The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Welcome back @JenT304! We missed you! That trip sounds like it was great! Nice job on being sober and enjoying it!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @Norminv --GREAT going!!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    WOW...8 people commented while I was venting my last blurb. LOL!!

YAY @Norminv 28 days WOO HOO!!!

Welcome back @JenT304 SO glad you had a great visit with your girl. <3

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    @Drummer913 That is such a wonderful idea. Go for a run! Right now, don’t worry about pissing anyone off; it’s time to be selfish. Your health and sanity are worth the effort. I’m so happy for you ! Congrats on Day 60.

@JenT304 Welcome back! Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself -sober and happy.
    @AntsyAngler Bravo- two years of personal growth and healthy habits!
    @lorrainequiche59 IT’s like the gods are tempting you and saying “let’s see how strong you are.” And you ARE being very strong. It’s getting comical how many bottles you have received. Stay strong.

@salleewins You are taking control of your life and health. You are amazing!!
    @NormInv Awesome!! Nearly a month. Keep it up. So proud of you!
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    @AntsyAngler YES, this is a "cool" thread! Welcome on board!

@Drummer913 How inspirational are YOU!?!?! Definitely don't worry about others' reaction to taking care of yourself....sober self-fullness is way better than drinking self-ISHness. What a great idea of running into midnight.

@RubyRed427 All I can say is, YOU GO GIRL!

We can all have a sober end to this year helping each other through and into the next year strong!!!!!!

Just realized I use ALOT of exclamation marks LOL ... I'm not mad & I'm not yelling, just SO excited LOL. I think there was a blurb on a Seinfeld episode about exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    I was thinking through the night AGAIN about other people's stuff :'( This is how my brain processes.

There is another layer to my recent story I related above. The person who shared with me about my former drinking bud's (FDB's) return to the drink, showed up at my door last night smelling like alcohol herself and had just DRIVEN to my place down the exact same street as the FDB of mine who got nailed for the 2nd time. FDB is her sister. She is the one who helped out her sis through the first DUI to the extreme...and then has backed off somewhat this round, but still "helping." It was at HER house that my FDB had a drink while everyone else was drinking and she sat here expressing her disappointment in her sister for drinking again??. The words that wanted to JUMP out of my mouth were, "Why on earth would you allow her to drink in your home after ALL that crap?" But I shut my lips & bit my tongue. I watched denial rear it's ugly head right in front of me and it kinda paralyzed me. Obviously, this person has her own drinking issue and I've known that for some time. Anyway.....

Now though, after giving it some thought, decided that I want to broach the subject again with this person....I am feeling torn right now. What I "want" to do & what the right thing to do may be two entirely different things and I would really appreciate some feedback from you guys from an objective place. Part of me wants to let her know that I smelled the alcohol on HER breath and if our friendly neighborhood officer randomly stopped her. Tis the season for roadcheck!! She definitely would have been given a roadside test. ESPECIALLY this time of year!

I do not want to take part in the denial process ignoring the elephant in the room or watch another train wreck in motion and not say anything....at the same time I need to be ready for the fallout should my concern not be received well....I've been down this road before and experienced the "fallout" many times, but in the end decided I needed to at least "try" to express my concern. Regardless of how it is received, in the end, I have to live with myself. There is this fear though that always rises in me, "What if they stop talking to me OR avoid me OR...??" And my answer to that is always, "Well, if that is the case, I suppose I'm better off without that person in my life!!"

PLEASE help me figure this out. After reading this back, I think I know what I NEED to do and that is what I want to do...cause I think what I want to do IS the right thing even though it is the hardest thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kcn2bluesky
    kcn2bluesky Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 Since this is your friend, and you are approaching this from a place of genuine concern, I would bring it up with her once. Then let it go. What she does with the information is up to her. How she reacts to what you say is up to her. Yours might just be the voice she needs to hear! I also think you do risk having her end the friendship. If that is the case then there's really nothing you can do about that and like you said, you are better off without them in your life. Easier said than done I know!

Wishing you the best of luck with this!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    @lorrainequiche59 I agree with the previous posters. I would definitely say something and tell her you care deeply for her and her safety and the safety of others. Then, let it go. I know that I always knew what I was doing was wrong; I wasn’t fooling myself. But it would have been nice for a friend to give me valuable advice. Be that friend. Xo
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    BTW there IS an Seinfeld episode where Elaine expresses her use of exclamation points LMAO. Youtube "Elaine and exclamation points!!!!!!!! LOL Just watched it!!! Needed a laugh. :D