What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• ccsisima
    ccsisima Posts: 9 Member
    HIIT on the treadmill with 2 min walking, 1 min jogging, and 15 seconds sprinting for a total of 30 minutes
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    30min PT finisher for the week
    2mile run
    Chest (bench press, close bench press, incline dumbell press, decline dumbell press, flies)
    45min legs bums and tums (and arms)
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Hour on the erg steady state. 10 min on 90 sec off. Between 18 and 22 s/m. I'm really glad that this week I finally managed to get it through my head that rest can, and in some cases perhaps should mean getting off the erg.

We went full pressure with no rate cap for the last minute of the last interval and I saw some of the lowest splits that done outside of a peak power test.
  • nicoleseph0321
    nicoleseph0321 Posts: 38 Member
    Leg day-
    3X10 superset weighted squat/weighted jump squats
    3X10 superset weighted lunge/weighted jumping lunges
    3X10 hip thrusts
    Short one today!
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    15 miles / 44:42 / 509 calories
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Rest day for me today and I needed it after a 38 minute kettlebell complex workout yesterday afternoon with a 24kg KB.
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Treadmill intervals for 45 minutes. Still sore from kettlebells so I needed a break.
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Morning Yoga Vinyasa
    Evening Abs and Upper Body
    I think I may have overdid it on the upper body though 🙁
    I think I am going to scale the weight back down for a few weeks and build up a little more gradually.....
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Yoga, jumprope, pull ups, dead hangs, wall assisted handstands and L-sits. Tried a couple free handstands afterwards. Thought I found the balance point for a few seconds but quickly lost it. Will keep working on it...

@J72FIT
    Great Job! I love yoga! I’m not on your level yet though. Even though I’ve been practicing for a year, I’m still working that gradual pace
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    5x5 of re-introducing myself to deadlifts, beginning very lightly with ascending weight to
    1x3 when I felt a tweak in my right delt. That's where I stopped.
    And an hour of cardio.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Still just grinding out 8K+CD on the rowing machine, usually 6 days a week, usually SS (working on various techical details**), for the C2 Holiday Challenge. Currently at 159,511m of 200,000m needed by Christmas Eve (I'm about 3 days ahead, from which some rest days will come, but probably not as many as 3 - we'll see).

This was today, 4 x 2K on, 2:30 off, row 6 strokes out of each 2k piece, drink water, wipe sweat, row into next piece; on the last piece, row out the whole 2:30 easy as a CD. Average split by piece 2:24.5, 2:24.5, 2:28.1, 2:25.0, (so each 2K takes between 9 & 10 minutes) at spm 23, 24, 23, 24. I'm not fast, but heck, I'm a li'l ol' lady currently teetering on the edge of lightweight: I think I'm doing OK, dadgummit. ;)

It looked like this, Garmin's estimated spm (it's a little off sometimes) overlaid on HR. You can see the HR drift from piece to piece (power not exactly equal every stroke, of course, but usually in a close range), and the lag in HR drop after the row-out strokes (not to mention the obvious stop in piece #3 to fix my $&*# streaming audio).
    t0chvzlx1vfk.jpg

** Technical details most frequently attended to, always one at a time because I have a simple brain: Heels down first to shift power curve peak left (usually good for a second or two in split); power curve smoothness generally; firming up musculature between shoulder blades (has to do with some nerve impingement issues in right shoulder, maybe, but also drops the split a second or two (!)); accelerate the finish/equal speed away; and - as always - trying to feel that slight unweighting of self on seat from catch to finish. I'm probably forgetting some others that I remember when I feel the fault, or see it in the power curve. ;)
  • aokoye
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I'm not fast, but heck, I'm a li'l ol' lady currently teetering on the edge of lightweight: I think I'm doing OK, dadgummit. ;)
    One of my favorite people at the morning rows is a (probably) smaller and 10 years older than you lady. She brightens my day, even if the sun hasn't come up when I first see her! I would totally be fine if I'm her when I grow up.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    I am on my third day of rest. I miss working out and my head tells me I am losing everything fitness wise that I have worked so hard for. I know I can’t undo my hard work in three days. My body needed rest, rejuvenation. Rest, eating well, sleep and a massage. Hopefully I will come back stronger!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    3.8mile run
    50min bootcamp
    80s themed PARTY - till the wee small hours
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    HilTri wrote: »
    I am on my third day of rest. I miss working out and my head tells me I am losing everything fitness wise that I have worked so hard for. I know I can’t undo my hard work in three days. My body needed rest, rejuvenation. Rest, eating well, sleep and a massage. Hopefully I will come back stronger!

Kudos to you for giving yourself this rest. I, too, struggle with rest but it feels great after such rest to discover how helpful it was and you crank out an awesome strength or cardiovascular conditioning workout; and, maybe a new PR.

• aokoye
    I had what for me was a really good row (on the water) today. I was in a 4 and it was the first time I didn't get really really anxious. Worked on handle height stuff (which frankly will really come when I'm less anxious), lengthening my stroke, and lowering my anxiety. I tried to work on rolling up early, but it was too much to juggle so refocused on catch timing and trying to roll up with our stroke seat (who is an advanced rower.

The water was also really smooth, we saw a bald eagle (normally we see great blue herons), and we were out for an hour and a half give or take. Note - last Saturday I had a really terrible row and got impressively anxious so this is a massive improvement.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    HilTri wrote: »

Kudos to you for giving yourself this rest. I, too, struggle with rest but it feels great after such rest to discover how helpful it was and you crank out an awesome strength or cardiovascular conditioning workout; and, maybe a new PR.

This. Enough rest, and you'll be back with a roar. Rest is pulling back the bow. Hard, though . . . yup.
  • lizziequek
    lizziequek Posts: 1,373 Member
    33.5 mins brisk walk/ slow jog & 1 hour of hatha yoga
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Upper body today, got a good pump in.
  • grmreapper
    grmreapper Posts: 29 Member
    Ran 9 miles in 1hr 15min