December 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Congrats on meeting all your goals! You have accomplished quite a lot this year!!

Met my Dec goal today! Beat the rain too, so all good!

I got a Fitbit versa for Christmas this year! I really liked my Fitbit but I was looking for an upgrade and desperately missed having a watch. It syncs with Strava, so I also signed up for that today. I used it for my run today and I think it will be cool, but I'm going to have to play with it a little to figure out all the stuff it can do. The watch is supposed to start automatically tracking, but it takes too long to recognize when I am actually running. So, definitely going to manual start in the future. At least I have a backup if I forget. It also had one of my splits at like 7'50" or something crazy like that. I am not that fast. Not sure what happened there.

Dec run miles: 30.22
    Dec goal miles: 30

2019 Races:

Piney Woods Trailfest 5k - 2/2/2019 registered
    Rodeo Run 10k - 2/23/2019 registered
    Run Houston! Minute Maid Park 10k - 3/23/2019 registered
    Brazos Bend 50 10k - 4/6/2019 registered
    Galveston Island Wine Festival Champagne Fun Run 5k - 4/27/2019
    Women's Quarter Marathon - 5/2019
    El Chupacabra de Houston 10k (night trail run) - 8/2019
    TWRC Run WIld Run Free 5k - 9/2019
    10 for Texas 10 Miler - 10/2019 registration opens Jan 2019
    Wine and Dine half marathon - 11/3/2019

Also doing the team challenge for Run the Year 2019
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @elise4270 - is there a way to edit the title? I couldn't see it but I know in other groups I have been able to.

I was also going to repost the link in the challenge 'announcement list' to add 'January 2019' but forgot to add that and just reposted the link.... it won't even let me edit the post there.

Ya I thought i could edit the title and its contents indefinitely. Something may have changed or i made that part up.
    Grrr! And i tried so hard no to goof it up!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    @elise4270 - is there a way to edit the title? I couldn't see it but I know in other groups I have been able to.

I was also going to repost the link in the challenge 'announcement list' to add 'January 2019' but forgot to add that and just reposted the link.... it won't even let me edit the post there.

Ya I thought i could edit the title and its contents indefinitely. Something may have changed or i made that part up.
    Grrr! And i tried so hard no to goof it up!

Did you contact the mods? What did they say?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 7mph for 1 hour @ 4% grade
    12/2 - 7 miles
    12/3 - 7mph for 1 hour @ 4% grade
    12/4 - 0 KM
    12/5 - 12 miles
    12/6 - Cookies
    12/7 - 12 miles
    12/8 - Christmas Party
    12/9 - Game Night
    12/10 - 7 miles
    12/11 - 7 miles
    12/12 - Work Dinner
    12/13 - 12 miles
    12/14 - 12 miles
    12/15 - 0 KM
    12/16 - 10.5 miles
    12/17 - 13.1 miles
    12/18 - 0KM
    12/19 - 8 miles
    12/20 - 7.5 rainy miles.
    12/21 - 0 KM
    12/22 - 6.5 miles @ 4% grade
    12/23 - 12 miles
    12/24 - 0 KM
    12/25 - Christmas!
    12/26 - 12 miles

Upcoming Races
    Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Well, I left without my hand warmers. Dummy me. Temp was 46 to start, and knew I would need heavy gloves, but thought I could get away without burning a handwarmer set. Temp fell to the thirties by the time I got back though. Fingers where soooooooo cold.

Pulled them out of the glove/mitten combo and yep. Stark white. I mean I am "white boy" but this was way white. Like white paint white. Tried to take a picture but could not get my fingers working enough. Till they warmed up and were not nearly as white. Hurt though.

So I guess that is the final confirmation. I can add Raynaud's to the list of things wrong with me. Yay!

Well the good news is you know what it is now. Instead of just being the guy who has to use hand warmers you are a guy with Raynaud's, a condition with a name!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    We are not German, but my family does this too. My parents set up a clue trail for each kid to find their Christmas Eve gift.

We have something similar except it can be Christmas eve or Christmas Day depending on when the greatest number of kids will be around. The Scavenger Hunt is a set of clues for each kid or family group where what ever color the first scrap of paper is will be the color of all the clues for them and they don't all have the same clue so they aren't traveling in one big pack. On the bottom of the pieces of paper will be a single letter which they will need to open the combination lock on the mystery box when they find it, so they need to keep all the pieces of paper and remember what order they found them in. We do a lot of this outside to burn off some sugar energy ( and give more hiding spots ) with most of the clues hidden outside they have to run around the Farm yards or country acreage looking for the next clue. Usually good for an hour of running around outside after the meal. The most common item in the mystery box - books - nothing like a tired kid grabbing a book for a read and falling a sleep before they can get a second sugar - goody high.
    HonuNui wrote: »
    December goal. Yeah. Move.
    12/25 cooked.
    Upcoming races: January 4, 2019 Hilo to Volcano Ultra 50k Relay. In memory of @KeepRunningFatboy

@HonuNui Yes it looks like the remnants of a good evening with family and friends. I think I will have to hit the Trails on Jan 4 for a few km's in memory also.
    @MobyCarp Accidentally missing a turn ;) well done.
    @PastorVincent At least you know it's Raynaud's and can make adjustments and allowances in your activities/clothing for it. We have a friend in our little club who has it and on the really cold days he just says nope not doing it - Like you he also uses the hand warmers - he got some light weight polypropylene wicking gloves modified with a little pocket on the palm and back of the hand where he can insert the chemical hand warmers - as he would say its a 2 pack day for the cold days. They are inner liners for his main glove. I believe he said he bought 2 pairs and took them to a lady who does sewing/repairs and she cut the one pair up and sewed it onto the other one with a chemical pack as a size model. I think someone posted a link or picture to gloves that actually had a pocket in them.