What do you own/not own that makes you different?

Options

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I have an electric citrus juicer, because fresh squeezed OJ is the best.

I dont have Snapchat
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    A FB account

I stopped using mine mostly. The meme pages are worth the occasional login.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I have a handcrafted Tibetan nightstand. It's been hand-painted with designs by the maker as well. There are no nails or screws holding it together, just the workmanship to fit the pieces together. I bought it when I lived overseas.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Haha
    I have a mini digger, I've never had an MP3

I think this one is very unusual, it's a mindset thing.

I have more money than I need
    I don't have much in life.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I used to not own a bed. Slept on the floor in the mummy position. I was deep in the minimalist lifestyle.

I ended up making a concession, cause even I was weirding myself out, and bought a tatami mat (twin size) and Japanese futon. Stuck it in the corner. Now if people come over they say, "Oh, that's kinda cool" instead of "What the *kitten* dude???"

I need to hear more about this minimalist lifestyle
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    kam26001 wrote: »
    I used to not own a bed. Slept on the floor in the mummy position. I was deep in the minimalist lifestyle.

I ended up making a concession, cause even I was weirding myself out, and bought a tatami mat (twin size) and Japanese futon. Stuck it in the corner. Now if people come over they say, "Oh, that's kinda cool" instead of "What the *kitten* dude???"

I need to hear more about this minimalist lifestyle

2tjhjgafxwo0.jpg

I'm thinking maybe the chair is making it too cluttered.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have a marlin lever action from 1904 and it is a limited edition. This was built the year after the wright brothers took flight and 8 years before the titanic. Always makes me wonder do I have any modern item that will still be working 100 years form now, probably not.

I also published 2 children's books I think that is kind of unique as I never set out to be an author.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I also don't have FB. I never have had twitter or any other social media.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I don't own a microwave, blender, coffee maker or toaster (I do have a toaster oven tho, but want get rid of it because I use the oven to make toast because I can't be bothered to pull the toaster oven out)

Kettle broke, haven't replaced it because pots, stove and I don't miss it.

I gave away my couch, and dining table and chairs (maybe this should go in the red flag thread)

Was considering just buying a floor pillow, but did replace the couch...for now

Debating on the dining table and chairs, it would be "just for decoration" or company...I stand or sit on the couch to eat.
  • brian_can
    brian_can Posts: 219 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I do NOT own a windmill. Maybe that makes me weird, but I just don't like them.
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    brian_can wrote: »

I never heard of not owning a windmill, however do you manage🤔
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Hmm... my husband built the kids a Tardis kitchen that I designed :)
    The inside of it needs to be redone b/c the kids have drawn all over it, but I think it's pretty darn cool and I know no one else owns anything like it since it all came from my brain and his craftsmanship :D
    I had originally just wanted a little hidey spot shaped like the Tardis. Just empty on the inside the kids could hide in. But then had a brilliant idea of making it a kitchen inside. Took a while to figure out a design that could be closed and opened.

Xmas a couple of years ago.. using it for the kids' stockings :)
    bsZlqzj.jpg

Here it is opened up. My hubs did such an amazing job. Especially considering that this was his first attempt at doing anything like this.
    That's a little phone on the door. That part of the door also swings open so you can get to the phone if it's all closed. :)
    We had our old kitchen sink parts to use for the sink and the fake knobs for the oven hadn't been added yet.
    We also used magnetic paint on the "fridge" part so the kids could put up magnets. The wood wasn't sanded down though so lots of grooves and such so magnets never stuck to it very well lol. Something that we can eventually fix.
    n3huVso.jpg

First, That's awesome!! Second, It's smaller on the outside. :)

15yohhlx0wwy.gif
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Debating on the dining table and chairs, it would be "just for decoration" or company...I stand or sit on the couch to eat.

I have been thinking of doing the same. Recently I moved into a considerably smaller space than my previous home. Which is teaching me how to live with less. A dinning table isn’t something useful or practical in my home.

I know so many people who's dining rooms are rarely used, just closed off even and basically used at holidays...and just for eating. If you can re-purpose the area to something that gets used more often, why not.

Not to say pretty dining rooms aren't a nice thing to have, but if you have one I think you should use it.

I'm in a small space and I think I prefer it as empty as possible. Part of the reason I got rid of my stuff was it just doesn't suit this space, but as I shop to find a replacement, I've realized I don't need it, or think I want it.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    brian_can wrote: »

Pssshjhj...how do you even human
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    I dont own a jacket.. I have one I stole from my ex so I look kind of funny but I dont own my own ladies jacket🤷‍♀️
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    3126xin8prlk.jpg

I also dont own this...and that's kinda sad
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I own a vintage Pachinko machine,
    it’s very cool, engraved balls, built in ashtray and all.
    I’d post a pic but it’s in the attic.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    I have a Tom Servo. It's the most favorite thing I own:

9se1pffuw5bl.jpg

Woah! I love this! :) Check this one out. I'm not owning it for long. It's being given away. 0qmu0j9end7r.jpgnzw5xnxsuvft.jpg
    This is my favorite Yoda of my collection. One of the firsts. Although it's not the original cane. 135od484gakm.jpg