WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Penny: I’m sure I’d be filled with delight during the arctic summer, but I’m not sure how well I’d do in December. Christmas lights are a huge help with the addition of Vitamin D3 here at the 45th parallel. I take the D3 year around and don’t change the dose just because of the day length. It is only January 8 and I’m already noticing the increased light and feeling good about it. :smiley:

Felicia: It sounds like you’re having a great trip. Enjoy every minute. :star:

I have a city meeting to attend this evening and I’m looking forward to it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Checking in. I’m somewhat caught up. I know I missed a lot with my skimming through.

I just needed to pop on and share this photo I stole from FB which just screamed Lisa in Arkansas.

gariqsowcjib.jpeg

K

Thanks, Katie! :D

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Rozbee1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone Im Roz from UK.
    I have 3 and half stone to lose and doing the 5:2 Fast Diet from Michael Mosley. On a fast day tomorrow so here goes folks..... 😁
    Happy tracking everyone... hope it hoes well for you
    Feel free to add me

Roz - Welcome! You can do it! The 5:2 Fast Diet is one of my favorites. You are already added since you posted here, by the way ;-) Stop in often and you'll get to know us <3 And tell us about yourself.

Lanette
    SW WA State

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    Hi everyone, it appears that MFP is experiencing difficulties with the food. I can track if it's in my list, but if I search for a food I cannot add that to my diary. Hope it's fixed soon.

Ollie is doing great. I think he thinks he just went for a playdate. <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,285 Member
    Hi everyone, it appears that MFP is experiencing difficulties with the food. I can track if it's in my list, but if I search for a food I cannot add that to my diary. Hope it's fixed soon.

Ollie is doing great. I think he thinks he just went for a playdate. <3

Bonnie, are you using your phone to log? I'm not having trouble logging on my PC - but it was acting up a few weeks ago. Glad Ollie is doing great. Love his ears by the way. <3

Lanette
    SW WA State

• BonnieHosk85
    BonnieHosk85 Posts: 2,552 Member
    @lhscapil, I was able to log everything on my phone, but not my laptop.

His ears are funny. I want to call him Bunny. LOL!!
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Hi gals. I've read all the posts but can't stay up long enough to comment on everyone! I'm going to bed as soon as DH calls; I didn't sleep well last night and I'm practically drooling here.

Welcome to the newbies; you will enjoy being here!

Katiebug: OMG I about choked I laughed so hard at the cat/egg picture. That was hilarious!

Penny: I will have to come visit you someday....that picture is mesmerizing!

OK friends, Hope tomorrow is great. Meg from Omaha
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,024 Member
    Heather I love daffodils. I think of them as trumpets of hope. My word this year.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,435 Member
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.20min, 11.4amph, 141mhr, 1.5mi= 80c
    manual treadmill- 48min, 116ahr, 148mhr, 2.86mi= 338c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.42min, 135mhr, 15.5amph, 1.4mi= 65c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 16.17min, 11.1amph, 148mhr, 3mi= 161c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 5.02min, 9.49min mi, 147mhr, .5mi= 65c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 5.24min, 9.41min mi, 147mhr, .4mi= 60c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.32min, 7.6amph, 141mhr, 2.5mi= 179c

total cal 948
  • clowe1028
    clowe1028 Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2019
    @BonnieHosk85 Since you are on your laptop but have no problem on your phone, your laptop may not be connected to the internet. The app doesn’t have access to search for foods. You may briefly see a bar at the top saying something about local.

Cathy in Arlington, TX
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Margaret There are at least a bajillion youtube recordings at various frequencies. First of all, I am completely ignorant of whatever research there may be on which frequencies might be healing or sleep-inducing or calming. Second, from reading some of the comments, apparently some of the frequencies on youtube are "bogus". People have tested them with frequency monitors.

How did you figure out what to listen to?

Karen in VIrginia
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    pip :love: pup bullwinkle. Nuthin' cuter than golden pups... not even Skyes ;}
    5l5t8wm5ul8g.jpg
    w90v9t5pzekr.jpg
    Happy Birthday Yogi-sweet-eyes.
    Margaret 4 pedestrians in the last week? :cry:
    Cathy you must be the poster girl for keto. Thank you for sharing. Inspiring!
    Sharon great to hear from you post-surgery. Could the Giantess be trying to warm/heal you?
    Bonnie, imho if you think it may be a sign... it probably is. ;)
    Rebecca the proof that I like beer is around my waist :devil:
    Tracey "steel wool on the antenna" we used tin foil ;)
    Penny basking in that glow! I'm not snickering at all, too busy rejoicing that it's getting lighter a little earlier every day here.
    Kay "Egg" hahahahahahahah!
    NYKaren Squidgy is what my middle is...
    Felicia Whew steep climb, no hand rails, no guard rails at top? I'd be very afraid...

Welcome Leslie from Boerne, Roz from the UK!

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    walk one more step 8/31, 60 g protein 7/31, rx/vits 7/31, meditate 8/31, knee exercises 8/31, SWSY UP 3/9, SWSY LOW 3/9, core 3/9, play with Tumble 3/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 6/31.
    01/08=LT: SWSY-Y MT: Tumble Groom-N ST: 30 mins the-real-skinny-on-fat, call Jim and Sandy-N
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,618 Member
    on page 26
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,125 Member
    Hi all!
    I'm going to spend the day preparing for my dinner party. Yes, I know I don't have to go to a lot of trouble, but I've been promising them (younger son and my daughter in law) a proper dinner since we've been here. We always see them in a rush, or with the grandkids, so this will be a 'grown up' occasion. :bigsmile:
    Going to do the works, candles, flowers, three courses plus cheese.
    The dessert is mainly done - the brownies. Going to add chocolate sauce and think about vanilla ice cream. :o
    The venison in red wine main course is done. Going to have spinach on the side and a potato and celeriac gratin. I'm going to do them in small, brightly coloured, ceramic pots. :D
    The starter is locally smoked mackerel, plus a (bought) salmon and roe sushi. Served with lightly home pickled carrot and zucchini, watercress and horseradish sauce.
    Cheese is Camembert and strong local cheddar.

Should be good. All wine, sparkling, rosé and red, will be AF, because my son is a recovering alcoholic. :D<3

Last night's visit from my friends went well. I could see that DH was uncomfortable as they were very 'loud' , but he did his best. I would prefer just to see her, but it was fine. I was good on calories as I had got a 5k run in as well as my exercise session.

Will just do the exercises session today. Small portions are in order tonight.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • AEPHubinc2015
    AEPHubinc2015 Posts: 127 Member
    I haven't been trying to lose weight in an orderly way for over a year but am back trying in here again.
    I had to laugh when I saw that I've only lost 3 lbs. since the last time I logged in here. There have been gains and losses; attempts and binges. And my weight is about the same.
    I have 25 lbs. to lose and am aiming for doing it over the next seven or eight months. My metabolism has always been very, VERY slow. And now that I'm 66 and have some joint issues, I don't do a lot to get it revved up.
    I'm a yoga and meditation teacher with my own small studio. I'm planning to close it up for a year and take an extended vacation with my DH when he retires soon. We hope to be in India (where we've been before) for six months and then China, Alaska, the NW US, Toronto and Nova Scotia for the following six months.
    You guys seem like a pretty big group. Kind of hard to keep track of everybody. I hope to catch on to what's going on with you, though.
    Aliza
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    I just thought of one thing I did forget to add to the list ...

Take Down Christmas Decorations!! I might be able to pencil that in for the weekend of Jan 19/20 ... or maybe Feb 2/3.

M in Oz