WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Held my plank for 3 minutes then took the extremepump class. The plan for tomorrow is to do the Reebok Cardio Tone DVD

Tracey – congrats on being smoke free. My father called me stubborn, too. That trait seems to work in our favor

M – I’ve noticed differences in calories, etc in the database, too. I always assumed it was because the calorie counts are different in different countries.

Bianca – where did you get the calorie count for the banana bread? If you got it from the database, people put in calorie counts for things like the whole loaf or half the loaf, when you only had a slice. That could explain why suddenly you have used up your calorie allotment for the day.

Beth – when Jess leaves, I have to really clean, make the bed, put her things away, clean the bathroom. You’re right, I certainly don’t miss that part.

CSSJ – (((HUG)))

Clowe – all I can say is “wow!!!”

Bonnie – at least the people will bring Ollie back. Some people wouldn’t do that.

Went to ceramics and then mahjongg. There was a new lady there. Maj’d once only

Michele in NC
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    For a brief moment in time, January's calendar had hardly anything on it.

Now it's full and I'm booking into February. :open_mouth:

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – I’ve noticed differences in calories, etc in the database, too. I always assumed it was because the calorie counts are different in different countries.

Sometimes that's true. You do have to pick the item from your country.

But in this case, it was an Australian item that used to show 75 calories, then someone decided it wasn't that much and changed it to 50 calories.

We only wish. But no. It doesn't suddenly drop 25 calories just because someone would like it to be 25 calories less.

M in Oz
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Rebecca what is the red in the jar below your avocado start?
    Vicki only 1 day off every two weeks? :noway:
    Irish Terri "ice dancing" WOW!
    Bianca Sourdough french bread is one of my downfalls, find it makes me ravenous for M O R E. Limit myself to 54g once a week or less.
    Lanette :love: Rosie!
    Felicia wet suit spelunking? You GO gal! But ... wet, cold, dark, confined... not my cup of tea ;}
    Michele the PTs "closed the door" Laughing, tears spurting, choking in recognition and rememberance.
    Tracey 10 years smoke free, Brava!!!
    Machka "you do have to watch where you walk or put your hand" ? Tell me it isn't ssssnakessss???? Thanks for the stepson story, so glad things went well.
    Margaret singing brings down cortisol levels? Thank you VERY much! Will have to give Joe earplugs ... ;)
    NYKaren "...a whole-nother story" true that. The keeper of the forest analogy was so right on.
    Barbie I could have used your "Pause" this morning... Joe was blowing spruce needles off the deck and, wanting to be helpful, brought the blower into the dining room and started blasting away. NO, no, noooo, NOOOO! I shrieked. He's done this before and I find needles crammed into the corners and edges and even in crevices of small kitchen appliances. BUT, really I didn't have to shriek. I could have just touched his shoulder and smilingly shook my head. Aaaauuugggghhh.
    CJ :cry: I hope the person and his/her guide dog weren't injured too. "rather impatient" seems mild to me, my description would have been considerably blue-er. :devil:
    Janet in Eastern MO "me not planning well enough" been there, do that too often. One thing that's helping me is linking veg prep to morning routine... while waiting for water to boil, tea to steep, I'll prep the days' veggies.
    Welcome Diane from Lowell MI
    Evelyn "start going to bed when I am tired." Sound advice that I'll take right now. :sleeping:

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 6/31, 60 g protein 5/31, rx/vits 5/31, meditate 6/31, knee exercises 6/31, SWSY UP 2/9, SWSY LOW 2/9, core 2/9, play with Tumble 2/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 4/31.
    01/07=LT: SWSY-N MT: Tumble groom-Y ST: undecorate Christmas Tree-Y
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka "you do have to watch where you walk or put your hand" ? Tell me it isn't ssssnakessss???? Thanks for the stepson story, so glad things went well.

Most likely would be ants ... then spiders ... then perhaps snakes. :)

Machka in Oz

• wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    I've joined a group of ladies who meet up for coffee and lunch on a monthly basis and we decided to see the new Mary Poppins film yesterday, (we were the only ones there without children :D but we didn't care). I really enjoyed it, the special effects were so good. There was even a cameo appearance by Dick Van *kitten* who was is in the original version. Well worth seeing.

What beautiful words about the effects of someone passing. Sorry can't remember who posted the original.

Heather what a shame about the broken glass in your dresser.

Had lots more to say, but time has got away with me, I'd better get some work done! I'll try to get back later.

Have a good Tuesday <3

Viv UK
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :D For some reason it has changed Dick Van D Y K E 's name . Good grief what is the world coming to :) Not sure if this will work, but you know who I mean
  • Machka9
    Options
    Just sorted out the distance I cycled in 2018 ... not much at all. But it was that kind of year. :(

2018 - Cycling (Outside & Zwift)

Distance ... 2,866.1 km
    Time ........ 155h 30m
    Elev Gain .. 24,154 m
    Rides ....... 108

Outside Km ... 1973.38 km

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Machka If I cycled an average of 4.7 miles per day for a year I would think I had done very well indeed.
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka If I cycled an average of 4.7 miles per day for a year I would think I had done very well indeed.

:)

Out of the 29 years I've been doing this, it's my 25/29th best year. In other words, I've only had 4 years with fewer kilometres.

M in Oz

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday!
    Viv- LOL! I giggled when I saw how mfp censored Dick VanD Y K E's name! I haven't seen the new Mary Poppins, yet; but it is on my list of movies I want to see.
    Kylia- Keeping baby Aubrey in my thoughts and prayers. Wow! Like Karen VA, I am so impressed with Aubrey's daddy's employer! What a wonderful gift to give to an employee with a sick family member! Put a lump in my throat this morning!
    Suebdew-my cousin has one kidney and does keto. She checked in with her doctor first, because I guess some meds and health conditions will factor into how your kidney's react. She has to monitor her water intake to be sure she is getting enough and she eats a LOT of veggies. She also has labs done on a regular basis to make sure all of her "numbers" are okay. But she has lost weight and feels so much better since living a keto lifestyle.
    Cathy in Arlington-You look fantastic!
    Barbara- I am dying of laughter this morning! I can just picture your Joe, blasting away with the blower in your dining room! LOLOL ! Thanks, but no thanks!

Well, I better get moving. One kiddo is asking for breakfast and I will have baby Nora here, shortly, and she usually arrives either hungry or poopy. I have my consult appointment with my gynecologist this afternoon; so the kids will be picked up early but Trentin will be here at 4:15 (but only for a couple hours). I might get to bed early tonight! EEEeeek! So excited!
    Sending love and hugs to you all! ttfn xoxoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Hope your day is full of great choices, moments of laughter, and lots of movement!
    YOU ARE ALL WORTHY!
    <3
    Kylia