The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,157 Member
    TGIF everyone! Ready for the weekend. It's been a loooong week! The plan is to take my kids skiing if the weather isn't too cold. Just need to get out of the house and do something.
    I'm feeling a little lonely/sad today. Been entertaining the idea of going to the brewery after work for a few beers. I'm missing that social aspect of being out and about, conversing with the locals and meeting new people. But, I know how i'll feel afterwards if I do that, so I won't, but I really, really want to.
    How am I only 32 days AF???..... seems so much longer.

Congrats on day 32~ feels like longer doesn’t it? :D
    Yes, I can relate to being bored and lonely when your routine involved alcohol socially. It’s hard to be the only one not drinking but as so many on this thread have said, that feeling passes and eventually you don’t think about it. Not sure when that will happen, but it will.
    Have fun skiing! Such a lovely sport to share with the kids. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Morning!

After dry January and my mishap on Super Bowl Sunday, I was hesitant on drinking wine yesterday with my husband on Valentine’s Day. He could have cared a less if I drank or not, thus, no pressure. I have had a pretty much dry February as well. I changed my attitude knowing that my limit was two glasses and that’s that! I enjoyed my two glasses and didn’t want more, which is a huge win. I was mindful of my drinking and didn’t want to go down a bad path. It feels great to feel responsible and not let alcohol control the night. I am going back to AF reiterate my healthy habits!

I am going to workout this morning and golf with husband this afternoon. Awesome, feel great!

Love the quote about alcohol not controlling the event! Hope golf went well!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    @rubyred427 Smart move! I wish you a quiet, peaceful weekend! 👍🥰💃🙋‍♀️
  • RubyRed427
    @Ed_Zilla Excellent list- those are all so TRUE!
    @whitpauly Good morning... wishing you a calm AF day!
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    @ed_zilla I am so happy for you and also enjoying so many positives of not drinking! I was a “sophisticated” wine drinker, lots of wine.

@Rosie_TG Welcome! Kudos on ten days AF! 👏👍💃
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    @RubyRed427 So glad you cancelled your plans when you felt it wouldn't be healthy for you. It's so easy to let one lapse take over and get you back into the same patterns.. I hope you have a great weekend!
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member

@Rosie_TG Welcome! Kudos on ten days AF! 👏👍💃

Thank you for the encouragement. Early days, but I'm determined to make a positive change.
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Dang it - forgot to post yesterday. 601 days...

Congratulations! Such an accomplishment!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    LC0924 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday, friends!

I went to see a 90’s cover band last night at a tiny little dive bar with some friends, had a great time and no desire to drink 🙌🏼 I stayed out way later than normal but as a result got to chat on the phone with my husband (he’s deployed and in a different time zone) and finally got to bed around 2 am 😳 I woke up with a raging headache (because apparently 29 is when sleep deprivation becomes problematic) and a TON of gratitude that the headache wasn’t made worse by ordering all the G+T’s, or losing memory of parts of the night, or making dangerous transportation choices. Perspective is a weird and beautiful thing ☺️ Grateful for the lot of you today!

What a great outcome! Love it
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    LOVE THIS QUOTE!!! ❤️

Frank Outlaw expresses this principle well:

Watch your thoughts, they become words.

Watch your words, they become actions.

Watch your actions, they become habits.

Watch your habits, they become character.

Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.