Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,329 Member
    Options
    My villain this weekend was Rice Krispie treats..... Brought an Italian Fruit cake -fruit without all the extra sugar and mint flavored jelly things- for tomorrows dessert affair. Tradition in family is once a year to get a fruit cake and eat it. DF is the only one who really liked it, so I decided to share mine with my coworkers (the nutrition stats on the box was so sad....). It says is serves 14.

Some of my cleaning is large items that only collect dust and food that in smaller quantities see above, would be okay....

Eryn, some good advice above. I concur - it is hard enough to take care of ourselves sometimes, your father needs to do it himself if there is any real success. Hang in there and let us know how we can help.

At work, lurking.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    g2k2ldmyoh0p.png

chatterbox her stuff has moved!!

ulbhds1hsjo8.png

things just wont be the same..........
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Company lunch is Thursday - Tri tip and chicken masala are the options with a vegetarian upon request. Could not ask about lunch as mgmt was gone, but will today. Allergic to a spice makes some options off limits. We shall see.

New lady in area at work is friendly and quiet and worried about her production. My what a change. Will take advantage of the quiet while I can. She spent yesterday decorating - our area is one of the most decorated for the holiday and she knew where she was moving to and she was so excited. I left while she was still working on it. She asked if I worked on production and I admitted that I didnt always get there but yes. Most people had gone when they moved her so she will find out today.

Secret Santa and dessert table is today. I will either have to walk more or ignore the dessert table.

Lurking at work when I get there - hope everyone is handling the Christmas stress okay.

More sleep would be appreciated.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I need to get back into the habit of tracking my food again. This weekend was rough to be honest. The convention staff was incompetent and the hotel wasn't being helpful about the parking kerfuffle they created. I did however walk miles and miles on a daily basis because of the parking issue. Is that a pro or a con? Ahahahha.

Anyways, trying to get back to eating a well balanced diet and drinking plenty of water after a weekend of Chinese food, granola bars, and red bull. The meal of champions am I right!

What's up with everyone else.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Marselli - The meal of champions indeed!

Sara - the new lady who is friendly and quiet must be a blessing. I love the cats celebrating!

Lynn - you will get yourself back into balance soon. Holidays are hard times with all of the parties etc.

Waves to all who stop by later.

Lana

246.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
    December 8th journaling streak continues.

• marsellilove
    Options
    AYE HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY LANA
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    LANA -

xhp7kxkcw1af.jpg

d6v4ct515ev4.png

kso7tkrb71ie.jpg

• hickchic67
    Options
    Sara - if i didnt know better, i would think you were happy that the chatterbox moved! <wink, wink> :D:D:D
    Hope you can continue to enjoy your peace and quiet!
  • hickchic67
    Options
    Eryn - so sorry to hear about your father. added stress is never a good thing. stress over him will be especially so since it will be up to him to get better and not up to you. <<<hugs>>>

Marseli - conventions and the like are rough to try and stay on track. Good job in getting through it!

Finally getting out from under a migraine that lasted 3 days this time. Staying quiet in a dark room has been my goal for the past few days, so no logging, no exercise. Time to get back to it. Time to workout has evaporated as Christmas approaches but I have been getting lots of steps in while unpacking, shopping, cooking, decorating, etc.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9710 total steps.

Have tomorrow off and the toilet was supposed to be replaced tomorrow, but their schedule changed so Friday it is. Just shook my head. Dog is travel case all day on Friday.

Secret Santa - the person I drew was at work but did not attend. I was ???? So :p on her.

Got a huge coffee mug from my Secret Santa and chocolate..... will have to ration those.

Wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Three errands today - day off.

Met lady who had retirement party yesterday 30 years with company - cannot even imagine that anymore. But she ran the ergonomics for the company and I said had started process to get larger monitor and she told me "keep on them about it". I am keeping copies of emails I am sending.....

It is midweek how is everyone doing? 6 more days until Christmas - I knew a woman who waited until the last moment to shop. I dont know how she did it.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I did not do well today. We had snack day at work and I broke diet and allergy rules all over the place. I accept that I knowingly did this and refuse to feel guilty about it.

Tomorrow, I will get back on track and start again.

CW 185
    SW 222
    GW 160 (for now)
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    n2ix5gwxg37d.jpeg

This is about how I feel right now!! Been a hard week painwise. And my stomach has felt like it’s folding in on itself. I am eating enough not to starve, but trying not to make situation worse. I just ate a couple hours ago and I am starving. At a loss for what to do. Trying not to give in to temptation to run to a Sonic drive thru.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying themselves.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    6532 total steps

ate more than walked tomorrow is another day.

Runa are soups something you can eat?

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning!

Week has blown by. How is everyone doing? I will lurk from work.

QOTD: What present would you like for Christmas?

AOTD: I am working towards it - a stationary bicycle so I can get more calories burned and work off some of the treats that have been enjoyed.

Toilet replacement tomorrow so a quiet day for dog. I ran into head guy on project and asked if both my neighbors are getting toilet replaced why not mine? I have an ADA unit and different guidelines. It may be Friday if the toilets get here...... Lovely.

Wave to all who follow. I know it is crazy out there, hang in there. The holiday crunch will end.
  • marsellilove
    Options
    AOTD: I've been wanting a terry cloth robe for a while now so crossing my fingers!

A cupcake totally counts as breakfast right? There is just no escaping the influx of sweets in the office but I refuse to feel bad about it. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and more than one cupcake will leave me feeling sick bluh. Also I don't have much food in the house so it's not like I'm snacking like a maniac after work.

Lunch this week is sausage and egg tacos with black beans and tomatoes :yum: not too shabby
  • jtophinke
    jtophinke Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    AOTD- Bluetooth speaker for my Jeep. I like to listen to books while I drive and some of the readers aren't loud enough for when I'm working.

The mailboxes were full of cookies yesterday. Feeling bloated this morning already. Today I will be more mindful of the amount I taste. CGM went off 3 times last night. 2 juice boxes later I got a solid 4 hours of sleep together before it went off again. Ready for Christmas break.
  • hickchic67
    edited December 2018
    Options
    AOTD - frivolous present would be a roomba. practical present would be hearing aids or a treadmill.

jtophinke - how old of a Jeep? do you have an auxiliary port on your Jeep stereo? i listen to audible on my phone and tablet. i can plug either into aux port and control volume that way, especially handy with stereo controls on steering wheel.

runa - now THAT is some creative meal planning! :D
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I honestly don't remember when I posted last. Did I update on fundraiser? If not, it went amazingly well! 27 bowlers, lots of stuff to raffle and silent auction. All in all, raised $1,112.50! So exciting!

I've been eating lots of things I shouldn't. Really good at not over doing it at work. Once i'm home, all bets are off. Trying not to be too hard on myself. Stress of fundraiser is over. Holiday/winter depression somewhat better. Feeling anxious, more and more. Work... same as always... better for a bit, then just unbelievably bad .. they gave me a promotion, but within 2 days, I knew I didn't want it. So, must write up a letter explaining why.

Can't believe Christmas is only 5 days away. This will be first year... ever...that i'm not going home on Christmas. I will be going home the 27th-29th... Gma is upset. But, she understands I have to work. And, Aunt is making sure that all holidays are divided. So, hoping to avoid any drama....

Hope everyone is well.

Runa, that meal prep looks perfect! Hehe... hope all starts getting better, once the holidays are over.... and, if you make a run to Sonic, it's not the worst. Have that burger or chili cheese coney, then get back on track... hugs to you!

Kathryn- my Gma bought a Roomba... thought she just had to have it... decided she didn't want it, took it back... now, she thinks she wants it... that's my Gma for you :D

Waves to Sara, Lana, Eryn, marselli, jtop and anyone else who stops by...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    9069 total steps had an extra long lunch so walked 20 minutes of it.

Rent increase is making it tempting to move to an upgrade for same price, but the advantage would be short term. So will have to buy less chocolate for coworkers...... boo hoo.

Wishing all a good night.