Calorie Counter

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Welcome New Members!

Replies

• era366era366 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Happy New Year! I first signed up a while back but didn't participate. Now I'm ready to make a change and am nervous and excited. My goals are to shed some weight but, more importantly, to change my habits so I can be healthy and strong!
  • Warg0ddessWarg0ddess Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Hi everyone. I have kind of used this program before but not fully. I only did it for a few days. Now I am getting back into focusing on being healthy and I decided to fully engage the MFP. I have finally gotten my head in the right place and am ready to start making real changes. I’m excited for 2019 and what it will bring.
  • sonyakhalfani4741sonyakhalfani4741 Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    Hi my name is Sonya and this is my 3rd day. I would like to lose 25-30lbs. It was recommended that I do the 1500 calorie but I’m trying for 1280 each day. I hope this works. Good luck with a new life style everyone!
  • EatRightStayStrongEatRightStayStrong Member Posts: 6 Member Member Posts: 6 Member
    I'm a big believer in the myfitinesspal app. I've had some success in the past but been inactive for quite awhile and now hoping to achieving some weight lose and improving my cardio. All support and motivation is kindly accepted. Cheers!
  • MiguelGaGMiguelGaG Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all !! My name is Miguel.
    I am new. Goal for the new year: Reduce 2 Stone before summer. I lost a lot over the last two years but put back on some during Christmas !! :smiley:
    edited January 2019
  • louisew1xlouisew1x Member Posts: 8 Member Member Posts: 8 Member
    Hi. I started two days ago.
    I'm a big believer in the myfitinesspal app. I've had some success in the past but been inactive for quite awhile and now hoping to achieving some weight lose and improving my cardio. All support and motivation is kindly accepted. Cheers!

Keep at it. I'm hoping to lose some weight with this app
    Hi my name is Sonya and this is my 3rd day. I would like to lose 25-30lbs. It was recommended that I do the 1500 calorie but I’m trying for 1280 each day. I hope this works. Good luck with a new life style everyone!

I started at the same time as you. Could really eat a bar of chocolate or packet of crisps now. Good luck.
  • mssupimssupi Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member Member, Premium Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I'm Sue. I started early December (2018), and have been doing fairly well. I'm down about 12 lbs. I have a lot of weight to loose, and I have started and stopped over the years. I've been just into type 2 diabetic for about 3 years now. I really need to loose the weight to get out the T2D zone. About 30 lbs will get me there, but I really need to drop about 150 lbs. I'm getting ready to be 57, so this time it needs to stick. I am determined.
    MFP had me at 2200 calories, I decided on 1600, but my doctor trumped me with the need to go to 1000 calories. I settled on 1100. I only go over about 2 days a week, but not by a significant amount, so it is showing up on the scales.
    I try not to eat what I call conscious carbs, like rice, pasta, breads, potatoes & such. This app points out there are carbs in a lot of things I didn't think they were in, like eggs, tomatoes & bell peppers, but I am ok with them.
    I feel like I can do this this time!!