The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Happy NYE!! Hope everyone has a safe,AF night,I'll probably be in bed right after the New York ball drops(I'm in Vegas so it'll be 9) just can't do late nights anymore cuz it messes up my sleep for about a week I swear! Just think how by not drinking we'll wake up feeling great while everyone else is sick as a dog! <3
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Ruby thanks for bringing Craig Beck's video. Serious, "spot on" and made me laugh with his presentation as times.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    This is my first NYE staying in since 2008 or 2009 I think. I have a cold and "that time of the month" so I don't feel like even leaving the house let alone having a night out, and my husband isn't much of a partier so he doesn't mind staying in. I feel like NYE is a bit overrated anyway and any other weekend is better for going out. Instead I'm going to do some work, we might watch a movie, and we will get some sort of sparkling cider or something to toast with. But anyway just saying that there's nothing wrong with staying in sometimes and there's a lot of societal pressure and FOMO to have the "perfect" night out for NYE but it's just a societal construct anyway and sometimes it isn't relevant to where you are in life. And here's a relevant joke for your amusement:

https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/nuhxf/totally_overhyped_new_years_eve_party/
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    You've got this Norm! Stay strong!
  • salleewins
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Norm you can do it---I looked at the store myself more than usual. It is the 3rd leg of the Bermuda triangle. Tomorrow you will be soooo upset if you cave. Yes you were close, BUT YOU DIDN'T DO IT. I was closer than usual myself today. You are always better at home once you get there, maybe get there quick. Order food in if that helps--do something special if you want. I got sweets and eggplant parm.....etc. No alcohol. You will be so happy tomorrow.....Plan the rest of the night with something fun or go to bed if that helps early. Prayers for all of us.
  • salleewins
    Options
    Check back in Norm and let us know how you are doing when you can. We all care!!
  • salleewins
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Yes thank you @JenT304. You said it so well, that I wished I could have said it, lol. Thank you for beginning this group. This group has had my back and been there for me. Thank you to @RubyRed427 also for starting the less alcohol group where I joined last January. This last year has changed my life because of you all!! Happy New Year!!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    someone help me!!!! so tempted....went to run an errand and the demon said i need a whiskey drink...stopped at the liquor store, parked the car, started looking at highball recipe....started walking toward the store....midway something stopped me....OMG it was so excruciatingly close...i am on thin ice today....the NYE is making me crave a drink on my last day of Dry December

Norm- you worked so hard for this - distract yourself.

sorry forgot to quote you