The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas! I have been behaving while on vacation minus last night arrrr! My husband and I went for sushi and was planning on having a little sake.... Well, not happy with myself. We were in the moment having fun; however, feel yucky today! I need to continue making healthier choices, not like last night!

Regroup and move on. Enjoy your vacation!! Xo
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!! Wishing us all a safe,sober,happy day <3
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Yesterday made 18 months since I have had a drink. One of the driving forces behind trying harder than ever before to make this time stick was the fear of going into my 60s as a problem drinker; risks of poor health and early death go way up. 18 months ago, I was also overweight (BMI over 33) and out of shape, which are two more big risk factors. Well, today I turned 60. I haven't had a drink in over 18 months, my BMI is below 25, I can do two hours of cardio non stop and I have visible abs. I can hardly believe that last part; that wasn't a goal because I didn't think that was realistic. So I am pretty pleased.

Congrats and Happy Birthday! You are inspiring!

• whitpauly
    Options
    You are inspiring Carved Tones! Hope you enjoy your birthday! Hafta work today and it's a bit annoying,probably be slow anyways oh well,waves to all and wishes for a fab AF Wednesday <3
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Hope you had a very Happy Birthday @CarvedTones !! Congratulations on your many successes!!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    The phantom hangover. I get that if I eat a lot of junk. The next day I feel like I had a food hangover. I am back on track after the last holidays, today. Hello greens. Long time no see, lol.
  • whitpauly
    Options
    Yep,defo have a food hangover here!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Yesterday made 18 months since I have had a drink. One of the driving forces behind trying harder than ever before to make this time stick was the fear of going into my 60s as a problem drinker; risks of poor health and early death go way up. 18 months ago, I was also overweight (BMI over 33) and out of shape, which are two more big risk factors. Well, today I turned 60. I haven't had a drink in over 18 months, my BMI is below 25, I can do two hours of cardio non stop and I have visible abs. I can hardly believe that last part; that wasn't a goal because I didn't think that was realistic. So I am pretty pleased.

You've really done great things, @CarvedTones and you continue to do them, by inspiring people here every day. Love your posts.

Woo hoo, abs!!! :smiley:

It's inspiring to others to know that people can change habits at any age. How many years were you a drinker, and were you a daily drinker?