley:
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Well done

Treat yourself to some new trainers for Christmas
  • Styggian
    Options
    @Runaroundafieldx2

On my shopping list :smiley:
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    You are doing so great! Your dedication to keep up with the program even in the outside elements is awesome. You should be very proud of yourself :smile:
  • Styggian
    Options
    @AmyC2288

Thank you very much for those positive comments.

Am definitely pleased with my progress, looking forward to my first Park run :smiley:
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a good run!! Great job!
  • Styggian
    Options
    @martaindale

I did, thank you :smile:
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 30 minutes is huge! I wonder if a compression sleeve for something similar might help for your knee? I know NOTHING about running but if I were running and was experiencing what you are, that would probably be something I'd try. Around here you can pick one up at just about any store for under $10. Anyway, great job for pushing through!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    @Styggian Great job!! You have been so good at sticking to the program and it's showing! Hopefully that knee pain improves!
  • Styggian
    Options
    @AmyC2288

Re the knee, not sure what is happening, but as I can 'run it off' I suspect it's a combination of old age and doing something new, obviously if it becomes a problem in my 'normal' activities will get it checked out.
  • Styggian
    Options
    @martaindale

Re knee I will keep monitoring it, but it's not a major concern for me, am at an age where I have lots of niggles/pain. The activity is new so am assuming it's a 'shock to the system'
  • Styggian
    Options
    @TavistockToad

Thanks for your concern, in a ideal world I would hire all the experts to sort my knee out, unfortunately my finances are not ideal for that sort of expert treatment.

So I have to make compromises, as this pain is not constant am filing it under 'to be monitored'.

Having said that your advice is text book good, and should be followed.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Styggian wrote: »
    @TavistockToad

Thanks for your concern, in a ideal world I would hire all the experts to sort my knee out, unfortunately my finances are not ideal for that sort of expert treatment.

So I have to make compromises, as this pain is not constant am filing it under 'to be monitored'.

Having said that your advice is text book good, and should be followed.

I'm speaking from experience, that's why :laugh:
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on 30 minutes!

• KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hj6kdijdkoq9.jpg

This is me today out running... I am on week 5 of the Couch to 10K and I'm loving it!
    Good Luck to you!
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am on my second week of a half marathon training plan and you are inspiring me.

Congratulations on 30 minutes.