11.7 miles / 33:53 / 420 calories
    Decent night on the bike.
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    58 minutes Stages Flight (indoor cycling) - 17.1 mph average
    rest day tomorrow
  • winodini
    winodini Posts: 135 Member
    I attended a 1hr high cardio class at my gym tonight; I mostly kept up 😆 the teacher was great and motivating. I’ll try again next week.
  • ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
    I am often going on to Instagram to get work out ideas, as I follow a few trainers who post videos. I work out 5-6 days a week and like to mix it up & try new things. I thought I would start a discussion and have people post their work outs. Maybe give each other some good ideas! If I stick with the same thing over and over I get booorred.

MY WORK OUT TODAY:
    30 min on treadmill, alternating speeds walking & running
    Squats with kettlebell
    Overhead press to squat with 40lb. bar
    Mountain climber/burpee/pushup circuit
    10 minutes of stretching to end

Total time: 1hr. 10 min.

Current weight: 162
    Goal weight: 142

Running and HIIT on the treadmill! Just cardio today.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    1hr stair workout with PT every time I think it can't possibly can't get any harder it does looks like decline press ups are going to be a regular thing.

3.1 mile run, legs were seriously tired and it felt like the final 3 miles of a half and was slow

30 min tabata class

45 min total body conditioning class

Just over 1000Cal burnt and I'm done for the day. Going to rest until the run to bootcamp tomorrow
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Still to early to work out for me (I work out after work and dinner), but yesterday I did:

20 jump into burpee position, lower, superman, jump into standing position
    20 monkey pushups
    20 james bond lunges
    20 side crunches (10x2)
    20 breakdance pushups

three times.
    All done very slowly with holds and explosive upwards movements. My muscles were shaking afterwards :D
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    30-minute shoulder workout and 30 minutes on stationary bike.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Less fun more work (but good work) for today's workout - this time with a partner
    8x1' at our 1k pace/1:40 off switching with our partner - each person did eight intervals. So we set the monitors up for 20 sec rest and we had 10 seconds to switch and then were cheering on our partner. Then we had a 10 min rest and did the same thing but six intervals for each person. The goal was to practice the first minute of our 1k without blowing up.

I couldn't easily find my last (best) 1k test. It turns out my split from that was 1:45.5. I have another 1k test next Wednesday. I'm going to shoot for 1:45 and see how I feel for the last 500m. I didn't take a picture of the screen for the last six, but my split for the last interval of the first set was 1:43.4 (it was the only one under 1:45.5, though one was 1:45.6) - mind you my goal was 2:05 which I quickly realized was too slow so I just disregarded said goal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I don't start back up until Monday
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    40 minute easy paced run
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    10.1 miles / 28:42 / 370 calories
    Not bad for my rest day.

2,940.8 miles left this year.
  • IndigoWest
    IndigoWest Posts: 118 Member
    @CentaurusSoter
    Looks like you have set out a great goal...awesome 💪👌👏👏
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    IndigoWest wrote: »
    @CentaurusSoter

I am biking back to the first place I saw the Pacific Ocean. Pretty awesome memories of that place, living on the other side of the country, and so on.

Plus, this has the added benefit of being just long enough that I can finish it a lot earlier than 365 days. I can also trick myself into biking more often by telling myself it's *only* 10 miles or more a night. Little stuff adds up and the stupid brain doesn't get as exhausted doing little things.
  • cantillosp
    cantillosp Posts: 5 Member
    Body pump class at Gold’s gym and core strengthening.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    The weather cleared up so I went for an hour + bike ride. My bike is an ancient mountain bike with 18 gears. I ride it in the highest gear. That's a workout.
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Morning weights, lunch time easy hour of running.
  • maverick4x4
    maverick4x4 Posts: 80 Member
    Arms. After doing a weird sideways elliptical for 10 minutes.
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Zumba 30 minutes
  • IndigoWest
    IndigoWest wrote: »
    @CentaurusSoter

I am biking back to the first place I saw the Pacific Ocean. Pretty awesome memories of that place, living on the other side of the country, and so on.

Plus, this has the added benefit of being just long enough that I can finish it a lot earlier than 365 days. I can also trick myself into biking more often by telling myself it's *only* 10 miles or more a night. Little stuff adds up and the stupid brain doesn't get as exhausted doing little things.

Nostalgia and exercise paired must be a great way to wire the brain to want more, right? I love what you are doing!

And I most definitely relate to brain trickery as I consistently plan big goals - too big and my brain gets frustrated like "we are doing what?, no, not possible!". So my only way through is to breakdown challenges into mini goals, which I love in a get freaky about organising kinda way (don't judge me people LOL).

I keep a MiGoals diary too so I can schedule it all in, measure outcomes and physically cross of achievements.
    I also reward myself regularly (not food), just nice things that make me feel good.

At the end of accomplishing big goals my brain is in shock and awe and the endorphins kick in.

Rinse and repeat, because it works.

• IndigoWest
    Rowing - 30 minutes (first time and it felt like I could die, so a good choice)
    1 hour weights - Legs and chest
    Walking my dog - uphill/downhill combos