30 Day Shred with me?

Replies

• vegasvada
    vegasvada Posts: 11 Member
    I started today. I had to modify. But I definitely worked up a sweat and realized my upper body is weak! But I enjoyed it and plan to stick with it.
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    I’m starting this today...AGAIN. I’ve had such good results in the past but I have never finished the whole 30 days. I’m doing it this time! How is everyone doing with it so far? 👏🏼👏🏼

I’ll start on Monday - but will do some elements (jacks and crunches) on my bellicon (trampoline/rebounder) to avoid impact and to make sure I use the damn thing that cost me £400 last New Year... 🤣
  • cmon288
    cmon288 Posts: 173 Member
    I was just browsing after leaving the gym (just doing C25K on treadmill). Y’all are really inspiring me to go home and blow the dust of my 30DS. Is this the one with 3 levels? I think I made it to level 2 before I injured myself. In Shred’s defense I was also doing the C25k program back then every other day so my calf’s were constantly taking a beating. Think I might try the combo again. Good luck every one. I hope you all finish.
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2019
    Just finished day 1 of Level 2....it nearly killed me!! I find lvl 2 the hardest because it's like every second move involves being in some kind of plank position!! It kills me 😰😰

*forgot to add I weighed myself too
    SW:100kg/220lbs 😓 (thanks Xmas!)
    CW: 97.5kg/214lbs
  • intrigame23
    intrigame23 Posts: 193 Member
    omgosh! You all are amazing! I'm on Day 5 of Level 1 and doing it on Monday. Back to back no days off was not good last time I did this. So I'm doing Monday through Friday (missed Monday and Tuesday this week).

What modifications do you make? I'm taking cardio out -- killed my already messed up knees. Instead I'll do cardio separately by walking or using the upright bike.
  • intrigame23
    xmissxamyx wrote: »
    Just finished day 1 of Level 2....it nearly killed me!! I find lvl 2 the hardest because it's like every second move involves being in some kind of plank position!! It kills me 😰😰

*forgot to add I weighed myself too
    SW:100kg/220lbs 😓 (thanks Xmas!)
    CW: 97.5kg/214lbs

Not looking forward to doing the Level 2 workout, but def looking forward to results from it. lol We can do it!! 😊
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    omgosh! You all are amazing! I'm on Day 5 of Level 1 and doing it on Monday. Back to back no days off was not good last time I did this. So I'm doing Monday through Friday (missed Monday and Tuesday this week).

What modifications do you make? I'm taking cardio out -- killed my already messed up knees. Instead I'll do cardio separately by walking or using the upright bike.

I do modified low-impact jumpjacks (I don’t care what Jillian says, I’m doing the modified jumping jack!) and wall push-ups because I suck at push ups and never feel like I have good form when I drop my knees.
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Count me in...I started it January 2nd.
    I have finished it before a couple times. The first time I did 30 days straight and it was hard on my knees(specially level 2), the second time I took my time moving from one level to the other, I think I stayed on level 1 for 3 weeks...and took 2 days off each week. That’s what I am planning to do this time around, listen to my body...
    By the way the results were amazing, specially around my waist.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member

Funny enough, one of the modifications I make is to add more cardio 😂 there's a lot of moves in level 2 that I can't do. So I literally just jog around my apartment while those moves are being done so im not standing still doing nothing. Ive lowered the weights I use for level 2 as well because so many of the moves work the shoulders and that's one of my weakest areas I find that I get exhausted to the point of not being able to continue if I use heavier weights.

• alannaenewman
    alannaenewman Posts: 11 Member
    I started Ripped in 30 on Friday and did yesterday as well. May try to do tonight or just do day 3 tomorrow. I am planning on walking today on my lunch break at work. Starting at level 1 and I am a little sore. Think I need to dig out my 5 lb weights because 3 lbs are too easy!
  • PorfforBat
    PorfforBat Posts: 23 Member
    Just dusted off my copy. I remember loving and hating it. 😂

I am trying to do some at home calisthenics and exercises as can't drive at the moment so am on a gap from karate. Also trying to lose some lbs and up my fitness in this gap.
  • Running2Fit
    Do you all use the same size weights through the whole video? I feel like I barely have time to change weights! But some moves I can do with 10 lbs and others I can barely do with 3 so I feel like I can’t use use the same ones for everything.
  • normalicia11
    Do you all use the same size weights through the whole video? I feel like I barely have time to change weights! But some moves I can do with 10 lbs and others I can barely do with 3 so I feel like I can’t use use the same ones for everything.
    I use 5lbs and 10lbs
  • normalicia11
    Day 3 done🙂
  • intrigame23
    Day 5 done this morning. I totally feel the difference in workout quality when I'm hydrated and ate well the day before vs. eating like a pig and not getting enough water. Today was the latter but pushed through.
  • intrigame23

Same! I alternate 5lbs, 8lbs, and 10lbs.
  • intrigame23
    Day 3 done🙂

Yay!!
  • Running2Fit
    Today was my first day back to running. Running 2.5 miles before 30 DS definitely made things more challenging! But I got day 7 done. I’m really feeling ready to move on to level to but I figure I might as well do the last 3 days of level 1 otherwise I might get really bored of doing level 2 extra long.
  • normalicia11
    Day 4: done
    Today it was hard to get my self to exercise but I feel better now.
    Let’s keep pushing!!!
  • alannaenewman
    alannaenewman Posts: 11 Member
    Day 3 done today and alternated 3 and 6 lb weights. Definitely more challenging with 6 lbs!